NT's All Time NBA ReDraft Thread: GR8 Write Up Page 187, Bracket Final Vote

nance.jpg

I have no idea how Paul Arinzin 1 handed push shot jumper, he used against mostly his white competition would fare in the modern NBA.

Last edited:
why does race matter?

:nerd:

imo because its an indication that the league wasn't exactly a meritocracy and the best players werent always playing.

Bill Russel said one of the biggest reason the celtics were so sucessfull is becuase Red Aurbach didn't adheare as closely to the unspoken "quota system" In terms of howmany white players you had on a roster.

The guy last played in a game 25 years before most of us were born. This is why there've been so many modern players chosen. I'd rather pick a guy who I've at least seen film of, if not seen him live. I'm not gonna pretend I know anything about Paul Arizin.

Last edited:
Given how much more efficicent he was compared to most perimiter players at the time, and given that he was known for shooting, I think we could probabaly assume that if he was given a modern jumper he would have been a good 3 point shooter.

*Confidently picks Jason Williams.*

ezgif-4092431395.gif
I am reallyyyyyyy upset this gif didnt work....
This ******* cracked me up. Well done.  
roll.gif

As for Houston, I agree with JRS' take. I don't think Knicks fans overrate him, mostly because of his contract. But also because he didnt play with that reckless abandon that endears so much to the NYC fanbase like Starks or Sprewell did.

I mean, James Dolan certainly ******* overrates him; getting into bidding wars against himself during his playing days, and handing him front office positions and whatever the **** he wants in his post-playing days while continuing to **** over our greatest player in franchise history, but that's really about it. 
laugh.gif

But to say that Houston was a product of his era and there are much better 2 guards out there right now? FOH with that.

If anything Houston's long, 6'6 frame and sweet jumper would have fared better into today's fast paced game more so than it did in the late 90s/early 2000s when the NBA was slower and more focused on D.

Especially right now, like as in 2015. Houston was always overlooked in his prime as one of the bests because he played in the same era as MJ/Reggie and them when he was young and then during his prime it was all about Iverso, Kobe, Vince, T-Mac, Ray Allen, even Spree on his own team, etc. etc.

In 2015 there isnt nearly as much depth at 2 guard and I certainly dont think there are any 2 guards available in this draft who are currently in the league that would have been a better pick than H20. Especially if you were looking for shooting.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom