NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

I fell head over heels for the latest Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest.. Not as dark and biscuity as say a Sam Adams or Goose Island. But not as festivally light as a Weihenstephaner Festbier. It's a perfect balance

I fell head over heels for the latest Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest.. Not as dark and biscuity as say a Sam Adams or Goose Island. But not as festivally light as a Weihenstephaner Festbier. It's a perfect balance
My go-to spot had a Sierra Nevada flight night last Thursday.  One of their reps was there and gave us some pours of their barrel-aged Ovila and the Oktoberfest.  Both were winners in my book.

my local rite aid got these for 9.99 a 12 pack. bought like 4 of them and it lasted me two weekends. prevented me from going out :lol:

Redhook_IPA_Six-Pack.jpg

Been getting crazy lately. My roomate loves making pickles/other pickled things so we decided to whip up a few jars of pickled eggs brining in Other Half Green Diamonds.  They're almost ready for consumption.  Will report back this weekend.

And yes...those are big chunks of onion/garlic/jalapeno

Last edited:
Current situation

Solid choice. I always have a couple when I'm in FL on business.

Visited my old stomping grounds in MA last week. Hit up Cisco on Nantucket while I was home. Still a great spot to visit (fresh oysters,scallops etc.) and a great atmosphere but the beer is in dire need of a reworking.
They have the right idea but every beer offered is just lacking.
Tried the anniversary grapefruit IPA and was unbelievably underwhelmed.
http://s60.photobucket.com/user/admerr/media/97ECE15D-21CE-4595-A851-FAA633E5BF00.jpg.html

http://s60.photobucket.com/user/admerr/media/8164373F-D8CB-418E-BF41-0183EFF3D33F.jpg.html

Suggestions on a bottle shop to check out in Philly or surrounding area?

May be in Cherry Hill area for a weekend next month and I'll most likely go to Joe Canal's in West Deptford, NJ but I would like to check out somewhere in Philly as well if I get a chance

Craft beer outlet and craft heaven are well reviewed on Ba but some ppl complain about the pricing but it's already expected to be high in Philly...is there pricing inline w/ the rest of Philly or higher?

StillIn729?

does anyone use untapped? i havent really looked through this thread.

and also any NT fam out in vermont that could hook ya boy up with some heady topper?

did a back to back tasting vs pliny the elder and i def prefer heady topper for its more balanced profile.

introducing my beer background: took multiple beer classes at UC Davis under Charles Bamforth, I have a project in the making for an IPL, have enjoyed ~150+ beers and growing, and NT fam since 05. 

anyone in the bay area if youre ever down for beer tasting etc im down

i def wanna get active again and i'll more than likely be checking out this thread daily. cheers

Last edited:

and also any NT fam out in vermont that could hook ya boy up with some heady topper?
did a back to back tasting vs pliny the elder and i def prefer heady topper for its more balanced profile.

introducing my beer background: took multiple beer classes at UC Davis under Charles Bamforth, I have a project in the making for an IPL, have enjoyed ~150+ beers and growing, and NT fam since 05. 

i def wanna get active again and i'll more than likely be checking out this thread daily. cheers

Welcome.
untappd: jnance88
Heady pops up every now and then in here. The only Heady I've ever had I got from an NT'er.

Can you get pliny pretty easily? 

I live in CT and honesly we get a good selection of beers ... Sip of Sunshine is def one of my faves ...where can i find other people to trade with I would love to try a Pinly the Elder

And that Xocoveza new release looks dope I found out about the oriiginal one through this thread about a year ago

Can you get pliny pretty easily? 
yeah, relatively. i'm from the napa area so theyre pretty easy to get at like a local whole foods, 

whats sip of sunshine like? too lazy to google tasting notes aha

Last edited:
SOS > Heady > Pliny
But I haven't had Pliny in a long time.
Let me know if any of you are willing to trade Pliny for something. I can get Mass beer with ease (treehouse) and should be getting some VT beer (heady, SOS, second fiddle, etc) within the next couple weeks if I get a chance to make a trip.

yeah, relatively. i'm from the napa area so theyre pretty easy to get at like a local whole foods, 

whats sip of sunshine like? too lazy to google tasting notes aha

SOS is just hands down amazing. It's got fruity citrus notes with pine and is just fantastic. Probably my favorite IPA at the moment. Had a case of it 2 months or so ago but it did not last long at all.

I just made untappd even though idk how to use it yet add me and also i can get most beers that I put up on my IG so feel free to add me as well on Ig

Untappd; yosoyelmejor
Instagram: y0s0yelmejor

Back
Top Bottom