NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

The blue moon seasonal are crisp and refreshing. Ommegang witte is my fave beer to eat with, doesn't affect either the flavor of the food or the beer.

And I love that women are active participants in this thread.

Just picked up one of my fav summer beers for the first BBQ get together of the season

^ I have never seen that Summer Love beer before... I'll have to keep an eye out for it. I usually like stuff from Victory.

^ I have never seen that Summer Love beer before... I'll have to keep an eye out for it. I usually like stuff from Victory.

Ah man came out as their summer seasonal in 2011

It's amazing, I kill these down at the Phillies games at Citizens Bank Park

Two of these with my boys during the Mayweather/Guerrero fight. :nthat: If you have access to this and love IPAs,,,, grab all you can find!

Two of these with my boys during the Mayweather/Guerrero fight.
nthat.gif
If you have access to this and love IPAs,,,, grab all you can find!
I've been skeptical about bourbon barrel aged IPAs.  I can see the bourbon and vanilla notes working well in stouts and scotch ales, but a beer that's supposed to be floral and citrusy?  Then again, Founders makes some of my favorite beers so I trust their judgment.

want to get my hands on some DC brau but they dont sell in MD.

m going to look like a fool carrying some on the metro or bus but ive heard good things and dammit i want to try some.
laugh.gif

Last edited:

Two of these with my boys during the Mayweather/Guerrero fight. :nthat: If you have access to this and love IPAs,,,, grab all you can find!
I've been skeptical about bourbon barrel aged IPAs.  I can see the bourbon and vanilla notes working well in stouts and scotch ales, but a beer that's supposed to be floral and citrusy?  Then again, Founders makes some of my favorite beers so I trust their judgment.

My friend, I would not steer you wrong. Doom is one of the best IPAs I've had in recent memory. And for it to be a Founders "limited release" its relatively easy to find. I bought mine without having to call around or chase distribution trucks. And the price point isn't too high either, 11.99?! I have seen up to 14.99 though... I wish I bought a few more!

The hunt begins! I really like founders and I'm a huge fan of bourbon barrels but I love IPAs so I'm curious to try this one.

Chimay
Red stripe
Bud light/bud light lime
Guinness
Corona with a lime
Pbr for those cheap nights

Trying this 1 out, pretty boring

word? my coworker told me about it...was kind of amazed they made a fruit infused IPA. still want to try it tho.

had this recently tho.

Heady Topper Double IPA. Can Only. VT only. it was amazing. but getting it is no joke, my friend brought me a can back from VT. its quickstrike if its sold outside of VT. like yeezys.

word? my coworker told me about it...was kind of amazed they made a fruit infused IPA. still want to try it tho.

had this recently tho.

Heady Topper Double IPA. Can Only. VT only. it was amazing. but getting it is no joke, my friend brought me a can back from VT. its quickstrike if its sold outside of VT. like yeezys.
A lady friend of mine that lives in Vermont brought me back a case during Thanksgiving break. Attagirl. 
pimp.gif

Another rare sighting.We are going on 4 months with the same homebrew... This is likely the last photo of the Amber Ale 7-8%abv. Light hop presence.

I hadn't had a chance to take a photo of this one until last night.. We did an experimental batch... With some leftover wort (unfermented 'beer') from another batch, we decided to try something different with a few gallons of extra wort..

This is a Mint Sage Root Beer Blonde Ale.
We added a 1/2 ounce of sage from the garden, 1/2 ounce spearmint, and just 1/4 ounce of hops, and had some left over rootbeer extract from a root beer kit, and combined it all together.

The smell is marvelous. Slight hint of root beer with just a touch of mint/sage. The base of this beer is a Blonde ale, already a bit light in many flavors. The fruitiness has always stood out, due to the yeast we use, so the sweetness of the beer mixed with the new ingredients is almost a perfect match. This one is being moved up from experiment to a full 10 gallon run next time around.

------
93TillnIfinity, I'm guessing you hate the traditional taste we all mainly grew up on. With thousands of choices today, you WILL find something you like, guaranteed. The others posting about wheat beers and belgium wits are right on. Without getting into specifics, since the beer distribution game is all jacked up, H

ere are a few styles i would look for when buying.

I would start with the following:
-Blonde Ale's
-Cream Ale's
-Belgium Wit (think Hoegaarden and to a lesser extent Blue Moon (a beer that many jump into first as they try something not ending in Lite)
-Pilsners and Lagers may carry the same characteristics that you didn't like initially. But you will find some great beers along with some not so great beers in every genre. The best lager I have had in awhile is Weihenstephaner Original. It should be distributed in many states.
-Hefeweizens. If you like bananas, these beers have the slightest hint of that.
-Marzen/Octoberfest beers.. These are geared towards session drinking.. Biscuity/breadiness flavor in the backbone
-Stouts. If you like coffee and/or chocolate, this may be for you.
-Fruit beers. I love Pyramid brewery Apricot Ale.... There are many others using all sorts of fruits that may be to your liking.
-Amber ales, brown ales, and red ales are a toss up. Many of them are hoppy. You kind of have to check with the internet before making a random purchase

My list above has excluded anything with a large hop presence.. Your Pale Ales, IPAs, double Ipas may be what you like initially. But for most, the hop bomb beers are acquired tastes.

Also depending on where you live, different breweries distribute to only select states. So a recommendation on a specific brew may not be totally helpful.

Root beer blonde ale sounds legit. Where can I get some of that?

had this recently tho.

I hated the aprihop...agree that it is boring. But is heady topper the brewer or is that the name of the double ipa? I live 20 min from vt so it might be worth the drive.

Back
Top Bottom