NT, my little cousin is going to college

Man OP same thing happened with an ex of mine and let me say that if she has her mind set up on what she wants to do, it's a wrap. The only positive thing is that you're in the same school, instead of a 5+ drive away like I was. In any case, it's not realistic or appropriate to stop her from dating either, she's has that right as an independent adult to do so. Your job then is to make sure she's in a safe relationship with a good mate and she's happy, but that's about it. 

My cousin starting Penn State in the fall. I'll be finishing up my senior year. Thank God he's a guy and I can teach him to extract da yambs.

You could try to stress the importance of school on her and she could easily shrug it off. The only thing to make her realize it for sure is for her to experience a setback and subsequent wake-up call or to experience success and realize that kind of effort is always necessary to succeed academically.

Talking to her about it is a good move, but ultimately how seriously she takes your advice and her studies is up to her. If there's one thing you should mention it's about getting off on the right foot her first semester. Some people dig themselves into a hole that can be tough to get out of that first semester and so finding the right balance of time management early is key.

Also let her know that you're there if she needs some advice or just someone to talk to while she's at school.

Last edited:
But OP, when you talk to her, I think you should emphasize that you trust her and you know she's going to do good. Let her know if she ever needs help with anything, you're there for her, and actually be there for her.

But OP, when you talk to her, I think you should emphasize that you trust her and you know she's going to do good. Let her know if she ever needs help with anything, you're there for her, and actually be there for her.

Appreciate that thought fam. I probably wouldn't have mentioned anything about that and would have just came across as another adult trying to lecture her. Repped, fam.

Back
Top Bottom