#NTNurses RNs (Registered Nurses)/Student Nurses Of NikeTalk Official Thread.

Guys i made it through nursing(adn) school!! I graduate may 12th woot!! Any suggestion on prepping for boards?

You guys who taken the ADN programs were your grades really good?
I have a c in AP1 and looking at a c so far in AP2 I might be a blessing to squeeze in a B. I still need Micro. Want to know what might chances will look like.

Guys i made it through nursing(adn) school!! I graduate may 12th woot!! Any suggestion on prepping for boards?

Congrats man!!! I graduate end of May! Feels so good.

You guys who taken the ADN programs were your grades really good?
I have a c in AP1 and looking at a c so far in AP2 I might be a blessing to squeeze in a B. I still need Micro. Want to know what might chances will look like.

I averaged all B's on the main classes like Anatomy,Physio, Micro, and English. The schools I applied to wanted an average of 3.0 on all of my prereqs so I barely made it. They also only accepted the TEAS test be 62% or higher on the first try. Once that was met, the final decision with a pool of students were selected by lottery and I was one of the lucky ones. It would be very difficult to get in with all C's. Look up the criteria to schools you are applying to and make sure you are able to meet them. Good luck man.

Current circumstances have me taking Anatomy in the summer.

9 - 10:50 lecture
11:30 - 1:20 lab

M, T, W, TH :x

I'm going to get through it, though.

With an A :smokin

If you guys get a chance to get into surgery, I'd strongly advice it.  During clinicals, get at least a day or two to shadow and see if its right for you.  Then look for peri-op programs that big hospitals offer.  6 extra months of paid training thats stressful but incredibly interesting and rewarding.  

Good luck to those that are finishing school/starting new jobs. 

Last edited:
^Surgery is awesome if you're about the chillin life. Get to play music, work as a team, and definitely some down-time.

Good $, but it's a specialty field, so not many areas you'll feel strongly transferring to if you end up not liking surgery.

I'm just about to enter my last clinical placement at the end of the month and trying to plan for the future. My last placement is going to be in oncology (Clinical Trials) but I really want to get into pediatric oncology. Anyone working with this patient population?

cool, i was hoping if anyone can give some pros and cons with case management. Im currently an LVN working in a SNF and i feel like i want to do something else besides passing meds. then i recently met with another LVN whos doing case management and she encouraged me to take the work shop. Anyone have any insight?

ADN graduate wooot!

^ congrats

started my last 10 weeks of lpn/lvn today
smokin.gif

already have my classes registered for the fall so I can finish my prereqs for bridging to ADN

crazy how fast this year has went but I've learned a lot and can't wait to wrap it up in July
happy.gif

didn't think I'd juggle being a parent, student, and working full time so well....its been stressful but handling stress trying to achieve something you truly wanna be is worth it

Last edited:
was any of you scared to start a RN program. im still in the process of looking for a school and decided im just gonna go all in and do it but im still scarred to actually do it lol. idk why im scarred but i think its cause i worry about what if i fail and waste all that money because i couldn't pass a certain class or test. but ive realized you gotta take chances if you want to move ahead and better yourself to have a good career. 

was any of you scared to start a RN program. im still in the process of looking for a school and decided im just gonna go all in and do it but im still scarred to actually do it lol. idk why im scarred but i think its cause i worry about what if i fail and waste all that money because i couldn't pass a certain class or test. but ive realized you gotta take chances if you want to move ahead and better yourself to have a good career. 
"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.” - Hellen Keller

Scared? Nah.. It was different being in another county for school(i traveled 60miles in one trip to school and home). My advice, network, learn people personalities. Dont give them too much trust, the reason for learning people personalities is to find who you can possible go to if youve missed something or if you dont understand something you feel they may can help.. There were a few know it all's and privelage people in my class, i used them to acquire possible job opportunities since they worked in the institution i was interested in.. Just remember everyone in your class can be a valuable resource.

Hoping I can get some help in here.

So, my girlfriend and I were planning on moving from California to Oregon this summer. She is currently a LVN in cali. She's been a LVN for 6 years. Has never missed a student loan payment.

As you know in order for her to work in another state as a lvn she needs to transfer her nursing license and she needs her transcripts to do so.

But today she went to her school and got the bad news that they won't give her her transcripts until her student loan is paid off. Even tho she pays it every month. Which means we're ****** and cant move to Oregon.

Please tell me there's a way that she can get her transcripts. Im really not trying to stay in the bay any longer than we have to. Help me NT brudrens.

Call the Department of education for California and whoever accredited her school, tell them the deal. Works about 50% of the time.

If that doesn't work out, refinance your loan. Go to another lender, hopefully get a lower rate and pay off the school loan. Now they'd be paid off, and you owe $ to somebody else.

Hope this helps, good luck.

Appreciate the help. I'll post the outcome in here.

I dont really understand why they wouldn't give her her transcripts. Seems like a stupid rule.

Bro that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard and sounds like a ******* lie.

did she go to a private school?

what if you needed official transcripts for school? they can't deny her transcripts.

Is anyone a member of STTI (Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society)? Received an application for membership and wondering if it's worth it...

What sneakers yall rocking? These huaraches giving up on me... Thinking about clark gtx

I wear Flyknit 2's. I've been on telemetry for a year now, have an interview on the 18th for the ED. I like my floor, but I'm just bored and want a change.

Back
Top Bottom