NT: Staying Positive Thread Vol. Good Vibes

It's 4am PST, recovering from a somewhat long night.

But it's alright because I'm enjoying my weekend off... from my new job.

Yes, NT after all is said and done, finally got something a little bit more than I expected (with a new position). Granted I wish the starting pay was higher but man... it finally feels good to be paid decent for once :nthat:.

With that said, I've been grinding since I last updated and bumped this thread for the new NT and NT'ers who've been following along. Much appreciation and thanks for all the knowledge, support and camaraderie everyone has given to one another to keep hope alive and to remain positive even through the hard times.

As promised, once I figure out my plans in order I'll definitely do my part to give back to the community so stay tuned with that. And as I've said before if anyone has any questions (regarding how to stay positive, or especially how to do well pre or post-college life) or just wants to vent or talk, feel free to hit me up via PM (anonymity is granted).

I'm not out of the clear just yet (taking it a day at a time) but doing my best to figure a way out, balancing my financial responsibilities while grinding to a better future. Otherwise my NT brethren, stay up, keep positive and enjoy each day of your life like it's your last. You'll definitely get plenty more out of it, especially if you plan well for your life.

:D

Last edited:
Preparing for college, starting this spring. In search of a job so I can save money for a car or truck, so I have a steady way of transportation to school and just in general. Keeping a positive mind and staying grounded and humble all the way.

Peace.

Just got accepted to grad school...
pimp.gif

For the dudes in grad any success with the chicks?

I finished my 2 continuing education classes and passed! Not as good as y'all but I'm still happy :smokin

And Congrats to all of you doing the school thing, takes a lot of dedication, discipline and determination! :smokin

Man... i'm hype.

Got this chick I been scheming on for months about to come kick it.

I hope she got good yambs, cuz she talking about it

Get paid this week too...

so bummed out yall...i cant even land a retail job. i need a job for school coming up but noone wants to hire me without no damn work experience. im not tryna do no McD's... but at this point I dont even know where to look. Im usually a very positive person..but this predicament got me feeling down as hell. i'm 20 and havent had a job since graduating HS. maybe im not applying myself accordingly but I do feel like I get overlooked a ton due to my work history.

today was a really dark day for me. i got another rejection email from this spot and i just held my head for like half an hour. every time, it just kills my confidence. any suggestions to where I could get in at?

so bummed out yall...i cant even land a retail job. i need a job for school coming up but noone wants to hire me without no damn work experience. im not tryna do no McD's... but at this point I dont even know where to look. Im usually a very positive person..but this predicament got me feeling down as hell. i'm 20 and havent had a job since graduating HS. maybe im not applying myself accordingly but I do feel like I get overlooked a ton due to my work history.
today was a really dark day for me. i got another rejection email from this spot and i just held my head for like half an hour. every time, it just kills my confidence. any suggestions to where I could get in at?

I'm not trying to come down on you but I think you should take the job if they are offering them. There isn't a rule that says you are stuck there if you work there. You still gettin paid money bro. Just work there get paid and still look for other work. I know it's easier than what it sounds. Just keep your head up bro.

I graduated from Tulane University in May with my Bachelors (Marketing).. just been working my part time job and looking for an entry level job. It's kinda hard when you're trying to find a good fit. Good luck to everybody with what they're doing though. If anybody knows any good gigs in New Orleans, holla at me. 
nthat.gif

I got accepted to my program too, but I think its going to be tough on my end cuz I stay 35 min from the school...

I work full time and I stay 45 mins away from campus myself...still gonna make it work out.

Had orientation this past weekend and I'm one of two black dudes in the program...

:smokin

Trying to stay positive with my broken collarbone. Hoping to get surgery this week, that is if my doctor tomorrow will take me in regardless of not having insurance. The plan is to pay installment. I have enough money saved up for it and my family are going to help me as well. Hopefully, my doctor will agree.

I know i'll be broke after this surgery. Money isn't everything to me and I just want to feel like myself again. I haven't done anything in 3 weeks but rest and it's frustrating being that i'm pretty active person.

Namaste

I work full time and I stay 45 mins away from campus myself...still gonna make it work out.
Had orientation this past weekend and I'm one of two black dudes in the program...
i got orientation next week on the 16th...

but i'm in a finance program... so i'm HIGHLY doubting if there will be ANY YAMBS in the classes... point blank...

45 min from class, though? what's your regular job, and how often do you have class?
I graduated from Tulane University in May with my Bachelors (Marketing).. just been working my part time job and looking for an entry level job. It's kinda hard when you're trying to find a good fit. Good luck to everybody with what they're doing though. If anybody knows any good gigs in New Orleans, holla at me. :nthat:
them marketing gigs are HARD to come by because people from other venues can step into your field (general business, communications, advertising)

my advice is to look hard, and take some high paying retail gig, or something retail that can let you advance quickly... sales and marketing go hand in hand, and you should take whatever opportunity you can and roll w/ it...

keep on the lookout for positions like market team leader, e-discovery market analyst, sales team lead, yada yada... those spots can be stepping stones into something bigger.

^ regular job is library technician...going into the MLIS program. So hopefully I can do my internship where I currently work.

I have class on Monday and Thursday...evenings classes start at 5:30.

^ regular job is library technician...going into the MLIS program. So hopefully I can do my internship where I currently work.
I have class on Monday and Thursday...evenings classes start at 5:30.
damb... what you working, 8-4?

you're a g, my dude... i'm working 40, but i'm at school only 2 nights out of the week...

mo' power too ya.

I graduated from Tulane University in May with my Bachelors (Marketing).. just been working my part time job and looking for an entry level job. It's kinda hard when you're trying to find a good fit. Good luck to everybody with what they're doing though. If anybody knows any good gigs in New Orleans, holla at me. :nthat:

What are you trying to do with your degree? I already have a degree in an unrelated field and have been thinking of getting a graduate certificate in marketing. I'd like to get into digital marketing/e-comm.

damb... what you working, 8-4?
you're a g, my dude... i'm working 40, but i'm at school only 2 nights out of the week...
mo' power too ya.

Yeah on the day of class it's 8-4...appreciate it homie and good luck with school.

waaaaait... how did this thread slip thru the cracks...

++++++

i love this part of the week... Thursday, everyone sees the weekend on the horizon and starts to loosen up.

Friday, easy breezy day... everybody is vibed up...

Saturday is... Saturday...

and sunday is the max and relax day...

:pimp: :pimp:

this thread needs to stay first pg

been in a slump lately but today I'm feeling good :pimp:

sometimes just helping someone out or vibing to a good song can really change your mood :smokin :smokin :smokin

ever since i seen this thread i be trying to think more positive every time i notice myself gettin upset or complaining about something

im also tryna stop cussing. its been rough cuz every hour something is gettin on my nerves haha but i been reducing the amount of cuss words i say daily for the past few days so it'll be outta my system totally in a couple weeks

Back
Top Bottom