NT hoopers how do you get out of a shooting slump?

fundamentally unsound? he's got the prettiest jumper in the game.. if you'd say reggie's form then yes.. even kobe's form isnt flawless and he even said so too.. i think the shots that ray is making is just skill, besides the majority of his shots have the same form each and every time

Actually Ray Allen's form is horrendous if you want to teach someone to shoot. Sure it works for him, but that goes for a lot of NBA shooters. There isn't a one mold that fits all, but the preferred form is a standard. And it's not Ray Allen's. If I was to teach my son or daughter how to shoot I'd pull up JJ Redick and Steve Nash tapes. Those are textbook shooting forms.

your form can be horrendous but itll take you more reps to get it down than someone with a sound jumper.

guys check these vids out, this coach speaks the truth, I changed my shot and applied all this guys elements. been about 2 months almost, my shot is better than it was before. the learning curve is frustrating but it works. his explanations are sound and I go by it now.

he uses clips of nba players to prove his points. It helped me get a more consistent shot. More swishes than I got before i found his vids

some myths he busted:

square feet (your feet should actually be tilted at an angle, when both shoulders face straight at the rim, your upper body is tense)
jump and land in the same spot(most nbaers actually jump forward (Sway) , melo, kyrie, kobe, etc.)
reach in the cookie jar (shooting with the index finger (kobe, mj), this makes it more likely to go straight as all you have to do is aim one finger)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom