#NTNurses RNs (Registered Nurses)/Student Nurses Of NikeTalk Official Thread.

So how you guys liking the nursing life so far?

Some people I know love it and some say they feel more like a server getting stuff for patients :lol:

Some people I know love it and some say they feel more like a server getting stuff for patients :lol:

I think that mostly depends on the patient you have. ICU most are intubated so they're not asking for anything. On the tele floor I can get some needy, anxious wrecks. I like my job and can't complain.

Quote:

Some people I know love it and some say they feel more like a server getting stuff for patients
laugh.gif
When I worked day shift med-surg  
sick.gif
. Now I'm in dialysis and lots of autonomy/downtime, love it.

Alfa.. Little advice for yah! Go in thinking youll take 265, protect your patient at all cost! Look at scenarios look at the patient thats not stable!

I actually just got a DUI. I'm trying to bring it down to a reckless. :frown:

Any of you guys know of stories that people were able to get in to the school or even being able to get licnesed? Thanks

"The first thing that will happen is that you will be denied a chance at taking the NCLEX. This will come in the form of a letter from the BRN and at the end it will give you two options. The first is to go to a formal hearing (which can take up to a year) or go into a stipulated agreement with the BRN (which I did). Once the BRN receives your response they will have the attorney generals office draft up a statement of issues. The SoI takes about 3 months. When the AG's office is done with the document the BRN then decides what action they will take which are 1.) deny you a license (which wont happen) 2.) continue with licensing or 3.) send the statement of issues back to the AG's office to continue establishing the terms of a probationary license. I was issued a non-probationary license but I think it all depends on your supporting documentation and the circumstances surrounding your case. At the least you will get a probationary with some ridiculous terms and be able to practice. I would get all of your cards lined up. If you have the time get an evaluation done by an addictionologist to send in with your paperwork when you go to apply for licensure. It may cost you around 800 bucks but from what I hear it's worth it. I didn't need one but if I had to give any advice to anyone it's to have one done. That way the BRN can rest knowing that an MD has stated that you don't have any issues with drugs/alcohol" 

http://allnurses.com/nursing-licensure-criminal/my-success-story-743924.html

Do you guys have any shoe recommendations? It's for my mom and she's been complaining about heel pain/overall foot and leg pain due to all the standing during her shifts. 

Thanks

Last edited:
Hoping I can get some help in here.

So, my girlfriend and I were planning on moving from California to Oregon this summer. She is currently a LVN in cali. She's been a LVN for 6 years. Has never missed a student loan payment.

As you know in order for her to work in another state as a lvn she needs to transfer her nursing license and she needs her transcripts to do so.

But today she went to her school and got the bad news that they won't give her her transcripts until her student loan is paid off. Even tho she pays it every month. Which means we're ****** and cant move to Oregon.

Please tell me there's a way that she can get her transcripts. Im really not trying to stay in the bay any longer than we have to. Help me NT brudrens.
this doesn't even make sense 
eek.gif
 ...I'd fight that unless the school itself gave her the loan. If it was from the government or an outside lender then they have no right to hold her transcript like that. 

Bruhs!! Clarks fenway edge is a goooood shoe!! Theyre neutral and feel really comfortable.. Ive got some slip on sketchers too lol with the memory foam.. Im scared my knees are gonna gonbad because of them

Just finished my anatomy course over the summer...

Straight aced that ***** :pimp:

Feels good, man.

I had withdrawn from that class twice before because I felt I wasn't enough (in all aspects of life tbh).

Now that I've killed off that weakness, I feel like nothing can stop me.

Onward & upward.

Hope everyone else in here seeking to become an RN is doing just as well if not better.

Just finished my anatomy course over the summer...

Straight aced that ***** :pimp:

Feels good, man.

I had withdrawn from that class twice before because I felt I wasn't enough (in all aspects of life tbh).

Now that I've killed off that weakness, I feel like nothing can stop me.

Onward & upward.

Hope everyone else in here seeking to become an RN is doing just as well if not better.
I need to take mine I drop with a W like 3 years ago cause I wasn't ready and serious enough but now I want to get my career going

Anyone ever considered being a respiratory therapist? What's the difference I mean I know they just deal with respiratory emergency.

Respiratory therapist have a great deal of responsibilty, its more than emergent sitautions.. They help set up ventilators, assist nurses in weening pts off the ventialtors when orders are in.. They primarily start breathing treatments, they draw blood(arterial blood gases), I think job stability is there too.

Anyone ever considered being a respiratory therapist? What's the difference I mean I know they just deal with respiratory emergency.
Difference is you go to RT school and make less money lol. But nah, I think it's a cool career def a big difference from nursing. You will see a lot of the same stuff over and over.. Lots of asthma and COPD pts. Giving breathing treatments all day long would get boring to me.

For the people that took pharm during the RN program, how did you manage to memorize most of the meds? There's seriously too many for my brain to handle at the moment.

For the people that took pharm during the RN program, how did you manage to memorize most of the meds? There's seriously too many for my brain to handle at the moment.

Categorize the meds and memorize them from there.

It helped for me. You got this.

-Drew

Hey, does anyone have any study tips for Microbiology? Today was only the 2nd class, and I already feel like it is going to be a hard class. This is the prereq I am dreading the most.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom