NT: The People v OJ / 30 for 30: OJ

yo this show is 
pimp.gif

had me dying of laughter every other minute. pure entertainment. cant wait for the dream team episode. 

the cast and characters are just too damn funny

Last edited:
Not unnecessary Kardashian hate...just acknowledging exactly what you just said. It's clear they threw it all in for buzz, and that's super corny. What makes it worse is this is actually a very well done show. This just takes away from immersion.

Yeah it's unbearable. I swear if they do that again next episode I'm out for now.

Throwing the Kardashian kids in there was hilarious, some of you guys take it too seriously. Them chanting their own name, to me, was a joke about how obsessed and weird they are.. it was comic relief in an otherwise serious show.

The real life story involves a Kardashain, it's not ridiculous if the mom or anyone else gets a brief mention.

Caught the first two episodes back to back and I'm hooked. The OJ trial has always been fascinating and this show has done a good job of capturing that obsession and collect interest. Sure, many people remember watching the chase or the verdict or following the news, but for those that weren't old enough, this has done a really good job of the media's coverage so far. And the glimpses into the prosecution and defense has been done well.
Very well put.  The people complaining about all the Kardashian stuff are just OD.  The Kardashian family had a HUGE role in this story.  People are complaining just to be complaining.  

Just my opinion, but I am guessing that the people who are *****ing and moaning are simply not old enough to have followed the OJ trial and story.

What a silly correlation. What does being around for the story have to do with the quality of of this TV show, or forced Kardashian kids references? Shouldn't OJs kids get that same kind of shine if it's just about the families involved?

Doesn't really matter who did it. Point is it was poor writing and it stuck out like a sore thumb. I'd take issue regardless of the character, honestly. The fact that it's thrown in so haphazardly as a reference in that fashion makes it worse.

It's not Kardashian hate, it's acknowledging poor writing and what comes off as pandering to a fanbase who shouldn't even really be a focus when telling this story.

At least that's my take on it, since people can't seem to understand that people could genuinely have this opinion and not just be a Kardashian hater or have been too young to follow the case.

Kardashian references bring in kardashian fans (which are millions)
Fans tune in and increase ratings.
Ratings bring in ads.
Ads bring in money.
Get used to the name dropping.

I just watched both episodes this morning. I'm sorry but a 2 minute kardashian girls reference per episode is not enough for me to go "im never watching this show again".

Do we really think there's THAT many people watching this show for ten seconds of Kardashian references? Or that they're bending over backwards to pander to that crowd? I really think we're looking too much into this.

It's also entirely possibly, that it's comics relief and making them  the joke. So they take the opportunity to poke fun at the clan and have all the kids freak out over the spelling of their name.. then chant it like a bunch of whack jobs. I laughed, maybe that was the point.

They'll probably come up again, let's just ignore it and all be better off 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom