NT Fathers Unite: Tips and Cheat Codes for 1st-Time Dads

You'll use maybe 65% of that stuff :lol: U buy all this stuff thinking how great and convenient it is and when you're in the midst of it all, you either don't use it, don't use it enough, or be out and see it cheaper than what you paid for it. :lol:

You have to be careful w/ buying for a baby. There are so many things on the market that claim to help w/ motor skills, make life easier, blah blah blah. Babies and weddings are a racket and we want our children to flourish so bad that we feed into it, until we have another then we already know what it's hittin for.

We never bought the Diaper Genie and declined somebody buying us one. We copped the scented diaper bags from Dollar Tree and take the bags out after every #2 or every day w/ a #1.

I've never tried Babies R Us brand diapers but Up and Up diapers are decent for the price. They're about a step above Luvs and a step below Pampers/Huggies

Yea, we learned that the hard way w/ the Luvs. They were given as a gift so we rocked w/ em :smh: Every time lil man dropped a deuce, spillage. Up and Up diapers are coo but if you can afford to, go w/ Pampers or Huggies, you'll have more peace of mind.

Speech tip: Dont baby-talk to your baby. Talk to them in straight english. They will understand you faster and get used to the sound of speech. also - talk to your baby ALL THE TIME. describe what you are doing when you are doing it. Sing and read to them from birth.

and like a few people said before: don't over spend on fancy clothes (specifically nike/jordan shoes.) they will ourgrow that ish in an instant, and they dont even need shoes until they can walk.

not sure if this everywhere else but in the Bay Area, people put their child on a wait list for child when they're born.

Speech tip: Dont baby-talk to your baby. Talk to them in straight english. They will understand you faster and get used to the sound of speech. also - talk to your baby ALL THE TIME. describe what you are doing when you are doing it. Sing and read to them from birth.

and like a few people said before: don't over spend on fancy clothes (specifically nike/jordan shoes.) they will ourgrow that ish in an instant, and they dont even need shoes until they can walk.
this is the truth

Dont pick them up at first cry, let them cry for a bit.

If you pick them up at first cry, they will get use to it and never stop crying.

DO NOT USE A PACIFIER. Worst idea ever.

Read to your child as much as possible.

TV, iPad, iPhone ETC. is not a babysitter. Keep these items away from them.

Snap a lot of pictures and videos for memories only and not for LIKES.

Dont pick them up at first cry, let them cry for a bit.

If you pick them up at first cry, they will get use to it and never stop crying.

DO NOT USE A PACIFIER. Worst idea ever.

Read to your child as much as possible.

TV, iPad, iPhone ETC. is not a babysitter. Keep these items away from them.

Snap a lot of pictures and videos for memories only and not for LIKES.

I think using a pacifier is all good as long as breast feeding is well-established already, you don't force the use of one, and as long as you arent using it as your first go-to soothing mechanism. And if you plan of weening the baby off of it as they get older, you should be good.

I feared the pacifier would mess up my baby's incoming teeth, but my father in law is a dentist, and he approves of a pacifier for the baby stages.

Baby born on 9/18 and so far what I can say is, yes definitely have a mix of diapers because our son was a little bigger than we thought. He was also a week late.

Also - the feeding/diaper log - howeber you do it is so clutch because i have never been so tired the first day

34.5 hour labor.

P4L. And by L I mean wayyyy Later. See this page in 6 years NT

that's what I thought. But admittedly I was shooting up the club 4-5x a day, even took these volumizer supplements so I could extra shoot the club up. #gallons I should have known better, same time, my girl told me she doesn't think she can get pregnant, so I thought it was a free for all. Hindsight, should have seen a doctor or something first.

1 baby shower down, 1 more to get. Got almost 700 diapers, but everyone buys size 1 so we have to try to go trade some of these in

Last edited:
My wife is due late October. Baby shower next weekend.

We hit the Target sales two weeks ago for diapers and got the gift card. Got a living social offer for a Sam's Membership. Thought it would be useful to buy diapers in bulk that way (Enfamil too although she will be breast feeding).

Hit up yard sales for furniture. We bought a brand new rocker for $250 at Rooms to Go. The following week we saw a neighbor selling one, VNDS for $40. Talked him down to $35. Also had a neighbor giving away chest of drawers (cheap Wal-Mart kind but it was free).

I'm just worried about the lack of sleep.

P4L. And by L I mean wayyyy Later. See this page in 6 years NT

that's what I thought. But admittedly I was shooting up the club 4-5x a day, even took these volumizer supplements so I could extra shoot the club up. #gallons I should have known better, same time, my girl told me she doesn't think she can get pregnant, so I thought it was a free for all. Hindsight, should have seen a doctor or something first.

1 baby shower down, 1 more to get. Got almost 700 diapers, but everyone buys size 1 so we have to try to go trade some of these in

Bro we've been in a relationship for 14 years.

Condoms, birth control( taken regularly) and pulling out (towards the end) work !!!

Literally the second time...

BOOM!!

Last edited:

We hit the Target sales two weeks ago for diapers and got the gift card. Got a living social offer for a Sam's Membership. Thought it would be useful to buy diapers in bulk that way (Enfamil too although she will be breast feeding).

Hit up yard sales for furniture. We bought a brand new rocker for $250 at Rooms to Go. The following week we saw a neighbor selling one, VNDS for $40. Talked him down to $35. Also had a neighbor giving away chest of drawers (cheap Wal-Mart kind but it was free).

I got a 5 month old and I go to school full time and work full time while my lady stays home with her, I do night shift with my baby girl so I get about 4 hours of sleep a night and then I'm unusually at clinicals at a hospital by 6 the next am and when I'm of there I go to work until 11. Sleep deprivation is real. But it is completely worth it. When your baby is here you will completly understand and it won't even matter that you don't sleep anymore. The hard part is keeping up with your relationship with your wife. Make sure and spend time together. Me and my old lady try to have one night a week where we go out to eat together or just run to the store by ourself, and it seems to help out quite a bit. Enjoy fatherhood it is the BEST thing In the world.

The first couple of months are by far the worse. What helps is if one of you is able or used to getting minimal sleep. After month two or three, they start to sleep more than a couple hours at a time. My daughter will be 1 this coming Sunday and during those times we couldn't even picture her turning 1. My daughter would fight and I mean FIGHT the sleep, to the point that both my wife and I dreaded bedtime because we didn't know how much of a battle we would have.

As it has been mentioned before, getting them into a routine is critical. Mom will be exhausted especially if she's breastfeeding and needs to pump every couple of hours. Now my daughter wakes up between 6:20-6:50 like clockwork. I've always been able to sleep 4-5 hours a day and feel just fine. As a result I get up with my daughter and play with her while my wife gets another 3-5 hours of sleep.

Man i refuse to beleive that babys piss and poop more then 5 times a day. I guess i will find out.

What breast pump have yall used? My girl will be breastfeeding but we need the pump also. Any reccomondations?

Babies do pee and poop 5x. If not more. Lol.

We had the Madella pump. It came with a car plug so you can use it on the go.

Do your girl a favor and get her this, it comes in clutch when you are in the car with it moving. Or your arms are tired from carrying the baby (for first time parents )

41355NQq%2BQL.jpg

Last edited:
Man i refuse to beleive that babys piss and poop more then 5 times a day. I guess i will find out.

What breast pump have yall used? My girl will be breastfeeding but we need the pump also. Any reccomondations?
It really depends what pump will fit best for her and how she wants to pump (auto or manual). Medela is a popular brand. That's what my wife put down on the registry.

It really depends what pump will fit best for her and how she wants to pump (auto or manual). Medela is a popular brand. That's what my wife put down on the registry.

Madela Pump-In-Style breast pump, it's about $200+ but worth every penny. My insurance covered my wife's or we would have splurged it ourselves.

Back
Top Bottom