NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Are you really a girl? Who likes good beer? Brb I'm gonna to break up with my gf

I'm not big on the chocolate brews but the Hoppin Frog and Southern Tier are great

The Sam Smith chocolate is great.  Duvel is probably my favorite, if had to pick one.  Anchor Steam is very close to the top, too.  I'm easy to please.

i thought this rogue voodoo collaboration was awful...cool idea tho

I had to retry Sierra Nevada's Celebration Ale at least 4 times now. There was something off the first time I tried it.. I had been sick for about 2 weeks to start the month, so maybe that had something to do with it. I had no Idea why the reviews were so positive until I tried it that 2nd and 3rd time.. As hard as it may be to do, retrying beers you thought you hated, or even like, has become essential for me.

I have been on a big stout type binge these last few weeks.. Stopped by some local breweries...

-Oatmeal stout. This one had the hop flavor in the aftertaste.. Almost to the point you tasted hops as you burped, as weird as that sounds..
-Java Stout. The coffee bitterness this one was brewed with created some nice conflict in flavor with the hops. It had my mouth confused for awhile
-Cream stout.. Not sure if this one was brewed with milk sugar, but it just had a smooth taste all around..

I don't think I've had a bad stout
---------

I also picked up some Left Hand Milk Stout Nitro.. This one is bottled under nitrogen, so you get a more Guiness like pour out of your own bottle. Carbonation is quite low, so be prepared. The sweetness is subtle but still there.

I stopped by a local beer shop the other day and spotted some new stuff.
Lagunitas Sucks Shugga Brown Substitute Ale
This one I bought almost exclusively since it had such rave reviews.. It did not let down... AT ALL.. I am hoping the next time I stop over there, I can buy them out. It's labeled as an IPA. You get hit with a nice hop bite initially. And as you drink it down, it's nothing but a smooth and dry finish. It almost tastes like nothing. But you know it's good. It's hard to explain. You just can't stop drinking it. The drinkability factor is huge with this one.. HUGE// You all have to try this asap. The abv is 7.9% but tastes nothing like it. It's quite the experience

The other beer I spotted was Oddell's Chocolate Milk Stout.. This one is an imperial stout chalked with sweetness. Drinkability is again almost too good here. ABV 8.5%

If I wasn't busy drinking beer, I think I'd take my own photos, but you get the idea.

The other beer I had stashed away in the fridge with the sam adams winter pack was the Chocolate Bock.. This one is almost too much chocolate with no hop profile.. I'll finish off the rest out of my mixer pack, but I would not look for this one exclusively

Last edited:
Are you really a girl? Who likes good beer? Brb I'm gonna to break up with my gf

I'm not big on the chocolate brews but the Hoppin Frog and Southern Tier are great

Yes :smile: ..my bf only drinks Corona :x ..hmm "Trading Spouses" perhaps..? hahah

i think we're all in the majority
i'm a big fan of chocolate and coffee stouts :pimp:
you say guiness is gross, then go ahead and post a pic of skunkass heineken.

:pimp: indeed

agreed..heiny = trash. Guinness is solid.

Wallyhopp ..left hand on nitro tap is DELISH..and watching it cascade is purrty cool.
and that choc stout looks pretty tasty :nerd:

Last edited:
So, a local pizza chain (Minsky's Pizza) was having a Super Bowl contest on their Facebook page. They were giving away a $500 gift card, two 20-packs of Boulevard beer and a big rolling Boulevard cooler.

I entered a couple of weeks ago and forgot about it until I got the email on Friday saying I won. Now it's free pizza for months!

The cooler is easily the coolest piece of beer swag I've ever gotten. The only thing better would be a New Belgium bike.

So, a local pizza chain (Minsky's Pizza) was having a Super Bowl contest on their Facebook page. They were giving away a $500 gift card, two 20-packs of Boulevard beer and a big rolling Boulevard cooler.

I entered a couple of weeks ago and forgot about it until I got the email on Friday saying I won. Now it's free pizza for months!

The cooler is easily the coolest piece of beer swag I've ever gotten. The only thing better would be a New Belgium bike.

dope :pimp:

congrats!

Finally found this thread!

I tend to prefer 12% Beers

Schneider Aventinus Weizen-Eisbock 12% is my go-to beer right now :pimp:

Trying out Trappistes Rochefort 10 11.3% and Gouden Carolus Tripel 9% today

Prost!

I had to retry Sierra Nevada's Celebration Ale at least 4 times now. There was something off the first time I tried it.. I had been sick for about 2 weeks to start the month, so maybe that had something to do with it. I had no Idea why the reviews were so positive until I tried it that 2nd and 3rd time.. As hard as it may be to do, retrying beers you thought you hated, or even like, has become essential for me.

I have been on a big stout type binge these last few weeks.. Stopped by some local breweries...

-Oatmeal stout. This one had the hop flavor in the aftertaste.. Almost to the point you tasted hops as you burped, as weird as that sounds..
-Java Stout. The coffee bitterness this one was brewed with created some nice conflict in flavor with the hops. It had my mouth confused for awhile
-Cream stout.. Not sure if this one was brewed with milk sugar, but it just had a smooth taste all around..

I also picked up some Left Hand Milk Stout Nitro.. This one is bottled under nitrogen, so you get a more Guiness like pour out of your own bottle. Carbonation is quite low, so be prepared. The sweetness is subtle but still there.

This one I bought almost exclusively since it had such rave reviews.. It did not let down... AT ALL.. I am hoping the next time I stop over there, I can buy them out. It's labeled as an IPA. You get hit with a nice hop bite initially. And as you drink it down, it's nothing but a smooth and dry finish. It almost tastes like nothing. But you know it's good. It's hard to explain. You just can't stop drinking it. The drinkability factor is huge with this one.. HUGE// You all have to try this asap. The abv is 7.9% but tastes nothing like it. It's quite the experience

The other beer I spotted was Oddell's Chocolate Milk Stout.. This one is an imperial stout chalked with sweetness. Drinkability is again almost too good here. ABV 8.5%

If I wasn't busy drinking beer, I think I'd take my own photos, but you get the idea.

The other beer I had stashed away in the fridge with the sam adams winter pack was the Chocolate Bock.. This one is almost too much chocolate with no hop profile.. I'll finish off the rest out of my mixer pack, but I would not look for this one exclusively
Damn, I'll be on the hunt tomorrow

I bought a case of these for a Superbowl party bc it was more girls then guys and was actually surprised how good this is, it's a cider mixed with a beer pretty much

---------

My local college bar had the Left Hand Milk Stout on tap. Used to drink it 4 out of 5 beers there. We used to call it chocolate milk. For some reason, I hate stouts these days though. Opened up a Mad River Extra Stout and couldn't finish it.

I did have a Mad River Steelhead Extra Pale Ale. It was awesome, but definitely a little bit light on flavor.

How was the Odell's? I've liked what I've had from them but I haven't had the Chocolate Stout.

I bought a case of these for a Superbowl party bc it was more girls then guys and was actually surprised how good this is, it's a cider mixed with a beer pretty much
My buddy bought a case for the Superbowl. Tastes so damn good, exactly like Apple Juice. Wouldn't be caught dead drinking it at a bar tho 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom