NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

There are about 10 beer specialty places within 5 mins of my home... Problem is, they all have a plethora of beers not found at other places... The problem is for my liver and wallet... Pretty much every brewery and damn near beer that ships to Michigan is sold with walking distance of my home.

Please shut up before I smack you.

Just kidding. I wish I had the chance to get what is readily available to you pimpin.

What my night consisted of after I got home from hanging out with some old friends...

Please shut up before I smack you.
Just kidding. I wish I had the chance to get what is readily available to you pimpin.

Hate sounding like an a-hole but the stores have really stepped it up lately

I've got some quality stores around, well within 30 minutes of my pad. But there is still stuff like 3Floyds, Russian River, The Bruery, Surley, etc that I can't get my paws on for the life of me.

Gameday... Pork shoulder slow cooking... 90 Min, Red Hoptober, and an old friend called Hopslam will make an appearance tonight...Might need a lighter beer for gametime drinking

snatched up a 6 pack of these today... only pumpkin ales i could find ... i was pretty much over blue moon, but these are quite tasty

The way beer is distributed is quite crazy. So it's not surprising people go out of their way to find the good stuff. Or they realize that they have it really good with a quality selection.
-----

Skaa Brewing out of Colorado has a Milk Stout beer. I was impressed with it. Someone left a bottle around after a party months back and it was sitting in the fridge for awhile. I should've had it sooner.
-----------
I had a hefty IPA tasting session the other night. After going through my fridge, I realized I had 5 different IPAs lying around.

The decent, the great, the exceptional....
Beeradvocate (if you trust them entirely) listed these all in the Average, above average, and exceptional range.

-Kirkland (aka Costco) has their own line of beer now. Some brewery in California is doing this for them..
-Harpoon Brewery out of the Boston/NE area
-Samuel Adams Latitude 48 IPA
-Dogfish head 60 minute IPA
-La Cumbre Elevated IPA

I put them in order from left to right according to BA scores.... I was thinking of doing a blind taste. But this was enough of a task as it stands.

Taste wise, two stood out, Kirkland as below par, and La Cumbre as above par... The other three were all relatively the same.. After about 3 sips of each, my palette was done for. They all tasted the same... Not to say I wasted a few as flavors blended, but it could have been done better... It was not official by any means. I could have purchased 6-7 other IPAs with better scores, and done a tasting of nothing but great scores... It's nice sometimes to try them all at once and get an idea of what brands consider to be their IPA beer.
------------

Also picked up a harvest box of Sam Adams.. 3 of the 6 I had never tried before
Dunkelweizen
Pumpkin
Hazel Brown
---
Also came with Boston Lager, Octoberfest, and Latitude 48.

Definitely not a fan of pumpkin beers (then again, maybe I haven't found the right one). I usually jump right up to Octoberfests. Paulander makes a great one.. That one may stick with me through to the winter time..

Ruination is my all-time favorite beer, so I was happy I got to try it's 10th anniversary.

I also tapped my 1/6 barrel of Two Brother's Cane & Ebel in my kegerator a couple nights ago. A delicious rye beer.

Had quite a few different beers this Labor Day weekend.

(on tap)

Rusian River Pliny The Elder

Stone Enjoy By 9-21-12 IPA

Stone IPA (brewed with blueberries and boysenberries)

Stone Sublimely Self Righteous Ale (double dry hopped)

Stone 16th Anniversary IPA 

(bottles)

Ballast Point Big Eye IPA

Sam Adams variety pack for Monday's bbq

(included a pumpkin ale, oktoberfest, IPA, hazel nut brown ale, their sig. lager, and a dark wheat ale)

Patiently awaiting my stores to stock Dogfish Head Pumpkin Ale.... Really want to see what the fuss is about.... The last month has made me nt want to sniff another IPA... Definitely overdosed on them

Past two weeks.

Yuengling Fall seasonal 

Natty Ice

Rolling Rock

Lions Head

Iron City 

American Light

Pennsylvania Light

Went to BJ's over the weekend.
Had a Maredsous 8 (on tap). Delicious.
A St. Martin Brune (bottle). Delicious.
And BJ's Oktoberfest. BJ's Oktoberfest was crap. I know some people in here are not fans of BJ's beers, but this was the first beer from them that I thought was terrible.

-J-

if you're ever in europe or see this in the US, try it asap. Prob the best pilsner i've drank that's bottled/canned.

It was okay... Nothing to go crazy over... For some reason I have been craving Carlsberg and Stella... No reason why but my fridge is packed with it... Its not that good at all but it has been going down wonderfully.

I recommend anyone in the NJ/NY area to check out the three Biergarten locations in JC, Brooklyn, and Hoboken.

My next trip is to the Brooklyn Brewery. Heard good things. Like their regular Brooklyn Lager.

Back
Top Bottom