NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

picked up the Sumatra because someone in this thread said it was good. I'm sitting here perplexed how singlecut bottles are noticeably smaller than eviltwin yet singlecut says a pint and 9 Oz and evil twin a pint and 6 oz. I don't think it's the glass because I can see a difference in width at the fill lines
SingleCut bottles are one pint and 0.9 oz., not one pint and 9 oz.

Ohhh that makes sense, I was a little twisted when I wrote that and read it wrong. Not sure I ever had any other pint and.09 oz bottles, any idea why singlecut went with that size?

Any of my NY NT'ers trying to help a West Coaster out?

:nerd:

I need some Genesee brew scotch ale.

I was sent to work in upstate for a week last month and love this stuff.

Done with that bomber or 500ml crap

Today's haul

Thanks TW and their coupons for American craft beer week.

And thanks dos equis for continuing their Cinco de mayo sale until may 31st

Dropped 52 bucks for everything.

SUCKS was 7 a sixer. 13 days old. A wower for sure. LA cumbre elevated, 2 days old, so Frickin cheap. Their beer a international style lager, who is on their second award winning gold medal. Frickin great bud light alternative.

Heard great things from here about Sumatra brown from founders. They will be tried tomorrow.

Last edited:
Founders Sumatra is cool. Wish I got more bottles.

Breakfast Stout is still stocked at my local spot, so may have to scoop some more.

Last edited:
Fbs was so plentiful around me as of many of my last posts. Down to just 3 4 packs now. No one in town has anything. Makes me wonder that I should've stocked up even more. 14 bottles to last another 90 days. I think I'll be okay lol.

Brewing up a a left hand milk stout clone brewed on Scotch ale yeast. Show me where you'll find that locally. Our wee heavy smells amazing. Don't see how a milk stout scotch ale yeast wold fail us. The coffee secondary fermentation and or vanilla bean is some of our options. Well be ending up with abut 31 gallons of home brew between just a few of us. Price point is tooooo too pretty for the 'basic' brews. Home brewing is worth it.

I'll try to get some on the sight photos tomorrow.it's not easy but the end result is usually really nice

Last edited:
Been on a heavy stout wave lately ever since I got back from London. Usually drink Guinness but like to explore. What are some great chocolate stouts?

Been on st arnolds 5 oclock pils, HARD
Hopadillo
Austin kardigan
Santos
staycation
Rodeo clown

Been dippin and dabbin im texas IPA's and im swayin more and more away from modelo and michelob.

Are those chocolate stouts any good? Whats it like? A chocolate shake?

Last edited:
Don't know about stouts,but chocolate porters are good.I just learned the difference between the 2 like a week ago :lol:

Been on a heavy stout wave lately ever since I got back from London. Usually drink Guinness but like to explore. What are some great chocolate stouts?
Southern tier chokolat is a more prominent chocolate stout, full of real chocolate flavor.

So many other stouts use chocolate malt, a flavored malt base to add to other malts. You'll hear many people exclaim that they taste anything from chocolate, coffee, roast, burnt smoke flavor all coming out of their beer.

Guiness is a dry stout. With its lower abv, it has subtle chocolate flavors

Youngs double chocolate stout is a sweet/milk stout. Real solid. Samuel smith has an organic chocolate stout. Fbs uses unsweetened bakers chocolate at the end of their boil. Lots of great options imho. Do u like the sweeter stouts? Almost anything has more flavor than Guinness. Nothing against it at all but it's just on the lower end of the spectrum

Last edited:
Despite being a fan of beer and trying as many as I can, I don't follow this thread and really track the new beers I try.. until now.

There's a bunch of local draft beer spots really close to me and I'm going to make a better effort of hitting them up, especially more local FL beers.

Last night tried Central 28 Ideia coffee porter which was pretty good but really intense and strong in the coffee flavors.

Breckenridge Vanilla porter which is a favorite of mine

Tampa Bay Full Moon Madness which was a pretty standard porter and smooth, especially after that Imperial porter.

I need to get into more IPAs but I wasn't a huge fan from the few I've had in the past. Definitely need to give them another shot.

Hit up the Other Half release today.  Definitely a crazy release (I was 50th on line at 5:30AM
mean.gif
) , but it was much more well-managed than previous releases.  

Anyways...onto the beer:

First pick of the litter.  Collab with Beavertown from England.  Noticeably darker than their other IPAs.  Hop bill is Equinox, Mosaic, Hallertau Blanc, and Summit.  Other Half describes it as "dank strawberries and sweet flowers."  I can kind of see that.  A little more herbaceous than they're selling it to be though.  Never really had spelt, so I can't say what flavors/mouthfeel its imparting on the beer.  Either way, off to a good start.  

Breakdowns of All Citra Everything and the Cellarmaker collab (All Dank Everything) to come.  Happy Saturday, NT!

Round 2:

This beer isn't just a clever name.  One-dimensional hop bill, but that's not exactly a bad thing in this instance.  Citra bomb.  Nice mix of fruity and dank.  ABV completely undetectable.  This one would be dangerous if they sold it in larger quantities.  Forced to savor this one. Prefer this to the Beavertown collab.

Anybody tried the Terrapin PB&J porter?Im intrigued but don't want to waste the money if it isn't any good.

Intermission beer:

Beer Table Table Beer left over from two weekends ago.  Session IPA dry hopped with Citra, Galaxy, Amarillo, and Mosaic fermented with brett. Price for the bottle was questionable, but I'll be damned if this isn't pretty nice.  A nice beer to split with a friend.

Rounding out the series:

Cellarmaker collab.  Hop bill is Cascade, Citra, Nelson, and Motueka.  Honestly the most disappointing of the cans today.  Nothing "dank" about this beer.  Lots of tea notes with a generalized sweetness.  Meh. Off to the BeerAdvocate ISO:FT forums I go.  Already got a few people offering up some fresh Trillium beers.  They can't all be winners, I guess.

Southern tier chokolat is a more prominent chocolate stout, full of real chocolate flavor.

So many other stouts use chocolate malt, a flavored malt base to add to other malts. You'll hear many people exclaim that they taste anything from chocolate, coffee, roast, burnt smoke flavor all coming out of their beer.

Guiness is a dry stout. With its lower abv, it has subtle chocolate flavors

Youngs double chocolate stout is a sweet/milk stout. Real solid. Samuel smith has an organic chocolate stout. Fbs uses unsweetened bakers chocolate at the end of their boil. Lots of great options imho. Do u like the sweeter stouts? Almost anything has more flavor than Guinness. Nothing against it at all but it's just on the lower end of the spectrum

Thanks for the detailed response Wally. I do like sweeter stouts from the ones I've tried. Will keep in mind the ones you mentioned :pimp:

Rounding out the series:

Cellarmaker collab.  Hop bill is Cascade, Citra, Nelson, and Motueka.  Honestly the most disappointing of the cans today.  Nothing "dank" about this beer.  Lots of tea notes with a generalized sweetness.  Meh. Off to the BeerAdvocate ISO:FT forums I go.  Already got a few people offering up some fresh Trillium beers.  They can't all be winners, I guess.

Bummer you didn't like this collab. Cellarmaker makes really good hoppy beers. I was just at the brewpub yesterday. Mo' Nelson is :smokin

Back
Top Bottom