NT: Staying Positive Thread Vol. Good Vibes

Passed my series 6 (investments) exam today after 3 long weeks of studying. Sun was shining and I so badly wanted to have a bbq but all friends out of town. Oh well..Today was a good day.

how do u guys make the feeling of reminiscing of past wiminz that you missed out on into something positive? whenever i think about that i feel kinda negative and bad about why i didnt do more in the past.

Originally Posted by odog24

how do u guys make the feeling of reminiscing of past wiminz that you missed out on into something positive? whenever i think about that i feel kinda negative and bad about why i didnt do more in the past.

easy... DONT REMINISCE. 
move forward... there isnt a damb thing you can change about the past, homey... real life.

you can learn from it though. that's help me alot w/ women. how old are you?

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

happy.gif

This thread is excellent!

Saw it in ricky409's signature.

Great positive vibes in here!

Originally Posted by KMante

happy.gif

you made it that much better with that avy too, famb.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Also... I'm taking my gmat in 5 days!! My body is ready.

Originally Posted by ricky409

easy... DONT REMINISCE. 
move forward... there isnt a damb thing you can change about the past, homey... real life.

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
19. thanks for the advice fambs.

Originally Posted by KMante

happy.gif

you made it that much better with that avy too, famb.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Also... I'm taking my gmat in 5 days!! My body is ready.
Thanks and good luck man!

easy... DONT REMINISCE. 

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
19. thanks for the advice fambs.
i disagree. nothing wrong with reminiscing. i had a very good thing with a gorgeous female (PR x some eastern euro country i forget 
laugh.gif
) and i had something budding with another pretty girl (jamacian x chinese)
both smart, amazing, kinda girls you bring home to mama and wanna show off to all your boys.

me and the PR chick had plenty of great times together and i constantly catch myself thinking back. i felt so alive with her.

weird thing about it i never feel anguish or bitterness when those thoughts rush through my mind. most times im just smiling and laughing in my head

i also often think about how stupid i was to mess things up with both of them.
tired.gif

to understand where you are heading you often have to look back in your past. i hope i matured enough to not make the same mistake with something good again.

i know one day ill get another beautiful girl in my grasp and i will not make similar mistakes and miss out on a great opportunity again.

until then ill reminisce about beautiful times i had with a beautiful girl.

fin.

@me no pass: hecccckkkk no famb...

Having that mind frame will keep you in that mind state.

We're all about progression round here, homey.

Your next chick should always be better than your ex chick, famb... real life...

You'll never be able find some new yambs reminiscing about some old chick.

Yo Big Shouts ricky409, for helping me upkeep this thread when I was away handling life and all its turmoils and staying on the grind.

Anyway, just to update everyone,
Like I said in the job thread, I got a phone interview scheduled next week for a potential game changer in my life.

It's not much I'll earn compared to some folks doing it big on NT. It's a start...if I get it, I'll finally have a salary job. Which means I can do a lot more on my life and possibly help more people in the process.

I've waited for quite a while to get something like this, so I really hope I can get it.

Ever since I started this thread, I didn't realize how much of an impact it made. Originally, this thread was meant to be a cornball thread but then I realized how much negativity there was at that time, so I felt it was necessary to reinforce the positive attitudes/behaviors for this community because in the end we all need to get a long to live through it.

Thanks everyone for all the contributions and shares. Again much appreciation to ricky409, for repping this thread fam. Might as well make it a permanent sig smiley 
pimp.gif

STRAIGHT from the jobless and frustrated thread...
check this story out..

Originally Posted by sthebest

So last Friday I went to a job interview for a Production Artist job. Ironically enough, it was not too far from my old job where I also did production artwork. So I gave a great interview, my portfolio wowed the guy who interviewed me and I started going into detail about the various responsibilities I had at my old job (weeding vinyl, proofing artwork, running positives, cleaning and running two large scale printers, designing new artwork, etc.) So the guy who interviewed me gave me a tour of the shop (which I took as a good sign). In addition, he says he wants to offer me the job right there but had a few more interviews to go and would let me know by next Friday at the latest.
Yesterday, he calls me up and asked if I can come in for a hour to work on some small jobs to test my Illustrator and Photoshop skills. I agree to come in at 9am this morning. So needless to say, I go to the facility at 9am and ace all of the small assignments (which were on the same level as simple assignments I had in design school). The guy who interviewed me said I did a great job and would let me know his decision after he held another interview he had with another candidate this afternoon. So around 3pm, he calls me and offers me the job and I accepted. $12/hr to start, all paid major holidays, 2 weeks PTO to start with the opportunity to earn more PTO (1 hour for each 8 hours you work), and full dental and health after 90 days.

After almost 8 months of unemployment, thousands of applications submitted to different places, and selling a good chunk of my collection...it feels good to FINALLY have a job again 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

keep ya heads up, NT fambilia... 

STRAIGHT from the jobless and frustrated thread...
check this story out..

Originally Posted by sthebest

So last Friday I went to a job interview for a Production Artist job. Ironically enough, it was not too far from my old job where I also did production artwork. So I gave a great interview, my portfolio wowed the guy who interviewed me and I started going into detail about the various responsibilities I had at my old job (weeding vinyl, proofing artwork, running positives, cleaning and running two large scale printers, designing new artwork, etc.) So the guy who interviewed me gave me a tour of the shop (which I took as a good sign). In addition, he says he wants to offer me the job right there but had a few more interviews to go and would let me know by next Friday at the latest.
Yesterday, he calls me up and asked if I can come in for a hour to work on some small jobs to test my Illustrator and Photoshop skills. I agree to come in at 9am this morning. So needless to say, I go to the facility at 9am and ace all of the small assignments (which were on the same level as simple assignments I had in design school). The guy who interviewed me said I did a great job and would let me know his decision after he held another interview he had with another candidate this afternoon. So around 3pm, he calls me and offers me the job and I accepted. $12/hr to start, all paid major holidays, 2 weeks PTO to start with the opportunity to earn more PTO (1 hour for each 8 hours you work), and full dental and health after 90 days.

After almost 8 months of unemployment, thousands of applications submitted to different places, and selling a good chunk of my collection...it feels good to FINALLY have a job again 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

keep ya heads up, NT fambilia... 
Congrats Fam, hopefully you'll do well to keep the position for a while and build up that paper. I'm trying to do the same, but I have my phone interview this friday, sort of nervous for now but I have a good feeling for it.
happy.gif

Yo, I encourage you to put out positive vibes whether from uplifting someone with words, opening doors for people, random kindness to strangers (homeless people included) etc...
smile.gif

Originally Posted by VeryAnalytical85

Yo Big Shouts ricky409, for helping me upkeep this thread when I was away handling life and all its turmoils and staying on the grind.

Anyway, just to update everyone,
Like I said in the job thread, I got a phone interview scheduled next week for a potential game changer in my life.

It's not much I'll earn compared to some folks doing it big on NT. It's a start...if I get it, I'll finally have a salary job. Which means I can do a lot more on my life and possibly help more people in the process.

I've waited for quite a while to get something like this, so I really hope I can get it.

Ever since I started this thread, I didn't realize how much of an impact it made. Originally, this thread was meant to be a cornball thread but then I realized how much negativity there was at that time, so I felt it was necessary to reinforce the positive attitudes/behaviors for this community because in the end we all need to get a long to live through it.

Thanks everyone for all the contributions and shares. Again much appreciation to ricky409, for repping this thread fam. Might as well make it a permanent sig smiley 
pimp.gif
allllllllllready, famb... 
i stay w/ a smile on my face, trying to get those around me to look towards the positive instead of harping on the negative.

more times than not, negative people look back, while positive people look forward.

we all need to look forward, stay #based, and work hard!

"they say when you play w/ skill, good luck will happen." Jay-z

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

had to come in here to soak these positive vibes fambs...

took my GMAT as was
frown.gif
at my score.

this was my first time... i'm hoping the other parts of my application will be considered...

i'm going to request an academic probation period to show my ability to stay in the school..

i hope they accept the deal and let me in...

if not... i dont know what i'm gonna do...

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

had to come in here to soak these positive vibes fambs...

took my GMAT as was
frown.gif
at my score.

this was my first time... i'm hoping the other parts of my application will be considered...

i'm going to request an academic probation period to show my ability to stay in the school..

i hope they accept the deal and let me in...

if not... i dont know what i'm gonna do...

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Just stay positive man, the GMAT score is only half the battle. If everything else is steady and your interview was good then I'm sure you'll have a shot regardless
happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom