NT MLB Redraft Thread: May standings posted!

The simulation engine definitely takes fatigue into account. Guys with 1 catcher on their roster, good luck.

Last edited:
Yeah I wanted another bullpen arm but realized I needed another catcher. That's why I got jesus montero

I'm confident in kersh giving me 7 strong. People act like he isn't still a kid. He's gonna beast it next time it's the playoffs. He's too good.

I will probably have the worst rated team in the game but I sacrificed to go as young as I could with some potential to be fulfilled in the years to come.

Oldest player on my team are 26 & 27.

Cornerstones of my offense two infielders  with perennial all-star potential carrying 6 & 5+ WAR and an outfield with good balance offensively with plus power. 

Went with Rendon & Seager as my top picks, defensively stout with not too shabby offensive #'s. 46 HRs, 179 Ribby's, 130 & 126 wRC+

I was very happy to grab Pollock, Kiermaier & Ozuna as my outfield more for the defense than anything. Combined 28.4 dWAR, big range and power arms to cover the field.

Salvador Perez, one of if not the best defensive catcher in the game at age 24, down year offensively but expecting a bounce back moving forward.

Wanted guys with the some power to be displayed throughout the lineup. With most of my players carrying an ISO. of 186...average for the team in the 170's I felt I did a decent job in achieving that. 

I've got some atrocious K rates but I'm hoping over the years with more experience alot of the kids can get those %'s down to an average rate.

I took a couple guys I was familiar with and have some (homer/blind) faith at shortstop, room to improve on both sides. The direction I intended to take was more defensive heavy for that position with most of those guys gone, I went with who I knew.

vs. RHP                      

1. Pollock RF/R

2. Kiermaier CF/L

3. Rendon 2B/R

4. Seager 3B/L

5. Gillaspie 1B/L

6. Salvador C/R

7. Arcia DH/L

8. Ozuna LF/R

9. Miller - SS/L

vs. LHP

1. Pollock RF/R

2. Kiermaier CF/L

3. Rendon 2B/R

4. Seager 3B/L

5. Ozuna LF/R

6. Salvador C/R

7. Gillaspie 1B/L

8. Arcia DH/L

9. Miller - SS/L

Pitching was a tough grab but I'm happy overall who I was able to draft. I paid attention mostly to K's per 9 and walks, some of my guys hover around the average with more experience I'm hoping to get those #'s down at a better rate.

Lil Pedro, nasty fastball and breaking stuff. Only 23. My #1 Ace of a young rotation.

Matt Shoemaker is the old man of the rotation at 27 and a rookie himself. over 8 K's per 9 only walking 1 1/2 per. 

Elias & Wood my lefties of the bunch. Good K rates. Wood throwing mid 90's following up with a plus changeup. Elias with one of the more underrated curveballs in the game.

Went prospect with my #5 starter with top end rotation potential in Snydergaard.

Rotation.

1. Ventura

2. Shoemaker

3. Wood

4. Elias

5. Snydergaard.

Bullpen

Closer: Boxberger

SU: Diekman

SU: Quackenbush

Rest of the bullpen MRP/LRP

Leone

Smith

Morin

Medina

Bench:

Taylor/Miller - SS

Herrera - 2B/IF

Nieuwenhuis - OF

JR Murphy - C

S/O to @ChampCruThik

I really enjoy reading everything you write on these forums fam, the knowledge you have is amazing. 

i got a laugh out of the NHL thread yesterday from you 
Much respect. Appreciate the kinds words, it's heartfelt. The feeling is mutual.

Workload increasing with elections, but promise to at least check-in here.

elpablo21 elpablo21 :
I believe you have the best defensive OF in the redraft. captainsneakerhead23 captainsneakerhead23 challenges you closely on the strength of Gordon and "J-Hey Kid," but his third OF (Young or Morse) isn't as defensively stout as the weakest in your trio. Personally, Ozuna hurts for me the most. Cannon for an arm, saw it on full display vs. Mets time and time again. Free swinger, but substantial power in his bat. Only 23-years-old. I shared your enthusiasm for youth, I believe this redraft goes beyond one year of simulation based on participation and overall excitement from the 30 regular NT'ers involved.

Rendon was likely the Nats' MVP this season, picking up the slack Bryce Harper dropped in the regular season. Transforming into a great hitter, no slouch with the glove either. I do take issue with Salvador Perez being called perhaps the best defensive catcher in baseball. That title still belongs to Yadi, IMO.

K's galore with "Baby Pedro" as your ace. Threw a heck of a Game 2 to bounce back from a tough situation in the play-in game vs. Athletics. "Ace" Ventura and Alex Wood both 23, you clearly went for upside #1 and #2 in your rotation. Shoemaker is a solid middle of the rotation guy, he pitched well enough to win G2 against Yordano. "Thor" is the catalyst. At minimum, he's a #3 in your rotation looking forward. Terry was raving about his curve, to compliment the electric FB and imposing physical stature.

jewbacca2 jewbacca2 :
I'm actively trying to cheat the system with the simulation not accurately accounting for catcher fatigue. I consulted both P proshares and be easy be easy while deciding on utilizing a roster spot on a backup C. Again, got greedy with arms which left only two bench spots for hitters minus the DH. From a real-life perspective, which is absolutely integral to the redraft evaluation process, it makes little to no sense not to carry a backup C.

jewbacca2 jewbacca2 :
We implemented the same strategy to prioritize pitching with our first 5 selections. You may have the best rotation in the league, still mulling it over and considering P proshares ' staff and my own. If we're analyzing from a real-life lens, I do worry about Sale's throwing motion and opportunity for injury. Also age, Lee is 36 and "Kuma" 33. I know you disregarded age in your initial post, but it's plausible this redraft goes beyond a singular year if dominoes fall into place.

It's clear you placed a high level of importance on value, offensively. "Crush," Choo, Bourn, etc. Your offense won't be a world-beater, but the arms will carry you. Davis is your premium power bat, plus Matt Holliday hitting in front or behind "Crush."

You did well with "Chooch," a defensively-minded veteran who has vast playoff experience and calls great games behind the plate.

Very curious to see how your staff matches with the other elites in the simulation.

@FinallyFamous:
Wish you saw the process through, but understand you're busy and work comes first.

Very good offense at the expense of some pitching. Martinez was an AL MVP candidate this year with his timely hitting for Detroit. Kipnis' decline in power was alarming, but hoping he bounces back offensively as an Indians fan. Chisenhall is a poor defensive player at the hot corner, but Aybar somewhat atones for that with his Gold Glove-caliber defense. "Cutch" and Cespedes form a nice punch in the OF. Curious if you gave Stanton any pause over McCutchen. Matt Joyce can't hit lefties unfortunately.

Pitching wise, the knuckle-baller posted another solid season in Toronto. Decreasing HR and ER allowed from 2013. Lohse has produced 3-4 strong pitching seasons in a row in STL and now Milwaukee. But he is 36, and Dickey 39.

@SLP Product:
Very timely with your selections while juggling work and family life. Kudos. Got your ace in R1, one of the best LHP in baseball despite struggling in Detroit and historically in the postseason. Quintana, another lefty, has been a good source of K's the last two seasons. Chavez transitioned to a starter well in deputy duty, although fizzling out second-half and Oakland limiting innings. 25 wins for Kazmir the last two seasons, not too shabby for a #5 and yet another lefty.

Moss, Werth and McCann anchor your lineup. Moss wasn't the same hitter without Cespedes, but he's still a valuable bat in the middle of the order. Same goes for McCann, although his power numbers are diminishing, even in the Bronx. Still brings toughness and leadership. Werth's slugging may be down at 35, but he gets on base at a near .400 clip.

Embarrassment of defensive work at SS with Hardy and Escobar as a defensive substitution.

DeadsetAce DeadsetAce :
Similar to @madj55, you have a sneakily good rotation. I'd like to see "Stras" maintain more mental composure as he ages, but a true ace. Archer can surely handle the #2, he pitched pretty well when he and Cobb were bumped up in the rotation post-Price trade. Garza's a stellar middle of the rotation guy. Somehow still 30-years-old, good years of service in Tampa. Buchholz is wildly inconsistent. Is he the pitcher from 2010 and 2013, or 2012 and 2014? Nova is capable of double-digit wins at the back-end if he recovers from surgery properly.

Axford has former closer experience. Alburquerque throwing gas leading into Koji. Uehara has pinpoint accuracy, just impeccable command. Splitter baffles hitters.

"Harp" along with "Waino" one of the best picks in R2. Castillo's defense is above-average in center, much better than my own Tomas selection. Arenado will mash, bright ceiling. "X" tore the lid off the baseball in September, coming into his own as a major league player.

Back
Top Bottom