NT MLB Redraft Thread: May standings posted!

I've never had a drop of coffee in my entire life. Likely never will either.

And no to papers, sadly. I remember a time where reading the Sports section was the best part of my mornings, but the paper industry is dead as can be. :lol:

I usually jump thru my phone for a few when I first get up, see if anything big went down, etc and go from there.

I'm usually at work at 6:30 smh. Luckily i have the next two weeks off before the next school year starts up.
Let's get this round down tonight :pimp:

Pfft, by 6AM I'm already on the train to work.

I have 651's pick.
I'll stop complaining right there. Although I do get the drawback of overnights. Last week, did 20 hours of work in one day.

I've never had a drop of coffee in my entire life. Likely never will either.

And no to papers, sadly. I remember a time where reading the Sports section was the best part of my mornings, but the paper industry is dead as can be. :lol:

I usually jump thru my phone for a few when I first get up, see if anything big went down, etc and go from there.
Mind-boggling. I couldn't get by without Starbucks. FTR, brewed at home. Not the hipster-type who spend $10 a day on White Mochas and Caramel Macchiatos.

I'm usually at work at 6:30 smh. Luckily i have the next two weeks off before the next school year starts up.
Let's get this round down tonight :pimp:
Know the feeling of early mornings well. Used to open the gym at 4:30 AM (Equinox) not too long ago.

Geez some of you get up away too early.
I'm up at 7 and at work by 8.

Sad part is that I prob spend a good 3-4 hours just slacking off or on the web |I

^ Oh, I'm up that early because I like to hit the gym before work :lol: there's nothing I loathe more than the gym crowd after work. So I get there around 6:30 and it's only about two blocks away from my job. I'm at my desk at 8:15 or so.

It's rare I meet someone who doesn't drink coffee. I definitely thought CP was keeping the paper alive :lol:

^ Pro: Smart thinking. When I save the gym for after work, I often don't get to my workouts at all. Fatigue, laziness, other plans.

How many years are we simulating this for? All top 50 prospects are about to be gone by the 8th round. :lol: :smh:

As many as y'all want :lol: I'll be able to find a roster online that has created all of the prospects and just insert them where I need to and they'll be on the team just like that.

As many as y'all want :lol: I'll be able to find a roster online that has created all of the prospects and just insert them where I need to and they'll be on the team just like that.
Thanks for doing the simulation, Pro. Definitely puts more long-term stock into the young arms I selected.

Edit: Prime example is battling between Wacha and Cole compared to Latos and Ryu. Even a few years mattered to me, I over-analyzed the situation for sure.

Last edited:
I just did a season breakdown of what Kluber, Richards, and Arrieta have given me this year.

Let's just say that I shouldn't stand up for a few minutes, would be an HR violation. :lol:

32 Wins
14 Losses
463 INN
361 Hits
129 Earned Runs
119 Walks
483 K’s
1.03 WHIP
2.50 ERA
13.5 WAR

:pimp:

You guys are morning people. I've been working graveyards since 2009 and just recently switched to the PM shift back in March or May. I don't remember. :lol:

I used to work at a cafe/bakery in 2007 and my shift would start at 5am. It was great getting off work early because I could still do errands, but absolutely hated waking up. I would get to work and immediately take 2 shots of espresso. I lasted 9 months. :lol:

Last edited:
add me to the no coffee crowd. caffeine doesn't do a damn thing for me in terms of waking me up and the taste of coffee doesn't do it for me, unless we're talking half coffee, half milk and six packets of sugar. that tastes good.

:lol: I wouldn't even consider myself a morning person. I have that face on the train and at the gym where no one would approach me and ask if they can take the seat next to me or how many sets I have left :lol:

I just don't need that much sleep to keep functioning, so waking up at 5 even with going to bed at 12 or 1 doesn't really bother me. Goes back to my last couple years of HS and first year of college. I worked nights in HS at my first job and then nights doing security on Wall Street in college. I never slept.

Back
Top Bottom