NT DJs / Producers / Musicians

Nothing really revolutionary.. just shot a video to coincide with our album release this Spring.

Album release party, social media campaigns, sending material to labels.. we played a few festivals last year that helped create some buzz.

Hopefully opening for Femi Kuti this summer which would be one of our bigger shows so far
nerd.gif
great man.. keep it up but remember to set yourself apart from the others in a unique way. Key relationships are key in entertainment so if you want to be successful put a lot of focus on that. Its a game of gatekeepers. remember that. 

great man.. keep it up but remember to set yourself apart from the others in a unique way. Key relationships are key in entertainment so if you want to be successful put a lot of focus on that. Its a game of gatekeepers. remember that. 

Appreciate the kind words and helpful ideas my man :nthat:

Repped

Last edited:
Dont post much anymore, but heres some new ****.
XJ u should post in the KTT producers thread. NT dead nonstop lol. waaaay more active. im bout to hop in the online sales game myself, i know its late but a lil revenue on the side is good. i know this ur main source of income tho right?

Nah, keep posting that heat in here as well, I looked forwarded to coming in here despite the lack of consistent activity in this thread.

Nah, keep posting that heat in here as well, I looked forwarded to coming in here despite the lack of consistent activity in this thread.
i suggest all of yall move to KTT for a production thread tbh. **** is lit. nobody on NT talks. just drops off a track or two and disappears again.

XJ u should post in the KTT producers thread. NT dead nonstop lol. waaaay more active. im bout to hop in the online sales game myself, i know its late but a lil revenue on the side is good. i know this ur main source of income tho right?

used to post there like a year ago, been some months since i even browsed there :lol:

i'll get back on there eventually

been experimenting with mixing 3 and 4 tracks simultaneously ; just posted one up . check it out !

if i really want to look into making beats what essentials do i need (programs, equipment, tutorials, etc.)?

any opinions on the akai mpk mini mk2 + m audio trigger finger pro for a novice? bro bought em but never touches either..

Last edited:

any opinions on the akai mpk mini mk2 + m audio trigger finger pro for a novice? bro bought em but never touches either..
When you get into the controller category, much of the product is the same. The biggest issues are if you like the keys and if you like the pads with the MPK. I've dealt with almost every mpc and tend to like the traditional pads better then the condensed pads on the extra portable versions. Also, if your an akai fan i would recommend checking out MPCstuff.com they have a great selection of customizable / spare parts for almost every akai product out there. 

I tend to stay away from the lower quality stuff like M audio, but hey to each his own 

Reactions: OTG

When you get into the controller category, much of the product is the same. The biggest issues are if you like the keys and if you like the pads with the MPK. I've dealt with almost every mpc and tend to like the traditional pads better then the condensed pads on the extra portable versions. Also, if your an akai fan i would recommend checking out MPCstuff.com they have a great selection of customizable / spare parts for almost every akai product out there. 

I tend to stay away from the lower quality stuff like M audio, but hey to each his own 
good looks homie.. what are some better quality brands than m-audio? and any recommendations on what are some good programs to start out with?

good looks homie.. what are some better quality brands than m-audio? and any recommendations on what are some good programs to start out with?

You on pc or Mac

The main reason people don't want to transition from pc to mac is typically because of fruity in the production world.. but i have to say i really recommend you putting your money up and getting yourself a macbook pro off top. You can always run bootcamp and run windows if its a good quality intel mac. 

But windows program wise go with fruity, reason, ableton live ect. VSTs are plentiful and easily found online if you need sounds

If you are strictly recording/mixing i recommend getting and learning pro tools HD.. its the industry standard and the best, but not for production..

I really recommend logic as well, but thats OS X only.. you can't use on windows. I've heard this is the program travis scott uses and i recommend it because you get the recordability of pro tools wit the production side of things like say a fruity or live. Its a little more complicated but i think thats a good thing once you get adjusted... and you don't need any hardware if your on the go, you can always use the computer keyboard to trigger sounds by using caps lock. Ill say it again... buy the macbook pro. Its what you want. 

Good brands to look into are as you said Akai, but remember they were bought out by numark so if you want true akai product you have to get an mpc before the 2500/5000's came out. I do recommend drum machines because they double as a controller as well, but are dated due to software. Producers like DJ premier/ pete rock/ Graduation era kanye will use mpc's due to their sonic characteristics post sample.. they add a specific type of distortion that you can't find in the digital world, only analog. This is also what you want to use if you plan on sampling from vinyl

I've heard good things about native instruments and the maschine line but i haven't used myself... but i remember every producer and their mother had one a year or two ago. 

Stay away from brands like alesis.. they tend to color sound and are an annoyance and a waste of money.  

You need to make sure you want specifically a controller rather then something like a standalone akai mpc, yamaha or roland keyboard. People always used to rave about the motifs/phantoms because of they keys.. They were more piano like rather then spring set ones in the newer Akai stuff. 

These days training your ears, getting TRUE sonic feedback from proper monitoring (speakers i recommend the one and only NS-10 but they cost and you need an amp), working your plugins properly and understanding sonic characteristics is the big thing.. If you know how to use your tools, you don't need all the bells and whistles as some people believe true. These days producers are strictly working off of their macbook pro's. Everything is done in the box unless live instruments are used. 

btw.. i have pretty much every relevant plugin (not vst's) for OS X so if anyone needs shoot me a pm. 

Reactions: OTG

The main reason people don't want to transition from pc to mac is typically because of fruity in the production world.. but i have to say i really recommend you putting your money up and getting yourself a macbook pro off top. You can always run bootcamp and run windows if its a good quality intel mac. 

But windows program wise go with fruity, reason, ableton live ect. VSTs are plentiful and easily found online if you need sounds

If you are strictly recording/mixing i recommend getting and learning pro tools HD.. its the industry standard and the best, but not for production..

I really recommend logic as well, but thats OS X only.. you can't use on windows. I've heard this is the program travis scott uses and i recommend it because you get the recordability of pro tools wit the production side of things like say a fruity or live. Its a little more complicated but i think thats a good thing once you get adjusted... and you don't need any hardware if your on the go, you can always use the computer keyboard to trigger sounds by using caps lock. Ill say it again... buy the macbook pro. Its what you want. 

Good brands to look into are as you said Akai, but remember they were bought out by numark so if you want true akai product you have to get an mpc before the 2500/5000's came out. I do recommend drum machines because they double as a controller as well, but are dated due to software. Producers like DJ premier/ pete rock/ Graduation era kanye will use mpc's due to their sonic characteristics post sample.. they add a specific type of distortion that you can't find in the digital world, only analog. This is also what you want to use if you plan on sampling from vinyl

I've heard good things about native instruments and the maschine line but i haven't used myself... but i remember every producer and their mother had one a year or two ago. 

Stay away from brands like alesis.. they tend to color sound and are an annoyance and a waste of money.  

You need to make sure you want specifically a controller rather then something like a standalone akai mpc, yamaha or roland keyboard. People always used to rave about the motifs/phantoms because of they keys.. They were more piano like rather then spring set ones in the newer Akai stuff. 

These days training your ears, getting TRUE sonic feedback from proper monitoring (speakers i recommend the one and only NS-10 but they cost and you need an amp), working your plugins properly and understanding sonic characteristics is the big thing.. If you know how to use your tools, you don't need all the bells and whistles as some people believe true. These days producers are strictly working off of their macbook pro's. Everything is done in the box unless live instruments are used. 

btw.. i have pretty much every relevant plugin (not vst's) for OS X so if anyone needs shoot me a pm. 
much appreciated my g. repped.

as an FL Studio user i love my MPK Mini, great for making beats on the go and getting ideas out quick

Back
Top Bottom