NT I just want to know, Do you think Tiger will ever be the "old "Tiger again?

I mean, He just isn't playing good anymore(Compared to his standards).

He started 2 rounds off strong but has finished terrible. Not even in his first 2 tourneys this season but even at the end of last year.

I want to see him on top again and dominating but i don't know...

What do ya think?

I mean, He just isn't playing good anymore(Compared to his standards).

He started 2 rounds off strong but has finished terrible. Not even in his first 2 tourneys this season but even at the end of last year.

I want to see him on top again and dominating but i don't know...

What do ya think?

Will he start winning tournaments again? Probably. Will he dominate the sport like he did when he was younger? No.

Will he start winning tournaments again? Probably. Will he dominate the sport like he did when he was younger? No.

Originally Posted by JD617

Will he start winning tournaments again? Probably Definitely. Will he dominate the sport like he did when he was younger? No.
Fixed.

Originally Posted by JD617

Will he start winning tournaments again? Probably Definitely. Will he dominate the sport like he did when he was younger? No.
Fixed.

He can't be the same "old" Tiger because his demeanor is completely different.

Before, his swag and confidence were through the roof; he felt like he could do no wrong in the world and that attitude allowed him to dominate the sport. Now that he's "reformed" his attitude is just not the same and that's why I don't think he can be the same "old" Tiger, who was straight dominating everybody. I'm sure he could find a way to regain that confidence and swag, but harnessing it in a way that is healthy and not destructive might be difficult for him because that type of attitude created a monumental catastrophe. His scandal might have scarred him from thinking that way.

But hey, never know, I hope he can start to dominate again. Reasonably, I don't think he'll ever be the same.

He can't be the same "old" Tiger because his demeanor is completely different.

Before, his swag and confidence were through the roof; he felt like he could do no wrong in the world and that attitude allowed him to dominate the sport. Now that he's "reformed" his attitude is just not the same and that's why I don't think he can be the same "old" Tiger, who was straight dominating everybody. I'm sure he could find a way to regain that confidence and swag, but harnessing it in a way that is healthy and not destructive might be difficult for him because that type of attitude created a monumental catastrophe. His scandal might have scarred him from thinking that way.

But hey, never know, I hope he can start to dominate again. Reasonably, I don't think he'll ever be the same.

I posted this last summer in another thread about Tiger. Kind of long but good read.
Spoiler [+]
My good friend Michael Rosenberg wrote something last week that struck me as wrong, and I could not quite figure out why. He was writing about Tiger Woods, and it began with how sick he is of reporters asking Tiger about his personal life. I agree entirely with that. But then Michael wrote this:

I have no idea how Woods will play this week. But I do believe two things:

1. The people who write him off are dead wrong.

2. Those people are doing him a favor.

Something about this just plinked off-key for me… but I wasn’t quite sure why. At first, I thought my disagreement was with his No. 2 statement: That people who are writing off Tiger Woods are doing him a favor. I don’t see that at all.

Here’s why: I’ve long thought that Tiger Woods (unlike many great athletes) does not feed off of being UNDERESTIMATED, but quite the opposite — he feeds off of being OVERESTIMATED. He has spent his entire golfing life building up an aura of invincibility — see his name come up on the leaderboard and cower in fear. When Woods is in the lead, golfers try too hard to pull off shots that are not in their bags because they know — they KNOW — that he won’t give it up. That’s his game. Rattle them. Intimidate them. Make them fear him. I have no idea how Woods would handle being underestimated, and nobody else does, either, but I don’t think it fits him at all. Tiger Woods is a frontrunner, the best in the history of golf. Every major championship he has ever won — all 14 of them — he won from the lead. He is Goliath. He has never shown even the slightest inclination for becoming David or, anyway, I haven’t seen it. I don’t think he’s suited for a slingshot.

But the more I thought about it, the more I realized that it wasn’t Michael’s second point that rubbed me wrong. No. It was No. 1. He wrote: “The people who write him off are dead wrong.

I posted this last summer in another thread about Tiger. Kind of long but good read.
Spoiler [+]
My good friend Michael Rosenberg wrote something last week that struck me as wrong, and I could not quite figure out why. He was writing about Tiger Woods, and it began with how sick he is of reporters asking Tiger about his personal life. I agree entirely with that. But then Michael wrote this:

I have no idea how Woods will play this week. But I do believe two things:

1. The people who write him off are dead wrong.

2. Those people are doing him a favor.

Something about this just plinked off-key for me… but I wasn’t quite sure why. At first, I thought my disagreement was with his No. 2 statement: That people who are writing off Tiger Woods are doing him a favor. I don’t see that at all.

Here’s why: I’ve long thought that Tiger Woods (unlike many great athletes) does not feed off of being UNDERESTIMATED, but quite the opposite — he feeds off of being OVERESTIMATED. He has spent his entire golfing life building up an aura of invincibility — see his name come up on the leaderboard and cower in fear. When Woods is in the lead, golfers try too hard to pull off shots that are not in their bags because they know — they KNOW — that he won’t give it up. That’s his game. Rattle them. Intimidate them. Make them fear him. I have no idea how Woods would handle being underestimated, and nobody else does, either, but I don’t think it fits him at all. Tiger Woods is a frontrunner, the best in the history of golf. Every major championship he has ever won — all 14 of them — he won from the lead. He is Goliath. He has never shown even the slightest inclination for becoming David or, anyway, I haven’t seen it. I don’t think he’s suited for a slingshot.

But the more I thought about it, the more I realized that it wasn’t Michael’s second point that rubbed me wrong. No. It was No. 1. He wrote: “The people who write him off are dead wrong.

Old Tiger as in 'Tiger-Slam' Tiger? no. that only comes around once in a generation, if not lifetime.

But can he win his fair share of majors again and be the best player in the world? sure. nobody else has taken over.

Old Tiger as in 'Tiger-Slam' Tiger? no. that only comes around once in a generation, if not lifetime.

But can he win his fair share of majors again and be the best player in the world? sure. nobody else has taken over.

Can he win a bunch of tournys and break Jack's Major Record- Yes
Will he win tournys and major's by 8+ shots like he has - As much as I would like to see it, -NO. He does not have that same intimidation factor, plus the golfers around the world, are getting better and better.

Can he win a bunch of tournys and break Jack's Major Record- Yes
Will he win tournys and major's by 8+ shots like he has - As much as I would like to see it, -NO. He does not have that same intimidation factor, plus the golfers around the world, are getting better and better.

I'm starting to have my doubts, something nobody ever used to do about Tiger. 
ohwell.gif

But he has the money, and the clout to get the best of everybody in there to help him get his form right, get him working out the best way to get his game right, get sports therapists, whatever the hell he needs to get back what he was, so I would never count him out per say.  And if you are a swing doctor or therapist, whatever, who wouldn't want to work with Tiger and try to help him get back, and receive that credit for helping him?  They would earn ten fold off that rep alone. 

I'm starting to have my doubts, something nobody ever used to do about Tiger. 
ohwell.gif

But he has the money, and the clout to get the best of everybody in there to help him get his form right, get him working out the best way to get his game right, get sports therapists, whatever the hell he needs to get back what he was, so I would never count him out per say.  And if you are a swing doctor or therapist, whatever, who wouldn't want to work with Tiger and try to help him get back, and receive that credit for helping him?  They would earn ten fold off that rep alone. 

Yes. One thing we learned from the past Tiger was that he was the ultimate competitor and has that killer instinct. Those characteristics aren't unique only to an athlete in his prime.

Tiger is human and has emotions. His ego, persona, and most of all his livlihood was all messed up last year and any athlete would have a tough time with that. He'll be back. HE WILL BE BACK.

Yes. One thing we learned from the past Tiger was that he was the ultimate competitor and has that killer instinct. Those characteristics aren't unique only to an athlete in his prime.

Tiger is human and has emotions. His ego, persona, and most of all his livlihood was all messed up last year and any athlete would have a tough time with that. He'll be back. HE WILL BE BACK.

Once he starts having sex with multiple women again he'll probably be twice as dominant since he's divorced now. Unless the excitement of cheating also fueled his greatness.

Once he starts having sex with multiple women again he'll probably be twice as dominant since he's divorced now. Unless the excitement of cheating also fueled his greatness.

He needs to find himself again....

Old Tiger would've come into the final group on Sunday and shot a 65, not a 75... And it's because the dude was the baddest, most cerebral mother +##%*% in the world... He's not that right now.

Winning a major may do that... Winning in Dubai or some other minor tournament won't.

Back
Top Bottom