NT school me on Seattle. Pics

I have the opportunity move out there, but I've never been. What's it like? Is it expensive? Is it true it's rainy ALL the time? What is the racial make up? Would you recommend moving there?
School me NT. 8)

Video unrelated

dude i went there once, it definitely has a cool vibe to it and the people are friendly

the worst part is all the homeless people are everywhere

Rent and housing is pretty expensive

I'd say the racial makeup is really diverse, all my friends look different

It rains a good amount but I personally love it and the summers make up for it

:pimp: is legal

the worst part is all the homeless people are everywhere

is that just Downtown?

There's a part of Vancouver, Canada that's mainly homeless people territory. It's like one of the worst homeless population areas in Canada

CenturyLink Field right by the pier is beautiful. When its sunny

is that just Downtown?

There's a part of Vancouver, Canada that's mainly homeless people territory. It's like one of the worst homeless population areas in Canada

CenturyLink Field right by the pier is beautiful. When its sunny
No, it's spread throughout the city. Chinatown, however, is homeless central.
Cost of living here is pretty damn expensive... The city itself is pretty diverse, but it's also segregated. There are a bunch of different people that live here, but when you go to Downtown, you'll see what I mean when I say it's segregated. It doesn't rain ALL the time. There are just a lot of cloudy days. Summers are all sunshine, however.

It doesn't rain all the time (during part of the year it will be overcast a fair bit though) and we get all 4 seasons. Summer in Seattle >>>>>* People are friendly, the population is diverse, the City and its natural surrounding are beautiful, food is great, the local economy is good, there is alot of big businesses here. Hmm what am I leaving out?

Seattle is the perfect place to start a family imo. This sentiment was reiterated from people who've come to visit with my friends who've moved away for work when they come home (those visitors were from NY and the bay too).

Come visit I'll bet you'll like it.

It doesn't rain all the time (during part of the year it will be overcast a fair bit though) and we get all 4 seasons. Summer in Seattle >>>>>* People are friendly, the population is diverse, the City and its natural surrounding are beautiful, food is great, the local economy is good, there is alot of big businesses here. Hmm what am I leaving out?

Seattle is the perfect place to start a family imo. This sentiment was reiterated from people who've come to visit with my friends who've moved away for work when they come home (those visitors were from NY and the bay too).

Come visit I'll bet you'll like it.

Repped. Definitely going to look into taking a visit out there in the near future. Hopefully I can land a gig after I graduate.

Best of luck with the rest of school and the job hunt man! The rest of the Seattle/Washington NTers would welcome you with open arms.....Well actually as long as you're not a 49ers fan.

I realized I forgot one of the most important draws of Seattle......

85ab0487c4c038a5_IMG_1053.preview.JPG

The Seattle dog. A hotdog with cream cheese and grilled onions. Words cant express how amazing these are after going out drinking. Throw some sriracha on there and a line of ketchup and you're on cloud nine. :smokin

As some others have mentioned, its a great place to settle down and raise kids. I lived here all my life (I'm 24) and I'm actually moving to LA next month for a couple of years. Seattle is awesome, but its very small and has its disadvantages depending on what career you're pursuing. Lot of corporate opportunities though if you're looking to get into that. Weather is kinda a downside. It's grey/drizzly about 10 months out of the year and it kinda gets old after awhile. The summers are absolutely beautiful and theres a lot of out door activities and events to take part in. I can definitely see why it gets a lot of interest as far as people wanting to move here.

It doesn't rain that much. It is VERY grey for about nine months out of the year, though. Most rain isn't much worse than a drizzle though. (I will say that this summer has been one of the best since I can remember. Two days of intense rain, and that's it. Rare around here)

If you're single, Seattle sucks. Everyone is stuck up and kind of introverted. Also, a lot of people either THINK they're a big fish in a small pond, or, if they are a big fish in a small pond, THINK that makes them coolest person on the planet. I'm over everyone here.

As for diversity, Seattle is segregated. Sorry, it's the damn truth. There are tons of nationalities, and there are plenty of places to go experience those cultures (mostly with cuisine), but everybody has their own little area. Hell, even Scandanavians still stick to Ballard lol.

Speaking of food, Seattle is one of the best food cities in the world. No lie. Seafood is on par with anywhere else, and that includes sushi.

Cost of living is crazy now. The housing market has rebounded. Rents are soaring, mainly because of all this corporate housing. A lot of apartments being built that are essentially corporate housing for Amazon.

I'm slowly forgiving Seattle for trying to steal the Kings.

Bring back the Sonics

If you're single, Seattle sucks. Everyone is stuck up and kind of introverted. Also, a lot of people either THINK they're a big fish in a small pond, or, if they are a big fish in a small pond, THINK that makes them coolest person on the planet. I'm over everyone here.

any other seattle residents attest to this

Rent and housing is pretty expensive

I'd say the racial makeup is really diverse, all my friends look different

It rains a good amount but I personally love it and the summers make up for it

:pimp: is legal

How about in Tacoma? Is it hood over there? And what would you consider to be expensive? in Houston I was paying for about $800 for 700 sq ft. hardwood floor, washer/dryer, stainless steel appliances, granite countertops in a cool area of town closeby to everything.

How about in Tacoma? Is it hood over there? And what would you consider to be expensive? in Houston I was paying for about $800 for 700 sq ft. hardwood floor, washer/dryer, stainless steel appliances, granite countertops in a cool area of town closeby to everything.
It's more rednecky than anything. I would say expect to pay in the least 4 digits for a decent place in a decent area.
Yes, the part about single people is true.

Back
Top Bottom