NT School Me on: Air Jordan XVII 17 White Lightening

they low top XVII i had a pair of these a while back, but these dont need its own thread... lock

Originally Posted by NJstress03

Originally Posted by LLTOOLEJ

haha look at ashton kutcher in the background

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

@kelso

Well first off looks like you didn't go to school because you can't spell lightning right haha and second I loved that moment all star game everyonewas goin nuts and mj bricks it

Originally Posted by NJstress03

Originally Posted by NewEra22

Originally Posted by 703FlipFiend

MJ missed it
laugh.gif

jordan_all_star_miss.jpg
see whats funny here is the players on the bench are like "oh his airness is taking fffffli-------oh."

word, i guess these can be known as the "undefining moments"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
lol...JB will probably make a pack out of these now!

sidenote: is that domenique "windmill king" wilkins sitting top left 2nd from the top?

Originally Posted by elpurepecha

^^^^at least it maks a nice poster.
laugh.gif
^^^^
funny thing is, SLAM had the audacity to make that the poster in the issue that came out right after that all star game.
indifferent.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Wooly11

The word "rare" can mean different things in this culture. Definition varies depending is one is true, or a hype-beast(teenagers)

Just cuz your a teenager doesnt mean your a hypebeast
HATER!!!!

For some reason, I do not remember these as being "rare".

In fact, I don't remember any XVIIs being in that much demand (they were also priced ridiculously). Most models went on sale or hit the outlets.

XVIs were much more popular upon release, especially in the blk/red and white/navy cw.

Beautiful shoe...sold my NDS pair for only $130 shipped after putting them on NT and eventually eBay.

I remember I had to go to the military base just to get these shoes.

JR5

I always wanted a pair but knew nothing about them when they dropped. That's when I first found out about urban accounts.

There was a helluva lot of hype on these. I was stressing out over having to get a friend stateside to order for me in the middle of the night. I was worried Iwould miss out in the rush. It turned out there were a lot more than expected and they weren't hard to get a hold of.

I was watching the All-Star game at a bar in SF international airport when MJ blew that dunk. It was the bookend to a trip where I was watching him playSacramento in the same bar a week earlier. It was my first trip to the US and both times it was a co-incidence that I was waiting for a flight and he wasplaying. As a big fan of MJ from Australia, where NBA was no longer on free to air TV, I counted myself very lucky.

The ironic thing about that trip was that shoes in the US were really expensive. The Aussie dollar was worth about 50c US at the time, the lowest value indecades. But despite the drop in the value Nike hadn't increased shoe prices in Australia. They pegged the Jordans at AU$240. The Jordan 9 retros were outat US$150 but I bought them at US$120 in Australia. For 10 years I had dreamed of buying shoes on a trip to the USA where it would be much cheaper thanAustralia but for that brief window of a few months, when I had to go for a wedding, it was the other way around. Clothing was hella cheap though.

On another note, I've never got as many compliments on any shoes as I have when wearing the lightnings. Lot of ladies think they are very classy.Surprisingly, girls really seem to like my black/royal 18s too. Weird.

Originally Posted by jae oh en

these will forever be burned in my mind as the shoes MJ bricked a wide open fast break dunk in.

do not want.

YESS!!!! IM GLAD IM NOT THE ONLY ONE!!!

Originally Posted by lovemy23kicks

these will forever be burned in my mind as the shoes MJ bricked a wide open fast break dunk in.

do not want.

YESS!!!! IM GLAD IM NOT THE ONLY ONE!!!
very true.. that thing rocketed back to half court

do not want.

Beat me to it...LOL.

Honestly, they are the nicest XVII's in my opinion. Mad cool because it has a contrast Jumpman you can see in the translucent sole.

To each their own.

There is a pair on eBay right now for me... I should tell myfitteds 2 make a hat for these. A Chicago Bulls New Era in the colors of this shoe would be fire.

Originally Posted by Air Elijah

There was a helluva lot of hype on these. I was stressing out over having to get a friend stateside to order for me in the middle of the night. I was worried I would miss out in the rush. It turned out there were a lot more than expected and they weren't hard to get a hold of.

I was watching the All-Star game at a bar in SF international airport when MJ blew that dunk. It was the bookend to a trip where I was watching him play Sacramento in the same bar a week earlier. It was my first trip to the US and both times it was a co-incidence that I was waiting for a flight and he was playing. As a big fan of MJ from Australia, where NBA was no longer on free to air TV, I counted myself very lucky.

The ironic thing about that trip was that shoes in the US were really expensive. The Aussie dollar was worth about 50c US at the time, the lowest value in decades. But despite the drop in the value Nike hadn't increased shoe prices in Australia. They pegged the Jordans at AU$240. The Jordan 9 retros were out at US$150 but I bought them at US$120 in Australia. For 10 years I had dreamed of buying shoes on a trip to the USA where it would be much cheaper than Australia but for that brief window of a few months, when I had to go for a wedding, it was the other way around. Clothing was hella cheap though.

On another note, I've never got as many compliments on any shoes as I have when wearing the lightnings. Lot of ladies think they are very classy. Surprisingly, girls really seem to like my black/royal 18s too. Weird.

This is true. I do get a lot of compliments from ladies, and especially older women, when wearing the Lightnings.

The poster I have looks
pimp.gif
but what really happened was
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom