NTers who joined from 1999 to 2002....come in here real quick.

Word, I agree with a lot here. All I want is mostly OG's. These new gimmicks Nike/JB are pulling is straight ridiculous. It's crazy how the classic Bulls home/away cw's are seen as boring. It boggles my mind, those are the hottest cw's and are classic, how can they be wack?

The whole rsvp/bot thread is like Chinese to me. All is see is a guy who types in all caps bragging that he gets every release. Chrome extentions, having 5 tabs open, you need 1000MB down/up, trying on your phone, twitter grabbers, man I don't even know what they be talking about.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

It's so serious dudes is really upgrading their internet and RAM.
THIS x 100 
laugh.gif

Seriously doe, how you been 10 plus years and still don't have connections to not have to deal with all the camping/twitter bs?

First joined in 01.

I cant stand what this has become..... its like freaking Beanie Babies nowadays. All anyone cares about is how limited a shoe is and what it could re-sell for. This has really turned into ridiculous kids game and pissing contest.

People always bought Js and Nikes because they had a "cool" factor, but there was also a high level of comfort and functionality that was expected to come along with the shoes. Now they're only selling the look of the shoe with no regard for the performance and technology that made them so great in the first place and kids just gobble up whatever crap Nike produces every weekend.

Seriously doe, how you been 10 plus years and still don't have connections to not have to deal with all the camping/twitter bs?
I am my connect, and where I'm connected at, the game changed. There was no way around it. 

First joined in 01.

I cant stand what this has become..... its like freaking Beanie Babies nowadays. All anyone cares about is how limited a shoe is and what it could re-sell for. This has really turned into ridiculous kids game and pissing contest.

People always bought Js and Nikes because they had a "cool" factor, but there was also a high level of comfort and functionality that was expected to come along with the shoes. Now they're only selling the look of the shoe with no regard for the performance and technology that made them so great in the first place and kids just gobble up whatever crap Nike produces every weekend.
Agreed. I hate how people post VNDS or worn X amount of times, shoe isn't even clean, then they want to charge way over retail at that? What part of the game is that? 
mean.gif

Everytime i come to NT i keep seeing them ugly ***** 5's with the elephant print all over... WTF is that :x :smh:

No way in hell i would wear that. But im sure JB through some gimicky name on them and people go crazy over them.

Joined a couple years after OP's cutoff but i been lurking since forever it seems.
i realized that at the young age of 27 i am too much of an old man for the sneaker 'game'
im not good enough at the 'netz, dont have time too camp and refuse to get raped.
Once i couldnt GIVE Nike my money, i had to chalk it up.
just rock vans and GR stuff.

it was easy for me to get black laser 4s, mita af1, and 1st DMP pack with they dropped than it is to get a pair of GR jordans( im looking at you white/cement 4s, royal 1s!!!!)

I'm not into kicks hardly at all these days. People will buy anything now, just to say they have the latest kicks. I also don't care about fakes, all shoes are probably made in the same sweatshop anyway. If they protect your feet then they're real. Americans are suckers for good marketing.

The whole RSVP/BOT thing really killed it for me. It's like human vs machine, just for some damn sneakers :x - I literally have not been able to buy a pair of sneakers since this whole thing came about...

If I see a shoe I like, I basically have to hope no one else likes it...Social media as a whole has definitely contributed to this new form of sneaker buying and selling (Twitter, IG, Facebook). That and the prices and quality make it a rariety for me now to buy a new shoe.

Waking up at 5am (PST) to hopefully catch a link? Lining up or camping out? Nah Im good, I cant justify that at this point in my life, nor do i want to.

Started in '00 as Vanillafreak13 on ezboard. Lost my name during one of the changes.

I LIKE WHERE THE GAME IS NOW.

Let me explain...

Back in the day a TB was a huge find. I still remember getting some TB flightposites II's from Jersey Joes. That rare TB was awesome. I still rarely walked in em, but I wore them. Now TB and crazy colorways make a shoe more accessible to more people. How many people hated the colorblocking on certain shoes and couldn't find a pair to rock? Now if you want the Lebron XI in a certain color you can be rest assured that Nike will probably make it eventually.

All these releases probably do hurt resell value, but that is ok with me too. I mean I like to wear my shoes once or twice so why not wear em now?

Nike raising the prices is good and bad. I feel like it takes the reseller out of it a little more which is a good thing. Yes I flipped shoes in the past, but mostly to fund my hobby. Now it is harder to do and I am ok with that. The one thing I do hate is that as a size 13 Nike is killing me. By the time Ntown and HOH managers help their buddies there are no larger sizes for me.

Not the same. Back then you didn't have a name for it, you just liked sneakers. It was cool to be on NT, because there was a community that liked sneakers also.

Now EVERYONE wants to be in to sneakers. I don't love sneakers for other people, I love them because I like other sneakers. It's not about impressing other people.

Having to jump through hoops competing with people who just want them to sell or to post it on instagram.

I remember when the space jams first released, and it was trending on twitter. You had a segment bragging about getting them and another clowning on people for getting them and the way people were acting. Like really, sneakers are trending nation wide? Fast forward now, and the norm is people caring about sneakers. I remember thinking then, this thing is about to change.

I think sneaker sites, blogs and forums have been good for the sneaker culture, but twitter and instagram have hurt it. For the most part social media is all about unimportant people feeling important, where you can feel like a friend of a celeb and "talk" to them, and it brought that to the sneaker culture. Now you have a bunch of people trying to impress strangers.

I'll talk to people sometimes and I'll ask if you like blahzay blahzay and I'll get naw, I had those as a kid. I'm like that's why you should want them, because of those memories, not because of what you saw Kanye wearing or because that's what everyone else likes.

Never really had a passion for them to begin with.

Shoes led me here when I was 13, but it wasn't like that for me. I found the sports forum and that was that.

Found out about NT around 2001 or when time they gave the AJ retro 11 its own forum

My first shoe that I buy with my own money was the Air more uptempo Blk/white/red and I paid with it from saving my lunch money thru the months and starving to death. They need to retro these!!!! but I honestly haven't care about shoes in years. I've lost interest.

At one point I had more than 130 in my collection. bought the majority of my shoes 2000-2007 when buying shoes was easy and not the crap you have to go thru to buy a shoe these days. The quality of JB shoes is such crap now so I don't even bother. Sold my collection and have about 25 pairs left that I wear on a regular basis (foams, a few jordans, lebron 7, and 8)

i used to only post in the AJ forum and a few months later, Khlav Kalash or something like that put me up on the general forum. I'm glad he did cuz Id probably wouldn't even be here anymore if it wasn't for the general forums

Everytime i come to NT i keep seeing them ugly ***** 5's with the elephant print all over... WTF is that :x :smh:

No way in hell i would wear that. But im sure JB through some gimicky name on them and people go crazy over them.

They already have and they sold out :rofl: :rofl:

Ugly *** shoes :smh:

Found out about NT around 2001 or when time they gave the AJ retro 11 its own forum

My first shoe that I buy with my own money was the Air more uptempo Blk/white/red and I paid with it from saving my lunch money thru the months and starving to death. They need to retro these!!!! but I honestly haven't care about shoes in years. I've lost interest.

At one point I had more than 130 in my collection. bought the majority of my shoes 2000-2007 when buying shoes was easy and not the crap you have to go thru to buy a shoe these days. The quality of JB shoes is such crap now so I don't even bother. Sold my collection and have about 25 pairs left that I wear on a regular basis (foams, a few jordans, lebron 7, and 8)

i used to only post in the AJ forum and a few months later, Khlav Kalash or something like that put me up on the general forum. I'm glad he did cuz Id probably wouldn't even be here anymore if it wasn't for the general forums
who is that in ur avy :nerd:

who is that in ur avy :nerd:

honestly I don't even know. Someone posted on my FB and had to use it as my avy since I love big boob mexican chicks

Man, I don't care about sneakers at all anymore. I use to be in the Jordan forums all day but it's been years since I've checked it out. :lol:

I'm glad tho, **** was an expensive habit. I still own most the Jays I purchased back in the day but they are just sitting there collecting dust now.

Pretty sure my join date is wrong. Been here since 01 or so.

Still love sneakers. Don't buy as much as I used to and still have plenty to rock.

Love being able to see new Cement IVs on my feet. I know the shape and materials ain't the same. But the look takes me back to a happy place :lol:

Still doing AM1 and AF1 ID's. Buying retro J's and runners.

What's happening around the sneakers doesn't change my actual interest in the sneakers.

And no, I'm not a "sneakerhead". I just like sneakers.

Funny story.... I went to the mall the other day and I was wearing a pair of Lany 5's that I found in my storage while recently moving. I bought this pair back in like 2003 or something at the camarillo outlets for like $50 i think...

I walk into Shoe Palace at the Northridge Mall where a bunch of ike 20yr olds are working.

I swear these kids like 3 of them were surrounding me asking me all kinds of questions like how i got them, when and where i got em, like seriously excited.

One of them even ran to the back and got another worker just so he can see them.

I told them how old they were and where, when and how much i payed for them and they couldnt beleive it.

I walked out of there and told them I would come back with a fresh pair of Steel X's before they retro again once i go through my storage again....

Another time I had a pair of Wheat 13's and this dude at footlocker was asking me when those came out, I was like "bruh i have no idea, i got these like 7yrs ago"

Last edited:
Sup...been here since before NikePark.

Don't really care about sneakers like that...(mostly just clothes) and I stick to OG colorways and models if I do.

Ironically enough, it was ppl on boards like this around that time frame that ruined this so called "culture".

Back
Top Bottom