NT's Hottest MCs in the Game

its important to remember that this rap **** is a young fellas game. what is a common misconception is the difference between being the hottest and being the best. the fact in the matter is that because hip hop is so fast pace, the person who is the best today could easily be replaced next week by any random kid out there with a soundcloud. 

another problem with weighing out the best in the game today is that there are so many different level to rap. Kendrick & Cole have a powerful message for the people, but for those who live the street life, Jeezy and Kevin Gates and Future are telling their story, and then when have the party rappers who only seem to make club music like the Rae Shremurds and any other rapper with a dance to go with their track. 

So easily are the lyricist like Wale, Jay Electronica, and Logic looked over in the midst of music that is much easier to digest

not to mention all the unsigned mic killers like Chance the Rapper, Big Krit, and  even the Migos

to keep it 100, there will probably never be one singular crowned king of rap, dont believe me? think about this

Lil Wayne is one of the best rappers alive

T.I is the kiing of the south

Eminem is a rapper from the mid west who broke records world wide with his lyrics 

Jay Z is a living legend

Andre 3000 mastered the art of word play

Kanye West changed the sound, look, and content of rap music

Drake found the harmony between hood dreams and raw emotion

Nicki eliminated all other females in the game

and Gucci is the trap GOD

none of them can be crowned the best in the game

they are dope rappers, but they only represent one portion of hip hop, everybody is not into what Cole had to say on FHD or Born Sinner, let alone the message Kendrick sent on To Pimp A Butterfly. (I love both artist and they are in heavy rotation when even im listening to music)

but their are Dope boys out there that want to know people feel their struggle

there are people who are misunderstood and they want to hear people who think like them

and there are people who are just looking for a release from their daily life. 

so yeah its important to have a message in your music but whats even more important is who the message reaches 

they are dope rappers, but they only represent one portion of hip hop, everybody is not into what Cole had to say on FHD or Born Sinner, let alone the message Kendrick sent on To Pimp A Butterfly. (I love both artist and they are in heavy rotation when even im listening to music)

there are people who are misunderstood and they want to hear people who think like them

so yeah its important to have a message in your music but whats even more important is who the message reaches 
its important to remember that this rap **** is a young fellas game. what is a common misconception is the difference between being the hottest and being the best. the fact in the matter is that because hip hop is so fast pace, the person who is the best today could easily be replaced next week by any random kid out there with a soundcloud. 

another problem with weighing out the best in the game today is that there are so many different level to rap. Kendrick & Cole have a powerful message for the people, but for those who live the street life, Jeezy and Kevin Gates and Future are telling their story, and then when have the party rappers who only seem to make club music like the Rae Shremurds and any other rapper with a dance to go with their track. 

So easily are the lyricist like Wale, Jay Electronica, and Logic looked over in the midst of music that is much easier to digest

not to mention all the unsigned mic killers like Chance the Rapper, Big Krit, and  even the Migos

to keep it 100, there will probably never be one singular crowned king of rap, dont believe me? think about this

Lil Wayne is one of the best rappers alive

T.I is the kiing of the south

Eminem is a rapper from the mid west who broke records world wide with his lyrics 

Jay Z is a living legend

Andre 3000 mastered the art of word play

Kanye West changed the sound, look, and content of rap music

Drake found the harmony between hood dreams and raw emotion

Nicki eliminated all other females in the game

and Gucci is the trap GOD

none of them can be crowned the best in the game

"Young mans game" :lol:

Cole, Drake, Future, Wale are all over 30, Meek and Kendrick are 28 or 29...

Same can be said about the portion that dope boys like Gotti or Dolph represent. Everyone ain't into that either.

true. i meant "young man's game" as a phrase not to be taken so literally. the point im making is that rap moves a lot faster than it did just a decade ago. i mean im listening to the radio and they consider songs from '07 throwback jamz. im only 24 but damn, that must make tracks from the 90s pre-historic.

these days you have to drop a mixtape twice a year, do a callabrotive project with another artist and drop an album with minor off singles and free-styles throughout the year just to stay in the spot light

**** like that wasnt a problem for artist when i was younger

so because of the excellerated pace of music artist like 50 cent and Nas and E40 even Jay Z are not gonna get the same attetntion as Drake and Future even though they are just as good, you know what i mean?

exactly. thats the beauty of rap, unlike country rock or gospel there is a form of art for everyone to enjoy whether your are a deep thinker or a drug dealer or even a drug addict. there is something for you in hip hop

Based on that tier system, Drake should in that first one. The gap between him and the rest of the ppl in that tier 2 group is pretty significant.

The apple deal makes it seem that way....but prior to views....he wasn't that far away from Cole and Kendrick in terms of sales..... 2014 Forest Hills Drive sold almost 1.2 million copies....and most of those are actually album sales. 1.2 million sold with no features and little promotion. People underestimate Cole's following and fan base. The realest :pimp:

I don't like how older artists get put on the back burner when it comes to these so called "lists"

Keep it a buck we got Future on this list not because of his studio releases Pluto,Honest ,DS2 and Evol.

Its because of his mixtapes in between albums.

So if Fab or whoever is still putting great material how can it not be considered relevant? Or "hot"

Just because it's not popping on ITunes or whatever mainstream platform people deem credible these days.

Fab cooking up a Freddy and Jason mixtape with Jada and his new album.

But some how we all focused on Drakes latest brick and try to add him to a list. Dude wave rode Future and stole half of Quentin and PNDs album last year and dude still flourishing on lists. Smh. No knock on Drake he's very talented, but dude got exposed and that dropped him down even further with Views

With Future's mixtapes....they were being bumped nationwide. Mixtape cuts...made it to radio and clubs as singles. Without a push. Commas, March Madness, Real Sisters, Lay up, Trap ******. That had a pulse nationwide that started with the streets....and ascended into the mainstream. That's "hot".

Camron put out Crime Pays (Get it in Ohio :pimp:) and Boss of All bosses round 09-10....those were good projects...but they weren't "hot". I could name 10 other rappers that were hotter at that time period. Rick Ross' tapes and album last year were really good. They weren't hot. Quality does not always equal hot. OP wasn't asking who put out the best music the past year and a half...he's asking who's the hottest. Who is getting that reception.

Like Drake or not...it's undeniable that he's the hottest. Again, don't let your personal opinion of an artist cloud the obvious.

Last edited:
Kendrick
Cole
Curren$y
K.R.I.T.
this is a pretty good list lyric and content wise. all of these artist are beyond underrated 

Krit pretty much is a one man band, he writes, produces, and supplies promotion for all of his projects

Cole has a strong message that is easily overlooked 

K Dot is ever evolving as a artist and is pushing the bondries set by the status quo of hip hop 

Most people aint even hip to Jet life, but my man been weed rapin since Wiz was in the 5th grade

If we going by "hottest".....then this is the list:

1. Drake
2. Future
3. Cole
4. Kendrick
5. Gucci Mane
6. Quavo
7. Meek
8. Chance the Rapper
9. Lil Uzi
10. Toss up

1. Drake
2. Future
3. Cole
4. Kendrick
5. Gucci Mane
6. Quavo
7. Meek
8. Chance the Rapper
9. Lil Uzi
10. Toss up

Quavo my guy but if anybody from a group is making it, I'm going with Swae Lee. Is Meek still hot? Feels like he missed his shot with DC4.

Had to double check to make sure toss up wasn't some new ***** from Atlanta.

1. Drake
2. Future
3. Cole
4. Kendrick
5. Gucci Mane
6. Quavo
7. Meek
8. Chance the Rapper
9. Lil Uzi
10. Toss up

Im down with these names but Kanye & Kevin Gates gotta be in there too. I know you dont like either but theyre both talked bout & selling well

I like Quavo more than Gates but Quavo aint got no real solo stuff out yet while Gates bout to go plat somehow lol

I concur. Can't have a top hottest rapper out and forget Gates.

Bouta go plat because he's one of the best out and spits **** that people can relate to without feeling like tampons.

#freekevingates

Swae Lee def deserves a look.....

2 Chainz been killing **** as well. 21 Savage, Young Thug, Yachty, Big Sean, YFN Lucci and A Boogie are on the cusp. As far as newer artist goes.

Kodak, Kevin Gates (Begrudgingly) in the mix as well.

Lucci has no place in the 10. Especially if young ma not, they both had 1 song m hers was bigger

Swae Lee def deserves a look.....

2 Chainz been killing **** as well. 21 Savage, Young Thug, Yachty, Big Sean, YFN Lucci and A Boogie are on the cusp. As far as newer artist goes.

Kodak, Kevin Gates (Begrudgingly) in the mix as well.

Stop. Your original 10 was fine lol. None of them newer guys you named are even hotter than Travis Scott

Last edited:
Im fully expecting the MTV list to be horrible btw. I hate these "Hottest" lists. "Hottest" dont equal best or most talented

Back
Top Bottom