NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Rogue needs to stop.

Capture-72-82-161424924112.png

I don't see how sirracha beer is a good idea. Bottle logic made one a few months ago and it was the 2nd drain pour I've ever had ever. It was straight awful. Sirracha and beer don't blend well together.

Booming Rollers hit LA over the last couple of days.
Good stuff and you guys know I'm not a big IPA guy.
Real fruity, which is how I like my IPA's. No dankness at all.
Canned on 2/17 so it's super fresh.

Also, Parabola '15 is hitting next month. If anyone is up for trades, let me know. Looking for BA stuff.

I don't see how sirracha beer is a good idea. Bottle logic made one a few months ago and it was the 2nd drain pour I've ever had ever. It was straight awful. Sirracha and beer don't blend well together.

was it like a michelada or no...?

Modern Times is pretty good stuff. Just looking at the name and description, it sounds tasty. Fortunate Islands was a surprise hit that I had. Wheat IPA I believe (off the top of my head). Super citrusy and mellow. ABV down a bit.. Lovely stuff.

Parabola? Holy crap. Hit me up.. I don't have much but I'm sitting on a few things.

edit: was right about FI being low in ABV. but its not even a IPA. Just a pale wheat ale.. I caught a bunch of hoppiness all around.. Not in bitterness but so well rounded considering its ABV.. Session friendly for sure.. Im having trouble finding session friendly beers these days

Last edited:
^I've been fiending for some Elevated. Got a baby coming in 6 weeks, so I might need to hit you up and stock up while I can :lol:

Last edited:
tee eye ehm, congrats. Enjoy the subtle time off now. Babies are fun but a workload

First true snow of the year for me here. I'm still 'stuck' sucking back elevated IPAs. I can';t find a season that doesn't work with this beer.. 4 day old cans :x Ridiculous consumption coming soon..

On that same weather note, I did cook up a "guinness" stout stew. In place of guinness was some ten fidy:smh:. I did Guiness FES the last time around and it turned the base a bit more bitter than desired. But TEN FIDY. This stuff right here.. WOW! Some freshly butchered dry aged "stew" meat is making for a hell of a meal right now.

Recipe was this
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/beef-and-guinness-stew-recipe.html
combined with parts of this
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/slow-cooker-guinness-beef-stew/

With some apparent snow left, I may go with a Alaskan Smoked Porter (2008 vs. 2013) bomber side by side later today. I also have some "older" IPAs from the last major pickup I had with Dirtwolf, sculpin, hop ranch, and 4 others. I wonder how a "old ipa tasting" would go. Who would win out... I have a problem. I never seen to be able to drink that "last" beer that you know you wont be able to have for awhile. Anyone else?

With a pending trade, I will try to stay away from any unnecessary brewery visits for the next week.

Last edited:

First time having sucaba. So good and complex. I also had knee deep simtra but it was a reaallly old bottle. I was disappointed.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone!

Been consuming a lot of mediocre to bad beer lately at various parties, but they do serve a function. Party I was at seemed to run out of water bottles in the cooler so I drank a Heineken to quench my thirst and get rid of my parched-ness. :lol:

First time having sucaba. So good and complex. I also had knee deep simtra but it was a reaallly old bottle. I was disappointed.
I'm a sucker for the Barley Wine and Barrel aged stuff lately. That Sucaba is good stuff. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom