#NT Pit Bull Owners...what's hood?

Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

Ok, so obviously there are lots of negative stereotypes about pit bulls. But nearly as often I see people saying "No man pits are great dogs, the best dogs, you just have to work at it and they're fine". I've never really seen anyone say what it is that makes them so great that they're better than other breeds of dogs, if you have to put in more work than you would with a another breed to get them to that point.

You don't have to put it "more" work with this breed, it's the same work as the other breeds. What makes them great is that they're very loyal and eager to please. They used to be called "nanny" dogs for a reason. Before people started fighting them they were often found in nursing homes and senior citizen spots because of how sweet and loving they are.

Ok, so obviously there are lots of negative stereotypes about pit bulls. But nearly as often I see people saying "No man pits are great dogs, the best dogs, you just have to work at it and they're fine". I've never really seen anyone say what it is that makes them so great that they're better than other breeds of dogs, if you have to put in more work than you would with a another breed to get them to that point.

You don't have to put it "more" work with this breed, it's the same work as the other breeds. What makes them great is that they're very loyal and eager to please. They used to be called "nanny" dogs for a reason. Before people started fighting them they were often found in nursing homes and senior citizen spots because of how sweet and loving they are.

TOO BAD PITBULLS ARE ILLEGAL IN DADE-COUNTY
laugh.gif

THESE MONSTERS EAT BABIES!

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

Dude, do your homework. They were fought long before beinq.used as therapy dogs. Almost any dog could be used for therapy, and pits are one of the last choices for that.

Dude, do your homework. They were fought long before beinq.used as therapy dogs. Almost any dog could be used for therapy, and pits are one of the last choices for that.

5734n.jpg

Snickers-Pit Mix, Marley-Pit/Pointer, Baby-Full Pit, King-Pit/Lab

l_07dcd2b543584cac8a52321680ad60ca.jpg

Baby

l_fd397b19c4dc4387822cd932e966420f.jpg

Michael-Not a pit haha, Baby, Marley

l_5551f252b2da4fc287cd7d6d5d0aacee.jpg

My boy Rick with Baby and Marley

5734n.jpg

Snickers-Pit Mix, Marley-Pit/Pointer, Baby-Full Pit, King-Pit/Lab

l_07dcd2b543584cac8a52321680ad60ca.jpg

Baby

l_fd397b19c4dc4387822cd932e966420f.jpg

Michael-Not a pit haha, Baby, Marley

l_5551f252b2da4fc287cd7d6d5d0aacee.jpg

My boy Rick with Baby and Marley

great looking dogs!!

Truth be told, I'm from where I'm from and I saw rotts and pits---I've always wanted either one of the two just because. Growing up, the most profound impact I had however was my brother's grandmother and her pit Angel. The sweetest, friendliest dog, EVER. I remember thinking "she's a pit...and she's friendly, why everybody be trippin'?" From that point on, I wanted a pit. The only thing that changed is I switched from wanting a girl to a boy.

Here's a pic I just took of him,
28s5uhg.jpg

ain't he cute, gur???
happy.gif

great looking dogs!!

Truth be told, I'm from where I'm from and I saw rotts and pits---I've always wanted either one of the two just because. Growing up, the most profound impact I had however was my brother's grandmother and her pit Angel. The sweetest, friendliest dog, EVER. I remember thinking "she's a pit...and she's friendly, why everybody be trippin'?" From that point on, I wanted a pit. The only thing that changed is I switched from wanting a girl to a boy.

Here's a pic I just took of him,
28s5uhg.jpg

ain't he cute, gur???
happy.gif

Originally Posted by IICEMAN83

You're right, I missed typed what I was saying. Obviously any dog can be used for that BUT you gonna sit here and tell me all dogs once had the nickname of "the nanny" dog? I think they were using them in the early 1900's for the nursing home, they were fighting them over centuries ago. 

Originally Posted by IICEMAN83

You're right, I missed typed what I was saying. Obviously any dog can be used for that BUT you gonna sit here and tell me all dogs once had the nickname of "the nanny" dog? I think they were using them in the early 1900's for the nursing home, they were fighting them over centuries ago. 

Back
Top Bottom