#NT Pit Bull Owners...what's hood?

I'm still waiting on my papers
smh.gif

But my boo boo is American Pit Bull Terrier....my homie across the street was playing with him and noticed my pup was kinda nipping/trying to bite back. He was like "hmmmm, he must come from a fighting family cuz normall blues don't do that?"

Is that true? I have noticed that while my puppy is a sweet heart, when he "plays" with his toys...he don't look like he be playing. He almost looks like he is attacking the toys. When he is laying on me, he nibbles (I heard this is common for pups, they are teething, but when I say no he will start hard core licking me) But when he is playing, he ragdolls ALOT and barks at bottles
laugh.gif
Should I be worried??

smh.gif

But my boo boo is American Pit Bull Terrier....my homie across the street was playing with him and noticed my pup was kinda nipping/trying to bite back. He was like "hmmmm, he must come from a fighting family cuz normall blues don't do that?"

Is that true? I have noticed that while my puppy is a sweet heart, when he "plays" with his toys...he don't look like he be playing. He almost looks like he is attacking the toys. When he is laying on me, he nibbles (I heard this is common for pups, they are teething, but when I say no he will start hard core licking me) But when he is playing, he ragdolls ALOT and barks at bottles
laugh.gif
Should I be worried??

Originally Posted by GatorBeltsNPattieMelts

smh.gif

laugh.gif
Should I be worried??
No, that can be mad different things. It's rare that a dog inherits any aggression or anything. Your dog could just be extra playful, my pit is always trying to nip. It can also be if they were taken away from their mother at a young age, their mother teaches them not to nip and to be easy, if you take them away too early they never learn that and don't know any better. I think they're not suppose to leave their mother until 8 weeks. It's a very vital time for the puppy. 

smh.gif

laugh.gif
Should I be worried??
No, that can be mad different things. It's rare that a dog inherits any aggression or anything. Your dog could just be extra playful, my pit is always trying to nip. It can also be if they were taken away from their mother at a young age, their mother teaches them not to nip and to be easy, if you take them away too early they never learn that and don't know any better. I think they're not suppose to leave their mother until 8 weeks. It's a very vital time for the puppy. 

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

smh.gif

laugh.gif
Should I be worried??

dam
laugh.gif
I picked up lil' man when he was like 6 weeks
frown.gif
I wish the lady had told me that though, cuz I would've gladly waited
alien.gif
.  I mean, I tell him "no!" but he stops, then may go back to doing it.  He does to me, but more so just like puts his mouth around my hand, not necessarily bites down. My ignorant #+% neighbor just plays with him more and bites back....what a dummy. I think I'mma just let Samba stop playing with him altogether, cuz he teaching him that nipping/biting is ok and it's just playing and people won't mind.  He nipped my neighbors daughter and sent her in the house crying....I felt TERRIBLE because she loves playing with him and I know he didn't mean it. Now she prolly not gonna wanna play with him again ever. 

smh.gif

laugh.gif
Should I be worried??

dam
laugh.gif
frown.gif
alien.gif
.  I mean, I tell him "no!" but he stops, then may go back to doing it.  He does to me, but more so just like puts his mouth around my hand, not necessarily bites down. My ignorant #+% neighbor just plays with him more and bites back....what a dummy. I think I'mma just let Samba stop playing with him altogether, cuz he teaching him that nipping/biting is ok and it's just playing and people won't mind.  He nipped my neighbors daughter and sent her in the house crying....I felt TERRIBLE because she loves playing with him and I know he didn't mean it. Now she prolly not gonna wanna play with him again ever. 

It's a shame what "Pit Bulls" have become and how bad their image is. I tell people I have a Pit Bull and they look at me crazy or they ask if I have pups for sale, like come on son. The whole ear cropping is horrible. There is no reason for it. It started a long time ago when they started fighting the breed. Two reasons, 1. It's a very sensitive area and during fights it will bleed an enormous amount which can weaken or kill the dog. 2. It's harder to pull the dog off when it's on the ear. There is no purpose, you don't have to do it for shows or anything. People do it for the tough look or because they're fighting their dogs. Their ears are very sensitive and are suppose to be left alone. It's cruel and unnecessary. With that said, I have my own Pit that just turned three a few weeks ago. I've had her since she was three months. 
1s13sz.jpg

16j1nro.jpg

It's a shame what "Pit Bulls" have become and how bad their image is. I tell people I have a Pit Bull and they look at me crazy or they ask if I have pups for sale, like come on son. The whole ear cropping is horrible. There is no reason for it. It started a long time ago when they started fighting the breed. Two reasons, 1. It's a very sensitive area and during fights it will bleed an enormous amount which can weaken or kill the dog. 2. It's harder to pull the dog off when it's on the ear. There is no purpose, you don't have to do it for shows or anything. People do it for the tough look or because they're fighting their dogs. Their ears are very sensitive and are suppose to be left alone. It's cruel and unnecessary. With that said, I have my own Pit that just turned three a few weeks ago. I've had her since she was three months. 
1s13sz.jpg

16j1nro.jpg

smh.gif

laugh.gif
Should I be worried??

dam
laugh.gif
frown.gif
alien.gif

Nah, socialize your dog as much as possible. Let him play with whomever as much as you can. They're very loving dogs and love to play, mad energy. The nipping thing is hard to break, they're not trying to bite or hurt you, they're just playing and they also don't know the strength the hold yet. Most breeders or people selling the dogs don't care, they just want to get rid of the dog as soon as possible. As for your neighbor, she'll forget and want to play a day or two later, my pit has jumped and nipped my little cousins plenty of times. She doesn't mean to do it, just gets excited and wants to play but doesn't realize her strength. Have fun raising your little man, it's A LOT of work but it's worth it son

smh.gif

laugh.gif
Should I be worried??

dam
laugh.gif
frown.gif
alien.gif

Nah, socialize your dog as much as possible. Let him play with whomever as much as you can. They're very loving dogs and love to play, mad energy. The nipping thing is hard to break, they're not trying to bite or hurt you, they're just playing and they also don't know the strength the hold yet. Most breeders or people selling the dogs don't care, they just want to get rid of the dog as soon as possible. As for your neighbor, she'll forget and want to play a day or two later, my pit has jumped and nipped my little cousins plenty of times. She doesn't mean to do it, just gets excited and wants to play but doesn't realize her strength. Have fun raising your little man, it's A LOT of work but it's worth it son

I have a Black Lab Pit-Bull mix and I love her to death. When she was a pup she was pretty bad and she would try to attack me and tear stuff up in the house but now she's great and extremely well behaved. I'm also at my cousins now who has a PitBull and he is probably the best trained and nicest dog I have ever met, it's amazing. When I get a dog it's going to be either a Pit or a Rottweiler for sure.

I have a Black Lab Pit-Bull mix and I love her to death. When she was a pup she was pretty bad and she would try to attack me and tear stuff up in the house but now she's great and extremely well behaved. I'm also at my cousins now who has a PitBull and he is probably the best trained and nicest dog I have ever met, it's amazing. When I get a dog it's going to be either a Pit or a Rottweiler for sure.

Originally Posted by bwood056

Originally Posted by Cicero Avenue Dopeman

Originally Posted by JsindaA

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

i still dont get the chopping off the ears thing

Well it serves no purpose unless you fight the dog.

yea dogs ears are sensitive so alot of pain is administered through ear bites, so clip the ears making them less vulnerable

sounds stupid.. when u show the dog you HAVE to have the dogs ears cut. watch any of the shows, even schnauzers , dobermans, boxers, ect. i DO NOT like dog fighting one bit. so if u were to see me walking my dogs, and automatically thought since their ears are cut that i fight them, ur stupid.
Damn someone got to it before me. First of all I never said I thought since a pits ears were cropped the owner fights them so get your panties out of a bunch. Secondly you do not HAVE to have their ears cropped. Finally as someone already pointed out cropping is for nothing other than cosmetic or fighting. Relax

Originally Posted by bwood056

Originally Posted by Cicero Avenue Dopeman

Originally Posted by JsindaA

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

i still dont get the chopping off the ears thing

Well it serves no purpose unless you fight the dog.

yea dogs ears are sensitive so alot of pain is administered through ear bites, so clip the ears making them less vulnerable

sounds stupid.. when u show the dog you HAVE to have the dogs ears cut. watch any of the shows, even schnauzers , dobermans, boxers, ect. i DO NOT like dog fighting one bit. so if u were to see me walking my dogs, and automatically thought since their ears are cut that i fight them, ur stupid.
Damn someone got to it before me. First of all I never said I thought since a pits ears were cropped the owner fights them so get your panties out of a bunch. Secondly you do not HAVE to have their ears cropped. Finally as someone already pointed out cropping is for nothing other than cosmetic or fighting. Relax

smh.gif

laugh.gif
Should I be worried??

dam
laugh.gif
frown.gif
alien.gif

yea...I'll put him up though until she is like she wants to play with him again. I have this bitter apple stuff, so next time I'll spray it on her hands. I had my nephew give him a treat and now he LOVES him. Samba doesn't really try and nip him any more. Next time I'll have her give him treats first...I read that and it actually kinda works.  But yea, I heard about the socializing...kinda hard cuz I don't have a lot of kids on my block. And my neighbors are hood as hail so they be tryna rough house and hold they hand out and entice him to try and bite/nip
indifferent.gif

smh.gif

laugh.gif
Should I be worried??

dam
laugh.gif
frown.gif
alien.gif

yea...I'll put him up though until she is like she wants to play with him again. I have this bitter apple stuff, so next time I'll spray it on her hands. I had my nephew give him a treat and now he LOVES him. Samba doesn't really try and nip him any more. Next time I'll have her give him treats first...I read that and it actually kinda works.  But yea, I heard about the socializing...kinda hard cuz I don't have a lot of kids on my block. And my neighbors are hood as hail so they be tryna rough house and hold they hand out and entice him to try and bite/nip
indifferent.gif

Ok, so obviously there are lots of negative stereotypes about pit bulls. But nearly as often I see people saying "No man pits are great dogs, the best dogs, you just have to work at it and they're fine". I've never really seen anyone say what it is that makes them so great that they're better than other breeds of dogs, if you have to put in more work than you would with a another breed to get them to that point.

Ok, so obviously there are lots of negative stereotypes about pit bulls. But nearly as often I see people saying "No man pits are great dogs, the best dogs, you just have to work at it and they're fine". I've never really seen anyone say what it is that makes them so great that they're better than other breeds of dogs, if you have to put in more work than you would with a another breed to get them to that point.

Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

You have to do that with all dogs. I don't know why you hear that a lot. I just always expose my dog to everything just so it's used to those situations.

Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

You have to do that with all dogs. I don't know why you hear that a lot. I just always expose my dog to everything just so it's used to those situations.

Back
Top Bottom