NT's All Time NBA ReDraft Thread: GR8 Write Up Page 187, Bracket Final Vote

JD's pairing of D12 + Ibaka is just bull ****. :x Like, damn man, let me score down here. :lol:

And he even added YOLO Bynum to the mix :wow: .. I also like how Chester went with Mutombo and KG, imagine Mutombo waving his finger in your face and KG talkin **** in the background after a blocked shot :lol:

LTB your team is my favorite 
happy.gif

captainsneakerhead23 captainsneakerhead23 I got questions to ask... And I Hope You Got Some Answers...

Top 5 Starting Lineups (no particular order):

@CP1708
@Al3xis
@Seymore CAKE
@PMatic
@Mamba MVP

Top 5 Bench (no particular order):

@awwsome
@Seymore CAKE
@CP1708
@Al3xis
@bhzmafia14

But not a top 10/15 Team?!?!?!

View media item 1713202

Something's wrong with the math, I know I can add y'all :lol: :rofl: |I :smh:

Last edited:
seymore cake seymore cake honestly Cake I know we're Bulls fans till the end but your Duke affiliation was just too much for me to overlook :rofl: :rofl:

Seriously tho, I could've sworn I added you to the Top 15 but it looks like I missed you in that portion. Cut me some slack, I used the "@" function about 50 times in that post, I was due for a slight hiccup :lol:

EDIT - fixed it for you broseph :nthat:

Last edited:
I ain't even coming back in this thread since my old *** team ain't gunna get ANY love.

I got you bro, I actually wanted to take a little bit more time analyzing your squad and BeEazy. Maybe even Champ's too. Figuring out how some of those guys would translate into this era of ball is something I find really interesting.

You'LL probably get a better breakdown from guys who were alive to see most of your squad play outside of Penny and English :rofl:

Your win shares is LIT tho :pimp:

I'ma just ramble for a bit

Champ
PG Mo Cheeks
SG Hal Greer
SF Michael Jordan
PF Nate Thurmond
C Robert Parrish
B George Mikan
B Dolph Schayes
B Jack Twyman
B Bob Dandridge
B Bob Love
B Slater Martin
B Gus Johnson

This made me sad. MJ, with a bunch of folks I know nothin about. :lol: This team prolly has greatness all thru it, I got zip on their game(s)

I was hopin to see MJ get paired with Blake G, and Kawhi, and Mutumbo etc. Not moved to SF. :frown:

Cake
PG John Wall
SG Vince Carter
SF LeBron James
PF Bill Laimbeer
C Bill Walton
B Sam Cassell
B Rip Hamilton
B Tayshaun Prince
B David West
B Andrea Bargnani
B Chuck Person
B Vinnie Johnson

One of these dudes ain't like the others......... :lol:

Fit/scheme wise, I might like West at the PF, Bill off the bench as the C. But there's a lotta dog on this roster. Lotta dog.

franchise
PG Kevin Johnson
SG Michael Cooper
SF Sidney Moncrief
PF Dennis Rodman
C Kareem Abdul Jabbar
B Terrell Brandon
B Wally Szczerbiak
B Jamal Mashburn
B Terry Cummings
B Rik Smits
B Rolando Blackman
B Brian Grant

Really strong bench. Really balanced squad. This is one of my "sleeper" type teams that could sneak on some folks.

Allen
PG Walt Frazier
SG Paul George
SF Carmelo Anthony
PF Chris Webber
C Wilt Chamberlain
B Rajon Rondo
B Hersey Hawkins
B Reggie Lewis
B Sam Perkins
B Roy Tarpley
B Richard Dumas
B BJ Armstrong

Lot of sex. But, if we speakin truth to each other, Wilt, Web, Melo......lot of playoff pee down some legs, no? :nerd: Clearly, on a team together, they have the fire power to put your lights out. But I mean......Dumas and BJ got more Finals shine than your starting lineup, right? Team wise tho, talent wise, sex. Webber/Rondo/Lewis were heavy on my radar, I know Perkins would be a find, and I used to love Dumas when he was hot. Like it, a lot.

Big J
PG Russell Westbrook
SG Eddie Jones
SF Paul Pierce
PF Tim Duncan
C Mark Eaton
B Derek Harper
B Dana Barros
B Draymond Green
B Ryan Anderson
B Amare Stoudemire
B Michael Ray Richardson
B George Johnson

Lot to like on this roster. But, fit wise.....Eaton/Dun get in Russ/Eddie/Pierce's way, no? I know you could lineup fit them all better, prime Amare at the C, with Draymond at the PF, you'd turn into the Suns, but better. Then again, the slow it down Pierce with Dunc, Harp, Jones, etc, defensively, lot to play with here.

Addict4
PG Derek Fisher
SG James Harden
SF Dale Ellis
PF Dirk Nowitzki
C Ben Wallace
B Klay Thompson
B Mark Aguirre
B Sleepy Floyd
B Vin Baker
B Bobby Jones
B Bonzi Wells
B James Edwards

My God the shooting. :x
My God the defense :x

I would have been with you more if you went all in with O. So, if you went Amare at C, instead of Ben, the hub of Amare, like Dream, gives him 4 shooters surrounding him, good luck doin a damn thing. That's your play. With Ben, no one needs to guard him, it "lessens" the space. And you have a ton of it to murk with. You already punted defense, why try with one guy? Best defender in the world can't do nothin with 4 stiffs backin him. Ben gets wasted in this set up.

But.......

I'm lookin at ya, and you go small,

Fish
Harden
Klay
Ellis
Dirk

Jesus Christ. :x

DJ's
PG Stephon Marbury
SG Mitch Richmond
SF Scottie Pippen
PF Antwan Jamison
C Arvydas Sabonis
B Larry Nance
B Antoine Walker
B Jerry Sloan
B Reggie Theus
B Rudy Tomjanovich
B Bison Dele
B Kendall Gill

Another underrated team. More balanced than I think people realize. Really solid 12.

LTB
PG Jason Williams
SG Clyde Drexler
SF Jimmy Butler
PF Anthony Davis
C Yao Ming
B Derrick Rose
B Danny Green
B Giannis Antetokounmpo
B DeAndre Jordan
B JJ Redick
B Nikola Vucevic
B Hassan Whiteside

Love a lot of your squad, but I have never been a Jason fan. Gimme Rose and I would want to see you match up with some folks. Really like your bench too.

SoHi
PG Kyrie Irving
SG Rick Barry
SF Kawhi Leonard
PF Kevin Durant
C Rudy Gobert
B Manu Ginobili
B Nick Van Exel
B Paul Milsap
B Sean Elliott
B Brooke Lopez
B Kenny Smith
B Michael Kidd Gilchrist

Kawhi, Durant, Gobert, with Nick, Manu, Kyrie........man after my own heart. Love ALOT of what you have there. But also some names I wouldn't want to mix in there. Love that frontcourt tho.

JA
PG Isiah Thomas
SG Ron Harper
SF Elgin Baylor
PF Jerry Lucas
C Bob McAdoo
B Elton Brand
B Damian Lillard
B Zach Randolph
B Monta Ellis
B Lou Hudson
B Cedric Maxwell
B Jo Jo White

Some nice Finals glory in there. And you got some baaaaad men in there come crunch time, but against all timer's, in a series, Lucas and McAdoo is all you got? :\ And while Brand was a baller, he's undersized as well. I have a feeling you'd have some issues inside.

BHZ
PG Gary Payton
SG Brandon Roy
SF Ron Artest
PF Karl Malone
C Marcus Camby
B Anthony Mason
B Terry Porter
B Hedo Turkoglu
B Doug Christie
B John Starks
B Tree Rollins
B Juan Carlos Navarro

Like your starters a lot, but your bench loses me. Hedo and Mason are my two favs tho. And we talked earlier about your spacing, true shooting when it came down to it, Roy/Payton/Artest would worry me a little. But defensively, a lot to like obviously.

JD617
PG Chris Paul
SG Andrew Wiggins
SF Adrian Dantley
PF Serge Ibaka
C Dwight Howard
B Joe Johnson
B Andrew Bynum
B Mookie Blaylock
B Paul Pressey
B Carlos Boozer
B Alvan Adams
B Eric Bledsoe

When it's frisky time, slide Wiggins to 3, and Bledsoe to the 2 and holy **** And if you have truly healthy Bynum, and his footwork offensively, with CP3 feeding him, and prime Joe out and about.....Another kind of sneaky team. Really solid squad

Statis
PG Steve Nash
SG Dwayne Wade
SF Bernard King
PF Shawn Kemp
C Theo Ratliff
B Latrell Sprewell
B Mike Bibby
B Dale Davis
B Kenyon Martin
B Caron Butler
B Darryl Dawkins
B Calvin Murphy

Really strong roster. C spot is "weakest" link, and isn't all that weak really.

ECook
PG Penny Hardaway
SG Alex English
SF Dave DeBusschere
PF John Havlicek
C Walt Bellamy
B Dan Issel
B Gail Goodrich
B Bill Sharman
B Spencer Haywood
B Cliff Hagan
B Bailey Howell
B Chet Walker

I know the names, I don't know the games. I can't personally do anything with this. But I will tell you, I feel a little like I do with Champ, I feel sad that I didn't get to see Penny listed with a Reign Man, and a Pippen, and a Steph, etc. Because Prime Penny deserved to have a lineup around him of post 50's players to ball with. :lol:
I know you got Bill Simmons HOF pyramid guys locked up, I just don't know what they can on the court or what skillsets they give me. I can read their stats just fine, but I don't know how that translates across the time of basketball eras. But I am going to ask my father for his imput, he might be able to shine some light for me. I will get back to you.

For the ones I haven't broken down, I will. This is not a list of teams I like or don't, it's me thinkin stuff out loud, jottin notes, and commenting in real time. I will get to the rest of you, I promise. At that point, I will give my votes.

Top 3 teams by Modern Rules. (Illegal defense, no handcheck)

So for modern era rules I would value, shooting, mobility on defense, and pick and roll and less value on isolation, high volume post up behemoths, and non 3 point shooting perimeter players.

top 3 in no order.
CP1708
PMatic
JD617

CP's got a lot of shooting, with highly versatile defenders coming off the bench. LMA could be stretched out to the 3 point line for better spacing. Chauncey is an underrated PG, gets forgotten because he was really good at everything and lacked that eye popping skill.

PMatic
Lots of high quality 3 and d guys surrounding rant Hill who I presume will be the offense engine and primary ball handler, Marc Gasol and Bosh can play so many different roles really flexible pieces you want in todays game.

JD'S Dwight and Ibaka would be a nearly impenetrable 4 5 combination. They combine girth with mobility, it would allow CP3 to wreak havoc in the passing lanes. The CP3 Dwight pick and Roll is like the best possible version of his Hornet days with Tyson Chadler, Need to get Wiggins out the starting lineup tho.

Hounrabl mention: SoHi, DJ's. Addict4

Top 3, 78- early 2000ish. (no illegal defense rule, handcheck)

Harder to zone guys, harder to send extra bodies at people so this makes isolation and post up players more valuable. also hand checks makes it more difficult for smaller PG's to dominate. mobility on defense less important, size, and ability to create one on one more important.

Top 3
Cake
Awwesome
Allen

If we playing by 90's rules I think Cake's team works really well, the outside shooting is not much of a problem. John Wall is the type of physical specimen that would hold up over heavy headc hekcign and physical play. Lambeer's less than ideal mobility at PF is not much of issue to under those rules. Defense would be formidable, with Walton and Lambeer. Lebron James I presume is the primary ball handler, and he has an immense physical advatage in any era and in an era when it's easier to take advtage of mismatches I think lebron would eat all day.

Awesome
Hakeem is a bit of a reach but he and blake griffen would be a handful especially when you can islate mismatches with high low passes from blake to hakeem. I think Bo Outlaw was a canny pick up, tought guy perfect for this era who can d up multiple positions. Peja gives you the size you covet in the 90's era with the shooting you want in this era.

Allen
In a game that usually devolves into attacking mis matches I want the guy with the biggest physical advantage, and physical advantages don't get bigger than Wilt Chamberlain. Maybe the GOAT but often gets left out of the discussion becuasse bill russel lived 30 years longer to convince everyone that he was better. You have another isolation monster in Melo who would fit in perfectly with the one on one battles of pere illegal defense NBA and heavy enough to hold against ha ndchecking defenders.

Pre 3 point line. smaller lane

Centers. Centers. Centers. They control everything that happens on court, no 3 point line renders all but the most effecient 3 mid range perimeter players significantly less valuable especially PG's. Value guys who can see over defense and make passes in small windows.

Franchise
Allen
Mamba

Franchise has Kareem who's probably the perfect player for that era because the sky hook is effective regardless of the amount of space on the floor. Rodmans defense and rebounding plays up and his lack of shooting matters less.

Allen has Wilt which to ends most of the conversation in a pre 3 point line league but he also has Chris Webb who's passing is perfect for all the different cutters they run around post players in 50's and 60's offenses. both Wilt and Webber can make those passes in tight windows.

Mamba got Kobe who I think is one of the shooting guards suited to this era, tall high volume perimeter shot creators who can work out of the post are proabably the best type of gaurds. Boogie I think would be an absoulute monster pre 3 point line, not only is he is just a physical mismatch, he can also pass the ball whoch is important becuas eos much of the offense tends to run through the cneter pre 3 point line.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom