NT, I got a red light ticket today, can i fight it? Vol. How do I not pay this?

Not exactly, how I will not pay this, but more a long the lines of "how do I get this reduced?" I got the ticket back in January and it was by a camera that I didn't notice. I received the ticket in the mail last month because I was too lazy to send it with my info (driving moms whip).
This is in cali btw. So uh, how do I get the ticket reduced? It's 480(which is ridiculous imo) and it will take me a about a month to come up with said money because my boss decided it'd be cool to not give me any hours during summer time
indifferent.gif
. Also, I don't wanna go to court, unless I have to, can I fight this through the mail lol. Thanks fellas.

Not exactly, how I will not pay this, but more a long the lines of "how do I get this reduced?" I got the ticket back in January and it was by a camera that I didn't notice. I received the ticket in the mail last month because I was too lazy to send it with my info (driving moms whip).
This is in cali btw. So uh, how do I get the ticket reduced? It's 480(which is ridiculous imo) and it will take me a about a month to come up with said money because my boss decided it'd be cool to not give me any hours during summer time
indifferent.gif
. Also, I don't wanna go to court, unless I have to, can I fight this through the mail lol. Thanks fellas.

I believe there should be an option to schedule a court date if you do want to fight the ticket. If they only sent you a citation with money and no other way to contact the court, you probably have to pay it in full.

Next time, invest in this spray that glares your plates, so if you do indeed get caught by a camera again, the camera won't be able to make out the plate because of the glare. Forgot what the stuff is called but a friend of mine has some.

I believe there should be an option to schedule a court date if you do want to fight the ticket. If they only sent you a citation with money and no other way to contact the court, you probably have to pay it in full.

Next time, invest in this spray that glares your plates, so if you do indeed get caught by a camera again, the camera won't be able to make out the plate because of the glare. Forgot what the stuff is called but a friend of mine has some.

i know you can reduce it by going to court...in norcal..i got it reduced to $367...but instead of paying it..i opted for community service as i have no extra $ but i do have time lol

$367 transfers to 37 hours of community service

i know you can reduce it by going to court...in norcal..i got it reduced to $367...but instead of paying it..i opted for community service as i have no extra $ but i do have time lol

Originally Posted by blazinRook

wait, did you plead guilty? Where was this at? Norcal here as well.
What did you have to do btw?

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

yeah i plead guilty. san mateo court...i believe san francisco court is appointment based so your going to have to 850 bryant and pick a court date...
san mateo is first come first serve during their open times of trial..

i haven't got the paperwork back yet to start the hours...so im not sure what they'll have me do..it better not be some bs lol

what county did you get caught up in?

yeah i plead guilty. san mateo court...i believe san francisco court is appointment based so your going to have to 850 bryant and pick a court date...
san mateo is first come first serve during their open times of trial..

i haven't got the paperwork back yet to start the hours...so im not sure what they'll have me do..it better not be some bs lol

what county did you get caught up in?

i got one too and went to the san mateo court. Just went in and plead guilty and they took off 100 I think. They give you a list of websites if you qualify to go to traffic school and then it get's taken off your record only if you haven't had one in 6 months I think. Something along those lines.

i got one too and went to the san mateo court. Just went in and plead guilty and they took off 100 I think. They give you a list of websites if you qualify to go to traffic school and then it get's taken off your record only if you haven't had one in 6 months I think. Something along those lines.

I got the ticket back in January and it was by a camera that I didn't notice. I received the ticket in the mail last month because I was too lazy to send it with my info (driving moms whip).
 ^ THis part I dont understand what u mean...

Well I see those cameras flashing in NYC almost eveyday when cars pass the red light. In fact even if the light is yellow and the car passes the camera will flash they are tracking down on stuff like this hard.They must be raking in thousands of dollars from people going through the red/yellow light everyday.

Anyway your mom must be pretty mad at you for getting the ticket  while dirving her car. I bet you'll never go through the yellow /red light while driving ever again for the rest of your life. $480. is a lot of money. best of luck! 

I got the ticket back in January and it was by a camera that I didn't notice. I received the ticket in the mail last month because I was too lazy to send it with my info (driving moms whip).

Well I see those cameras flashing in NYC almost eveyday when cars pass the red light. In fact even if the light is yellow and the car passes the camera will flash they are tracking down on stuff like this hard.They must be raking in thousands of dollars from people going through the red/yellow light everyday.

Anyway your mom must be pretty mad at you for getting the ticket  while dirving her car. I bet you'll never go through the yellow /red light while driving ever again for the rest of your life. $480. is a lot of money. best of luck! 

Originally Posted by hAzEee aNd sN3aKerS

yellow though? Isnt that 100% legal?

Originally Posted by hAzEee aNd sN3aKerS

yellow though? Isnt that 100% legal?

Originally Posted by Regal Black

glad they took the red light cameras down here in Houston. Never been caught by one.
Word is that they were made effective again yesterday. At least that's what I've been hearing through Twitter and word-of-mouth.
The red light camera tickets here, in Houston, were only $75. I got a few of them for not coming to a complete stop when making a right turn during a red light. I'm curious as to why OP's was +$300 though...?

Originally Posted by Regal Black

glad they took the red light cameras down here in Houston. Never been caught by one.
Word is that they were made effective again yesterday. At least that's what I've been hearing through Twitter and word-of-mouth.
The red light camera tickets here, in Houston, were only $75. I got a few of them for not coming to a complete stop when making a right turn during a red light. I'm curious as to why OP's was +$300 though...?

Originally Posted by oidreez

that is crazy. i got a ticket and it was $50

Yup my brother and dad both got tickets and they were $50 I guess this is just another reason why NY>Cali
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by oidreez

that is crazy. i got a ticket and it was $50

Yup my brother and dad both got tickets and they were $50 I guess this is just another reason why NY>Cali
laugh.gif

so you ran a red light? and you're asking for a reduction? are you an idiot or what? it was your mistake in the first place, so it is only normal you get a ticket.. just get over it and dont do it again...

Back
Top Bottom