NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Was going to ask what you thought of jai alai Chop
It's grown on me. Two Hearted is still my go-to but I'll grab Jai Alai here and there. Pretty good. You?

White Oak on the other hand is an all time favorite.
White Oak Jai Alai was such a strange beer for me.  Didn't know what to think of it.  The flavor was okay, but it was just very...different.  I hadn't had anything like it until I had a bottle of Barrier Atypical IPA a few months back.  Hops and oak are a strange combination, and I don't know if I'm all that into it.

OG Jai Alai and Two Hearted are the jam, though. Those two hold me down when I can't get a hold of fresh Other Half/Grimm/Singlecut.

Couldn't wait for the sun to go down to crack one of these open:

Pretty much a west coast version of All Green Everything at a better price.  Wouldn't mind grabbing another sixer of this.

Just went through a 6 pack of the Waldo's over the last week and it was pretty good. Definitely on the stronger side but it drinks easy. Definitely a very west coast IPA. Haven't had any of the Other Half beers yet but I'd imagine AGE is good if it compares to this.

For the ABV, the booze is about as negligible as it could possibly get.  While AGE is definitely the superior beer, this is no slouch either.  Then again, I'm becoming a sucker for high ABV hoppy beers.

AB INBEV buys another brewery today. This time Devils Backbone out in VA.

It's sad. I think I see GI IPA just as frequently as many local IPAs, when those locals just kick the crap out of GI IPA. But it's on tap because they can buy it for cheaper and its pretty much bundled into their Bud Light/ Bud portfolio. And then can sell it for cheaper, so the unassuming craft type of beer fan may not even notice.

Really disheartening. Makes me never want to buy beer again. Who's next?

Missed out on the Waldos' release earlier this week. Hopefully there's still some leftover somewhere :nerd:

Sipping on this tonight. Pretty basic DIPA. Citrus and peachy notes. Super bitter finish.

Bells is supposedly expanding distribution to TX in 2017... quite a long way away but im pretty excited regardless.

I've touched on this before but small local breweries are popping up everywhere and making such good beer. I think that may be part of the reason I'm getting lazier to rush out anymore. My sister and I went to Sprechers in WI this week and they had a nice list of drafts. Really enjoyed them. 

With that said, I don't know if I straight missed Parabola or the allotment of 3 bottles my spot usually gets hasn't made it's way here yet. 

Last edited:
Tried the Lagunitas Waldo last night for Kobe's last game. Didn't actually read the label or know what type of beer it was. Wasn't expecting a 11.5% TIPA :lol:

Finally got my grubby little hands on this one: 

Lives up to the hype.  Kind of reminds me of a hybrid between Afterimage and Lambo Door.  I was only able to get one can, but best believe I'm on the lookout for more in the upcoming days.

Snagged a sixer of Waldos today. They also had 4-packs of KBS (no restrictions) but passed. They were priced at $24. Not sure if that's the going rate or not. What are you guys paying?

Back
Top Bottom