NT Fishermen Unite!!! There's gotta be more.

Sup y'all?
Who else fishes? 

I live in the fishing capital of the world (Florida).

Used to go a lot more in the past but work has been hectic. I get to go every Sunday though.

I don't own my own boat but I have a couple of canoes and kayaks. 

It's a 20 minute row from my house into the Gulf of Mexico.

Infinite red fish, trout, snook, lately. Also, gonna go scalloping next weekend 
pimp.gif

Who else fishes?

Love fishing. I live in the great lake state, MI. I got like 17 fishing spots within a 2 mile radius of my house.
Never been deep sea fishing or anything.
frown.gif
one day, hopefully

Ill post some of my gear later. I'm currently pre gaming for a roger waters(pink floyd) concert.
happy.gif

I don't got no boat or anything, mostly just fish of a dock, or rent a canoe or some $*@! at some of the local lakes. Unless I'm at one of my families cabins up north, we got boats and $*@! up there.

Fyi, corn is actually pretty good bait.

^I'm in Michigan also, near the Flint area though. I have my fishing license but I haven't been in about a year, and even that was just fishing with a few friends and none of us really had a legitimate tackle box, bought some crappy rods at walmart before we left
laugh.gif
Anyone have any tips? I really want to take my girl fishing soon

Living on the coast> cheap seafood! Being from Maine, the lobster I can get makes alot of people jealous.

That's awesome you're going to see The Wall man, he is gonna be here in FL soon but I already will be out of town.
Anyway, corn huh?

I try to use live bait as much as possible. Usually will bring a cast net and use these little mullets, sometimes we will chum them (beware of sharks though). 

Or buy some shrimp. Gulps work pretty good though.

Another angler here, I already made the official thread and would love to see it posted in again. 
smile.gif
we had some cool pictures in there from some users. I'd post some but I haven't caught anything worth taking a picture of yet 
ohwell.gif

From Boston and love deep sea fishing
pimp.gif

Half and day trips on charters and friends boats

But been out in Cali last few years. Tryna make some trips of the coasts ofLB, OC and SD

ANyone got info on those?

was out at the Half Moon Bay jetty on Sunday and was able to catch 6 legal size crab, 1 rock crab, 1 undersize ling cod (released), and 3 undersize blk/yellow rockfish (released). I love going crab fishing!!! I can't catch anything in the sac/american river tho lol

Originally Posted by JordanJayyy7

Originally Posted by SoCalKid

I wish i could learn how to fish.
frown.gif
This I live in Charleston, SC!! We have the best of both worlds great salt and fresh water fishing. But I have no clue where to even start

OP, been fishing all my life since i have mad family in...you guessed it, Florida.  i'm actually heading down there on the 16th to stay at a condo my parents have in St. Pete Beach and at some point making my way to Ft. Myers to meet up with my uncle to go out on his Albemarle.  He sent a few pics of him going for Tarpon the other day.  I am quite excited.  Definitely going for some reds and snooks too 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by senor chang

was out at the Half Moon Bay jetty on Sunday and was able to catch 6 legal size crab, 1 rock crab, 1 undersize ling cod (released), and 3 undersize blk/yellow rockfish (released). I love going crab fishing!!! I can't catch anything in the sac/american river tho lol

how do u crab fish? lol

good job on throwing things back. ethical and responsible!

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

Originally Posted by senor chang

how do u crab fish? lol

good job on throwing things back. ethical and responsible!

i use homemade crab snares with 6 loops filled squid or sardines/anchovies/fish scraps or a combination of both fish and squid. Then find a sandy beach area like half moon bay or baker beach and attach the crab snare to the main line of your pole and launch out it the ocean. check out crab snare fishing or how to make crab snares on youtube. That's where i learn how to make my snares lol

i wish i knew how to fish.

im bout to go out on a quick 4 hour deep sea fishing excursion later this month out of marina del rey, ca with some of my friends. for me its more about just hanging out and drinking a ton of a beer. if i knew how to actually catch some fish it would probably make the trip that much more fun.

Fish hard every weekend. It never got cold this winter. I have a buddy who caught a striper in Jan, and a blue in Feb.

I live on the jersey shore and the fall and spring striped bass run is something epic. I have the best luck with live clams and bunker as bait.

The best thing about surf fishing is being away from everything except nature. The best stress relief I know of is surf fishing in the Atlantic. It's just you and nature.

I am jealous of all you dudes that live on the coasts... but my parents own a small cabin and farm lake right off the Platte River here in Nebraska so I get my fair share of Bass fishing and a few Bluegills and Channel Cats.  My favorite is goin up to the Northern Part of the state and hopping into a tube for some Northern Pike fishing though.  
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by TroyMcClure

That's awesome you're going to see The Wall man, he is gonna be here in FL soon but I already will be out of town.
Anyway, corn huh?

I try to use live bait as much as possible. Usually will bring a cast net and use these little mullets, sometimes we will chum them (beware of sharks though). 

Or buy some shrimp. Gulps work pretty good though.

oh man. it was AMAZING. im sure the shrooms and molly helped.
happy.gif

pimp.gif

yeah, as weird as it sounds, corn is pretty good. ive never used it for like bass, or anything like that. but ive caught cat fish, pike, karp, sun fish with it. just empty a can of corn in your spot, load up your hook and its on lol

i usually dont use live bait. ive switched to lures and jigs

i love being on the water, something so beautfuland peaceful about it, havent been in 3 years but last time caught about 25 fish

pac northwest checkin in... some of the best salmon fishing in the country. Was killin the rivers this past fall.. not to mention some of the awesome bottom fishing in the sound. Just kinda wish bass fishing was more active like the southern states.

Back
Top Bottom