NT, tell me about Houston.

I live in greenspoint lol

I mean, yeah, I'm sure it's not actually poisonous...but there's a difference between growing up in a place and me pulling my happy *** up in January like

1098096_1208051469223661_2300261221037065811_n-715x545.jpg

I lived there in '14 and loved it. Had to move for a job but I didn't want to.

I lived in the civilized part of greenspoint (Driscoll place apartments) and had no issues. Decent complex and very affordable. My boy lived a few miles down the road and he caught hell :lol: someone threw a stone through his apartment window, broke into his car...that's all I can remember.

Stayed at Driscoll myself around 08-09...no problems either...only complaint was the pizza man wouldn't deliver inside the complex...had to meet dude at the school across the street...

Check out some breweries..specifically 8th wonder...burns bbq posts up there as well as eatsie boys food truck

The heights has some pretty cool shops and restaurants

Here is the other thread...

https://niketalk.com/threads/things...s-vol-are-you-all-still-tippin.624395/page-28

Stayed at Driscoll myself around 08-09...no problems either...only complaint was the pizza man wouldn't deliver inside the complex...had to meet dude at the school across the street...

Check out some breweries..specifically 8th wonder...burns bbq posts up there as well as eatsie boys food truck

The heights has some pretty cool shops and restaurants

Here is the other thread...

https://niketalk.com/threads/things...s-vol-are-you-all-still-tippin.624395/page-28

I always try to check out the breweries in a town, you get a nice cross section of the locals since everybody likes free beer. thanks man.

Best mexican food in Houston cheap too. Long line in the morning
https://m.yelp.com/biz/alamo-tamale-and-taco-houston-2

I am gonna miss Mexican food, good info.

You have to be here for work or do you have a choice? I’m born and raised here, 31 years. I work for this damn city lol. But it’s nothing to come visit for fun. Even though I can’t stand Dallas because it’s all glitz and glamour.....let’s be serious, it’s much more fun. Austin and San Antonio too. It’s a “practical” city to live in in many ways....but that’s about as far as it goes. It makes “sense” I suppose. Someone once described it to me as a tropical city without any of the tropical amenities. Spot on! I’m getting out soon. I can always come back at anytime or even retire here. Yeah I’m salty lol

You have to be here for work or do you have a choice? I’m born and raised here, 31 years. I work for this damn city lol. But it’s nothing to come visit for fun. Even though I can’t stand Dallas because it’s all glitz and glamour.....let’s be serious, it’s much more fun. Austin and San Antonio too. It’s a “practical” city to live in in many ways....but that’s about as far as it goes. It makes “sense” I suppose. Someone once described it to me as a tropical city without any of the tropical amenities. Spot on! I’m getting out soon. I can always come back at anytime or even retire here. Yeah I’m salty lol

yeah it's probably going to be Houston...there's a training program in the area I want to get into. just for a couple of months, then it's probably back to Mexico.

I've heard great things about Austin tho, apparently it's a city with a lot of vibe...big music scene, art scene, night life, events for children of all ages...I can dig it. I definitely want to visit.

First time I ever saw someone say Dallas was more fun than Houston :wow:

I usually hear the opposite too, but I know nothing of Houston so I can't call it.

Y’all convince me what makes Houston better than Dallas. Cost of living? Maybe. Weather? Dallas. Things to do for visitors? Pushing Dallas.

Been to Houston,Dallas,Austin, and San Antonio at least 2-3 times in my life time a piece.

By far Austin was the city that fitted me the most. Dallas people are stuck up and it costs a lot to stay in some of the suburan areas like Frisco, Plano, etc.

Houston by far reminds me of Louisiana, besides the traffic and the city being spreadout as hell it would be my second choice.

San Antonio is borring as hell.... would never live there.

Fort Worth is cool also I stayed there a month for training for a company I was working for.

dallas is bland af
it's basically a diet/zero calorie houston
less diversity, women, culture

austin is cool ...fun to party but no diversity.
a lot of hippies and people who have no plans or goals
san antonio is boring as hell

houston > austin > dallas>>>>>>>>>>>> SA

so basically houston is the TAN of texas

dallas is bland af
it's basically a diet/zero calorie houston
less diversity, women, culture

austin is cool ...fun to party but no diversity.
a lot of hippies and people who have no pland or goals
san antonio is boring as hell

My sister is learning this right now going to school in SA :lol: (I'm currently visiting her right now)

My sister is learning this right now going to school in SA :lol: (I'm currently visiting her right now)

Yea not much to San Antonio.... only so many times you can go to the mall or the riverwalk....

the road system is horrible also, the Mexican population wasn't too friendly towards ya boy either.

One area I would move to in Dallas is Addison. I always have a good time when I go there. Very nice area, bars, girls.

Last edited:
^ try and get some BBQ out here fam... brisket >
also, since your are from out of town tex-mex restaurants would be a good start

Not sure why North Houston always gets a bad rap. Only somewhat familiar with Cypress area for the most part.

Outside of that, can't tell you a place to live lol but Houston is Houston. Grew up in Alief most of my life outside of few years in Sugar Land, but I take it for what it is.

Back
Top Bottom