NT's All Time NBA ReDraft Thread: GR8 Write Up Page 187, Bracket Final Vote

btw, I don't consider Admiral better than Hakeem, the main reason I brought it up is simple: there are around 5 centers that are arguable w/ him. It's really a choice on who you think is better and why.

There is no one in the same boat as Magic.
There is no one in the same boat as MJ.

spuofbsep17-be-31349-2011-09-17jpg-a3510175e00280f5.jpg

Statis, how do you rank the 5 best Centers all time? You have Dream #1?

Me personally I like to steer clear of players I've never seen play while at their peaks hence why I like to stay clear of debates when I comes to guys like Magic & Bird. That being said I do feel Hakeem is the best center I've ever seen play but in terms of historically I'd rank him 3rd behind Kareem & Wilt. Hakeem's 3 year peak from 92-95 stands toe to toe with any great center or any great player regardless of position.

center is the deepest and most impact position so saying there 5 centers you could argue with hakeem doesn't necessarily mean x perimeter player is better.

center is the deepest and most impact position so saying there 5 centers you could argue with hakeem doesn't necessarily mean x perimeter player is better.

Understood.

But you can easily debate Kareem, Wilt, Shaq and I guess Russell (tho none of us can prove it)

MJ is clear.
Magic is clear.

So you have 5-6 legit options, and Hakeem jumped ALL of them?

Christ, Kareem went EIGHTH. :lol:

It's one thing to try and sneak Dream into the top 5, but #1? That's reaching a bit.

*shrugs* I know awwsome will build a strong team around him, but he coulda built just as strong around Kareem, MJ, Magic, Wilt, Shaq, etc.

Understood.

But you can easily debate Kareem, Wilt, Shaq and I guess Russell (tho none of us can prove it)

MJ is clear.
Magic is clear.

So you have 5-6 legit options, and Hakeem jumped ALL of them?

Christ, Kareem went EIGHTH. :lol:

It's one thing to try and sneak Dream into the top 5, but #1? That's reaching a bit.

*shrugs* I know awwsome will build a strong team around him, but he coulda built just as strong around Kareem, MJ, Magic, Wilt, Shaq, etc.

I agree with you, im just saying its not completely insane.

Kareem suffers so much for his prime being before the NBA exploded in popularity. he doesnt ever seem to factor into GOAT discussion, when his resume might be the most compelling.

I do find it interesting that the current top 10 players in the league sans maybe one guy have been taken already. But it's been a nice mix of old and new especially considering most of us here never saw these old timers play in their heyday.

Dream wasn't making it past 6 with RetroBaller but I def thought MJ was going 1 and Magic in the top 3.

Last edited:
My biggest issue with the Hakeem pick was the justification behind it.

I would have had absolutely zero issue if awwsome said: I love Hakeem's game. He is an all time great and my favorite player. I have the #1 pick and that is the only pick that I will hae the chance to draft my favorite player. So That is why I went with him.

No problem. Great rationale. I get it.

But that's not what he said. He tried to justify the pick by claiming he is the clear cut best center of all time and worthy of being the first overal player selected in the history of the game. That is just insane to me. First overall. :lol:

Like many have said, Hakeem is a top 5 center. One could make just as compelling an argument that he is 5th than one could that he is 1st.

It was all about his explanation. People can draft however they want. Just be honest. You like the player. That is why you took him. That is what I did with Iverson. Was he the best value where I got him? Probably not. But I loved Iverson. Collected the Question shoes. And I knew he wouldnt be there the following round. So I admittedly reached a bit.

Better than Shaq, Kareem, Wilt, Russell? Eh.

You have every right to that opinion, but you're lonely with it, and you know it. But like I said, I liked the guts of goin with it. I'm just moreso debating the rationale of it is all.

Nah, I'm with him, I believe Keem is the best center to ever play the game. I had planned to take him with my first pick as well. I've never seen a big with his combination of offensive & defensive skill, size, footwork and I've watch footage of everyone you mentioned. But I do agree it is an unpopular opinion.

My biggest issue with the Hakeem pick was the justification behind it.

I would have had absolutely zero issue if awwsome said: I love Hakeem's game. He is an all time great and my favorite player. I have the #1 pick and that is the only pick that I will hae the chance to draft my favorite player. So That is why I went with him.

No problem. Great rationale. I get it.

But that's not what he said. He tried to justify the pick by claiming he is the clear cut best center of all time and worthy of being the first overal player selected in the history of the game. That is just insane to me. First overall. :lol:

Like many have said, Hakeem is a top 5 center. One could make just as compelling an argument that he is 5th than one could that he is 1st.

It was all about his explanation. People can draft however they want. Just be honest. You like the player. That is why you took him. That is what I did with Iverson. Was he the best value where I got him? Probably not. But I loved Iverson. Collected the Question shoes. And I knew he wouldnt be there the following round. So I admittedly reached a bit.

I didn't pick Hakeem just because I like him, I genuinely believe he was the best center.

He played in the toughest era and torched everybody.

Of course Kareem and Wilt have arguments but they didn't play in an era as competitive as Hakeem.

His peak is as good as any player to ever step on the floor. He dominated both ends in what some of yall think was the most talented era of NBA basketball.

Don't compare my pick to your AI pick, that was just a bad pick from a value stand point considering your PG and PF are just high usage guys who aren't great defenders.

You should watch your own team construction before you worry about who I pick.

i'll bet 150 awwsome is getting upset at everyone questioning his strategy.

Never that, this all for fun and debate at the end of the day.

Nobody with really sound basketball knowledge is questioning my picks anyway, if seamanup doesn't agree with me then I know I'm on the right track.

Been patiently waiting for Chris Bosh.

Bout damn time. :lol: Good pick, P.

Oooooohhh, Kidd/Hill/Bosh? Mmman, that is shaping up to be a really well rounded team that just quietly gets it done. Like you play them and they hardly talk, to you or even to each other. Just play. But every time you look at the score, they're up. :lol:

7861932.jpg

Skills, smarts and size.

Gasol
Bosh
Hill
Kidd

wow, i thought marc would last til round 5 for me :lol:

looking at the people selecting before me this go around...it might get ugly for me ..i hope not, though

Last edited:
Wanted Marc as my backup big. :lol: :smh:

PMatic has a SQUAD so far, no holes besides 3pt shooting and there are plenty of guys that will be available for that

OOOOOOH, you're picking Marc, too? :wow:

Bruh, that's a squad. Not going to break any scoring records, but I like how well rounded it is.

Kidd can get a rebound.

Bosh could run the break if need be.

Hill is one of the most well-rounded players ever.

Marc is a great passer out of the post, or making the right pass on the perimeter before setting a screen for... your scorer. :wink:

Last edited:
[quote name="Mamba MVP"][quote name="rck3sactown"]If you had the #1 pick, you were taking Kobe?[/quote]Nah I'm not stupid. I'm taking Magic :wink:[/quote]For real? You would? What was that wink for? You really would?

Back
Top Bottom