NT: Staying Positive Thread Vol. Good Vibes

Starting my first year of college in about a month. Taking out loans because it's 56k/year to attend, but i'm gonna make the most of it! Epic thread BTW.

Ok so I'm 21 and I have no College degree so yeah it's pretty hard to find jobs, school isnt for me though....One day I was out with one of my friends and her mom just so happens to be the principal of a elementary school. I have some experience working with kids in a After School program so I'm like tell your mom to hook me up with a job. I did not think that she would actually would do it. 2 months later(now) i got a job as a teacher's assistant starting in August. Full-Time and Great benefits. Don't be afraid to ask for hook-ups or to tell people your looking for a job. You gotta get out there and net work, majority of the time it's about who you know anyway.

Don't know about around your way, but teachers assistants out here in D.C. get paid fairly well, that's a real good look for you. I'm actually considering doing that myself, even though its completely unrelated to my degree, but I dont think i'm about that 9-5 corporate life :x

Don't know about around your way, but teachers assistants out here in D.C. get paid fairly well, that's a real good look for you. I'm actually considering doing that myself, even though its completely unrelated to my degree, but I dont think i'm about that 9-5 corporate life :x
I know I'm not. I like working with kids, I think its one of the most rewarding jobs out there. I don't like sitting at a desk all day either so I know corporate wasn't for me.

I'm a try to contribute something positive every day. This is from something I read

"Always try to look for the good in people. At times family, or friends may blurt out things that hurt our feelings. Instead of quickly taking offense, patiently analyze why they may have said what they did. Were they under pressure, fearful, not feeling well, or struggling with some external or internal problem? Recognizing the factors may help us to understand why people sometimes say and do things they should not and may move us to be forgiving. All of us have said and done things that hurt others, and we hope that they will graciously forgive us."

The window of opportunity won't stay open too long. Don't be afraid to take chances, you don't know what will become of them. Learning this right now. :smokin

Been working out this summer getting ready for wrestling, and I've almost gotten rid of my man boobs
This thread :smokin
Stay up my Niketalk brethren, this forum needs more positivity.

Bumping this up for Veteran, Returning and New NT Members of the New NT site.

Hopefully everyone had a great weekend and a start off to a great week.

"The only difference 'tween a winner and a loser is a winner plays until he wins "

-Big K.R.I.T.

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Over the last year, I've felt down due to the fact that I didn't feel I was doing anything with life other than a work routine...

Enrolled in college a month or so ago for the fall semester. I'm psyched to be going back to school since it's a huge change for me.

It's a brand new week & time for a fresh start 
nthat.gif

I just landed my first job after college and I start in about 2 hours. It's pretty unrelated to my degree which is why I'm not jumping up and down about it, but reading this thread this morning (+ a morning run at the gym) is getting me pumped up! Have a good week fambs!

Ok so I'm 21 and I have no College degree so yeah it's pretty hard to find jobs, school isnt for me though....One day I was out with one of my friends and her mom just so happens to be the principal of a elementary school. I have some experience working with kids in a After School program so I'm like tell your mom to hook me up with a job. I did not think that she would actually would do it. 2 months later(now) i got a job as a teacher's assistant starting in August. Full-Time and Great benefits. Don't be afraid to ask for hook-ups or to tell people your looking for a job. You gotta get out there and net work, majority of the time it's about who you know anyway.

you sure bout dat bra? skis the limit

you sure bout dat bra? skis the limit
eh, i'm pretty sure. I have to go to school for the job I have now, continuing education and I hate it. don't think I could commit to it really for a bachelors. I guess I'm going against the "staying positive vibe".

Just wanted to wish you recent graduates the best

after i graduated i moved from Ohio to NY pursuing film work

i worked with a cell phone company until finally i met a customer that was a production coordinator

gained the opportunity to work for a couple major features and make friends along the way

i relocated again and finally found the start to my career in entertainment with Turner down in Atlanta (NBATV, CNN)

along the way it was very hard, and im still honestly finding my way, but i remember how hopeless i felt around december after i graduated.

December was when those loan companies started calling.

i started to feel like i was stuck. Just wanted to tell you guys degree or not, YOUR NOT STUCK

you can do whatever you want in this world.

The more you plan, the luckier you'll get. best of luck guys. peace

Starting my first year of college in about a month. Taking out loans because it's 56k/year to attend, but i'm gonna make the most of it! Epic thread BTW.

Goodness . 56k :smh:
But im in the same boat as you , so I plan to live it up man .
I need some college advice tho lol :smokin

It's crazy however bad any situation you can always get something positive out of it, or learn a good lesson. Always a silver lining.

2 years ago I was wrongfully in jail facing over 30 years....now I have been working a new job for almost a year on my way to making six figures.

Off probation in 3 days and took the long road of expunging my record myself.

Life is a trip

Peaks and valleys....just stay balanced.

2 years ago I was wrongfully in jail facing over 30 years....now I have been working a new job for almost a year on my way to making six figures.
Off probation in 3 days and took the long road of expunging my record myself.
Life is a trip
Peaks and valleys....just stay balanced.

What do you do if you dont mind me asking....im in a similar position minus the job.

Coming off a good weekend. Got paid, parties, fixed up the whip, hit the gym, hooped, talked to some girls, overall feeling good about myself. I'm tryina get at this innocent type bad one. Bouta bring out the A game for this one. I'm juiced :tongue:

Hope my NT fam is doing good too

Back
Top Bottom