NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Finally got around to trying this one.  First Danish beer I've ever had, as well as the first beer I've had from Evil Twin.  Pours pitch black (as to be expected from an imperial stout) with minimal carbonation and virtually no head. The best way I can describe this beer is calling it a beefed-up Founders Breakfast Stout. Similar flavors, but a little less chocolatey and sweet.  For 11.5% ABV, there's really no booziness to this beer. Comparably, I think FBS is better because it's 1.) more drinkable and 2.) comes in 4-packs.  Having said that, this is a pretty incredible beer that I'll definitely be purchasing again somewhere down the road.  9.8/10

Week 1 of nfl sunday

Week 3

^^Ahhh, that organic farmhouse ale was delicious! Had it myself a week or two ago and was surprised at how much I loved it!

This is me today. Ended up buying the Fat Jack just to say I tried it lol. After 5 Bigfoot and this Fat Jack I should be on a good one. Hope to make it to the night game without falling asleep haha.

picked up some Elysian Night Owl (not my pic) as they FINALLY make it in 6 packs this year

this is by far one of the BEST pumpkin ales out; this literally tastes like pumpkin pie which is how a pumpkin ale should taste :pimp:

Let me preface this review by saying this: I do not enjoy pumpkin beer.  Overall, it just doesn't do it for me.  Something about a jazzed-up brown ale in a pint glass with cinnamon sugar around the rim just rubs me the wrong way.  However, I'd heard a lot of good things about this one so I figured I'd give it its day in court.  Pours a deep ruby color with a fizzy head that dissipates pretty quickly.  After I poured this beer the aroma took over the room.  I was sitting almost two feet away from the glass, but I got hit with overwhelming scents of pumpkin spice, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.  The taste matched the aroma exactly.  Spiced generously, but not overly sweet and dangerously drinkable. This beer is 8%, and I'm just about to finish this one after having opened it roughly 15 minutes ago.  I could get myself into trouble with this.  All in all, this beer made me realize that I have to keep an open mind and not shut out an entire style based off of a few lackluster experiences.  This will probably be the only sixer of this that I buy this year, but I certainly don't regret it. 9.25/10

Last edited:
picked up some Elysian Night Owl (not my pic) as they FINALLY make it in 6 packs this year

this is by far one of the BEST pumpkin ales out; this literally tastes like pumpkin pie which is how a pumpkin ale should taste
pimp.gif
This ale is SOOOOO GOOOD! 

We good over here (nice pick up Based Mod)

Pick ups a couple of days ago...

2 Firestone Velvet Merkin

Ommegang Game of Thrones Stout

Alpine Beer Co Nelson

yeahitsRUST-  yo i should get something small for you by the end of the week. not much but it will be something

Last edited:
weyerbacher_pumpkin.jpg

had this for the first time. this bear is flat out good. its got a great holiday taste to it that isn't too strong, but not too subtle, and its imperial so its packing 8%. its wayyy better than shipyard or dogfish head, although i don't really remember the dogfish pumkin ale so ill have to try that again.

anyways weyerbacher...go grab that. its :pimp:

First tried this at a popular pizza franchise (Mellow Mushroom) & have been drinking it ever since. Just one of those brews that isn't dense/bitter. Goes perfect with snacks, food, etc...

The dip%^*$ employees at our lab completely messed up my resolution this week... I was doing good with cutting back on beer but their constant complaining and horrible work ethic MADE me buy a 4 pack of FS tonite.... The only consolation is that it tastes so good.

Back
Top Bottom