NT, what is the spiciest thing you have ever eaten?

Last time I went, they throw the little cups in the bag for you. I don't even take them. Don't even want to be tempted.
laugh.gif

Thanks man. Will order this week. No local places carry it ?

I'd almost thing you'd either have to be of age or it is illegal. Imagine some kid buying it and eating it without knowing how hot. They'd hurt themselves.

Last time I went, they throw the little cups in the bag for you. I don't even take them. Don't even want to be tempted.:lol:

:lol: I always put like 5-6 drops and a lot of white sauce. I had a home girl who we told it was beyond spicy and she didn't listen and downed the little cup on a bet and almost died. :lol:

i love spicy food. :D  i like munching on thai chili peppers and jalapenos as a snack.

spiciest thing i ate was a lao salad. 

:grocedoutface

Brick Lane Curry House in NY. my tongue almost fell off.

We should have a NT summit there. :lol:

so glad to know i'm not alone on the halal sauce mistake the first time going. took the medium hot sauce too and still almost had to throw it away after 4 bites

That red halal sauce aint eem that spicy to me. My threshold is a little weird, i can take most foods deemed as spicy by many with no problem, but can't take foods like peperoncinis. Yes, those pickled peperoncinis will have me sweating bullets. Haha

This chick named appelonia, I am pretty sure she got her name from the 1984 Film Purple Rain. I was about 18 at the time.

Last edited:
Ohh .. I thought we were just specifically just talking about the halal guys.
yesa i was talking specifically about halal, most of them put the sauce on for you. Places that let you put it on yourself is irresponsible. I ODed.
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Word, just give me the white sauce, bro (pause).

If I'm here, I'm more than likely drunk. I'm already gonna have the liquor *****, last think I need is for it to burn.:x

I'm lost. I've been going there for years and they've always had the sauces on the side for you to put them on your self .. unless you're talking about a different place..
At 53rd and 8th they have the sauce on the side, but at most of the smaller carts around the city they'll put it on for you

So a lot of times, they're rushing to serve the next customer so they start squirting the sauce on your food before you can tell them not to

Ohh .. I thought we were just specifically just talking about the halal guys.

yesa i was talking specifically about halal, most of them put the sauce on for you. Places that let you put it on yourself is irresponsible. I ODed. :lol:  

The place on 6th ave and 53rd is called "The halal guys". I didn't know people referred to all carts as "halal". :lol: I've been to other carts and they have watered down hot sauce. The spot on 53rd has really really hot sauce and the sauce is self serve .. you gotta hit that cart up.

Laotian style Papaya Salad (its called Tum Mak Hoong in Lao or Som Tum in Thai)
linsayhi-151651.jpg

The Lao version is very spicy and the Thai version is milder and more sweet. both delicious and go great with grilled chicken and sticky rice. The Lao version have me sweating and tearing up tho. dat dere good spicy.
pimp.gif
this or straight up red thai chili pepper and salt

http://www.thaigourmethouston.com/

They offer four levels of heat. Mild, Medium, Hot, and Thai Hot. I had read in the reviews that no one gets the Thai Hot. I decided to get the Thai hot because before going there I had never had a single Thai place serve the food spicy enough for me. 

I sweated so much. It was definitely the most intense heat I've ever had in anything. The only thing that's come close was some ghost pepper salsa I got from a farmer's market in Norco California.

I'm pretty good with spicy foods and never had anything that made me want to stop eating the food until I went to Buffalo Wild Wings and told them to give me the Blazin wings and the waitress told me if I was sure and I said yeah and when I tried them it hit me really quick with burning sensation on my tongue that I started sweating crazy lol

Back
Top Bottom