NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

YOU SHUT YOUR STUPID FACE RIGHT NOW !

45 IS A MANS CALIBER, IT KILLS YOUR SOUL, AND IT ADDS 3 INCHES TO YOUR...NEVERMIND

Preachhh

Finished my pistol build. Still have some minor things to tweak.
7.5" barrel. Muzzle break adds another 3"

edit.
Another

Last edited:
it doesn't look like you can get a very good grip on that AFG.

[COLOR=#red]I don't go off of looks. I go to the range and test stuff out. If it didn't handle well it wouldn't be on my firearm. The AFG makes a world of difference on this platform. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]I don't go off of looks. I go to the range and test stuff out. If it didn't handle well it wouldn't be on my firearm. The AFG makes a world of difference on this platform. [/COLOR]
:lol: sorry guy, I wasn't questioning your techniques. Just making an observation from how you were holding it in the tutorial.

[COLOR=#red]The chart below is a comparison of the Winchester Ranger Bonded ammo in 9mm and .45. The Winchester Ranger series are basically improved and upgraded Black Talons. Winchster got a lot of bad press with the Black Talons because of media labeling them as cop killers. So Winchester took the black Lubalox finish of and retained the "talons", did a few improvements and released the Rangers.

The bonded versions created a stronger bond between the copper and lead to improve penetration through solid objects like windshields.

There's not too much of a difference between calibers...the 9mm has more muzzle velocity, but the .45 will have more energy upon impact in most cases. They both are very capable. To be honest the shooter will be the biggest variable.[/COLOR]

Last edited:
:lol: sorry guy, I wasn't questioning your techniques. Just making an observation from how you were holding it in the tutorial.

[COLOR=#red]Yeah my dude, to be honest I always thought the AFG was useless when I would see them on people's rig. It wasn't until my Russian buddy who owns a small gun shop inside a storage unit suggested I try it when I bought the quad rail. I was surprised that it felt so good, especially since I have big hands.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]Yeah my dude, to be honest I always thought the AFG was useless when I would see them on people's rig. It wasn't until my Russian buddy who owns a small gun shop inside a storage unit suggested I try it when I bought the quad rail. I was surprised that it felt so good, especially since I have big hands.[/COLOR]
I finally tried one on my boys AR pistol and I really liked the way it felt. I may grab one for my AR SBR but I'm gonna try a vertical grip first.

I finally tried one on my boys AR pistol and I really liked the way it felt. I may grab one for my AR SBR but I'm gonna try a vertical grip first.

[COLOR=#red]No doubt, ultimately it's what is more comfortable for you. BTW my Russian dude's shop is in Spring right off 45 North. He was originally a Infantryman in the Russian army, now he's a citizen here. He's a Class III dealer and has a wicked collection of Eastern Bloc weapons...including the real Dragunov SVD. I took a pic holding it, I'll find it and post it...yes that thing cost $6k :x[/COLOR]

Where a
[COLOR=#red]No doubt, ultimately it's what is more comfortable for you. BTW my Russian dude's shop is in Spring right off 45 North. He was originally a Infantryman in the Russian army, now he's a citizen here. He's a Class III dealer and has a wicked collection of Eastern Bloc weapons...including the real Dragunov SVD. I took a pic holding it, I'll find it and post it...yes that thing cost $6k :x[/COLOR]
where at? I bought my Tavor out in spring but I think it was called Klein gun and pawn. Yeah it's crazy how much some of these guns are. I deliver to a gun shop out in Richmond and they have the Barrett 50 cal... 13k with sight.

[COLOR=#red]The chart below is a comparison of the Winchester Ranger Bonded ammo in 9mm and .45. The Winchester Ranger series are basically improved and upgraded Black Talons. Winchster got a lot of bad press with the Black Talons because of media labeling them as cop killers. So Winchester took the black Lubalox finish of and retained the "talons", did a few improvements and released the Rangers.

The bonded versions created a stronger bond between the copper and lead to improve penetration through solid objects like windshields.

There's not too much of a difference between calibers...the 9mm has more muzzle velocity, but the .45 will have more energy upon impact in most cases. They both are very capable. To be honest the shooter will be the biggest variable.[/COLOR]

Yeah, truth be told all handgun calibers, with good ammunition, will perform about the same. I happen to like .45 because my M&P45 compact is like a friggin laser, i shoot that the best out of all my handguns. I don't find the recoil on a .45 to be that off putting, I can get back on my sights just as quickly as a 9 (might be because all my sights pretty much have different sights, i need to standardize everything with ameriglo hackathorns), and the mp45c conceals very well while being almost full sized. I have huge paws, and with the extended grip basepad I can get all my fingers on the grip.My M&P9c conceals even better, though my pinky doesn't really fit. And Im truly amazed such a small package can hold 12+1.

I also think .45 is a more accurate round. It's definitely a more diverse round. You can load a 165 grain jhp and push it up to 1200 fps. You can take a 260 gr bullet and have it creep around 650 fps for a load with very slight recoil with a good amount of energy (think bowling pin match). You can swap out your guns recoil springs and tweak it a little and you have .45 super (230 gr @ 1200 fps). Or you can drop in a conversion kit for .460 rowland, a round that gives true magnum performance for your platform.

And personally, I just enjoy shooting .45 more. Now shooting 9mm almost feels like a chore, something I have to do or I feel I should do. The exception is shooting my MP9 Pro 5". That's just a fun gun to shoot. I also get a much better value reloading. I'm saving over 60% loading .45, probably closer to 35-40% reloading 9mm.

At the end of the day, pick the gun and caliber you shoot the best. As they say, all handguns calibers suck compared

Where a
where at? I bought my Tavor out in spring but I think it was called Klein gun and pawn. Yeah it's crazy how much some of these guns are. I deliver to a gun shop out in Richmond and they have the Barrett 50 cal... 13k with sight.

[COLOR=#red]Here's the site https://www.texasshooterssupply.com ...yes it looks horrible...thankfully he's a better dealer than webmaster :lol: It seems as if he moved to a new location in Conroe which I hope it doesn't mean his prices will go up. Dude, his location prior was literally located in a storage facility where he rented a storage unit for a storefront. Made me feel mad shiesty coming out of there with stuff :rofl:[/COLOR]

Yeah, truth be told all handgun calibers, with good ammunition, will perform about the same. I happen to like .45 because my M&P45 compact is like a friggin laser, i shoot that the best out of all my handguns. I don't find the recoil on a .45 to be that off putting, I can get back on my sights just as quickly as a 9 (might be because all my sights pretty much have different sights, i need to standardize everything with ameriglo hackathorns), and the mp45c conceals very well while being almost full sized. I have huge paws, and with the extended grip basepad I can get all my fingers on the grip.My M&P9c conceals even better, though my pinky doesn't really fit. And Im truly amazed such a small package can hold 12+1.

I also think .45 is a more accurate round. It's definitely a more diverse round. You can load a 165 grain jhp and push it up to 1200 fps. You can take a 260 gr bullet and have it creep around 650 fps for a load with very slight recoil with a good amount of energy (think bowling pin match). You can swap out your guns recoil springs and tweak it a little and you have .45 super (230 gr @ 1200 fps). Or you can drop in a conversion kit for .460 rowland, a round that gives true magnum performance for your platform.

And personally, I just enjoy shooting .45 more. Now shooting 9mm almost feels like a chore, something I have to do or I feel I should do. The exception is shooting my MP9 Pro 5". That's just a fun gun to shoot. I also get a much better value reloading. I'm saving over 60% loading .45, probably closer to 35-40% reloading 9mm.

At the end of the day, pick the gun and caliber you shoot the best. As they say, all handguns calibers suck compared

[COLOR=#red]Cotite, the first handguns I shot were 9mm. I shot a full sized Glock 9mm and an XD...I did alright with them but nothing to brag about accuracy-wise. The first handgun I purchased was a .40 Beretta. I hated that dang pistol..sucks it had to be my first one. A few months later I bought a NIB Kimber 1911. It was very easy to shoot and accurate to boot. Then I went to the FNP .45 Tac, I was so accurate with that I started getting the big head and would have contests with my buddies at the range. Then I had deployment training and we were using the Sig P229 9mm for training. I went in thinking I'd be a horrible shot because I was accustomed to the more accurate .45 (at least in my mind). I ended up qualifying expert and fell in love with the Sig so much I bought the Sig P229 at the gunshow in Fredricksburg VA the weekend after by trading my Tac for it.

Now I have two Gen 4 Glock 26s and even without the extended grip mag I'm shooting as straight as my .45s.

What am I saying? I'm saying that at least in my case better accuracy was the result of gaining more experience shooting pistols regardless of caliber.

What I'm REALLY curious about is the 10mm round. They have the Sub-compact GLock 29 that shoots it. Some guys hunt with that cartridge. Probably overkill for personal defense though, even though the FBI used to use it. I'm not a reloader but using ammoseek.com I can find good deals on it.
[/COLOR]

Last edited:
^Platform matters a good bit as well too. For whatever reason, lot of people report the glock 26 has better accuracy potential than the 19 or 17. Sigs are world renown for their accuracy. Of course practice and experience are going to matter more than caliber, but all things being equal, accuracy wise, 45>9

I hear you on 10mm. Most of the commercial loads are anemic and similar to .40 cal. Full power 10mm is a beast, 180-200 grain bullet moving at 1300 fps. Even a 220 gr load is pushing 1200 fps. It's the magnum auto caliber. I'd like to have one, But I just don’t have a need for it (I don’t hunt, and anything in the woods in VA can be stopped by good 9mm ammo), and I don't want to have to put the money into reloading for another caliber, especially one I'm not going to shoot that often. Honestly, I’d like to get a 44 magnum of some sort; that will do anything in the world you could need, including taking out a grizzly. But again, I don’t have a need for it.

Let the cartridge wars wage on!

in the carry calibers yall know where my heart is. One is bigger and inheritanely more accurate. Also now that double stack mags are reliable and easily found. Capacity is kind of a non factor. Should i need to use 15+ rds of ACP in a given situation without reloading it wouldnt matter at all if i had half a dozen more n 9. I will be fighting my way to cover to reload or a long gun.

In the big boy competition (full power 10mm) vs 44 mag vs 45 LC vs 410 etc etc

I think 44 mag is versatile enough to cover any needs id ever have. If i didnt want a 44 wheelie id be fine with a .357 mag and likely get all the same results

I like 10mm alot. ive seen 8 point bucks taken from range with a glock 20. Get some buffalo bore flat noses and your gunna put a hurtin on anything really. For that reason ill take the added cap and reduced control issues with the bigger rds out of a semi.

357 sig is a waste to me.

.22 is the real goat rd. If they werent rimfire and 100% reliable. And had higher cap in pistol configs hahah so not the goat at all but my second favorite cartridge by a good margin. A well placed 22 rd will stop anything short of big game placed properly. Ive even heard of poachers in Africa often time even using the gamo .177 to drop gazelle and such. The lil giys bouncin around in there will scramble a brain quick fast and inna hurry

British sas teams use silenced 22s for assasinations/covert missions

Last edited:
After I get comfortable shooting the 9 I want to give the 45 a chance because I hear nothing but good stuff about it

[COLOR=#red]+1 on the suppressed .22s. SEALs (and USSOCOM in general) use them as well...they call em puppy poppers since they are often used to snuff out guard dogs :lol: Stainless steel finish resists corrosion from the saltwater marine environment they operate from at times. Below is the Ruger Mk2 Amphib with integral suppresor which has been one of my grail guns for some time. I'll get her at some point.[/COLOR]

Last edited:
Man killing gazelle with a pellet gun? :wow: :lol:

I'm a .45 man personally. I feel like I'm way more accurate with a .45 compared to 9mm, but I also think it's the gun I'm shooting sometimes. For instance my m9 SA trigger pull still has a fair amount of play in it, while with the p226 I can shoot as accurate as I would with my g21 or 1911s.

And with that being said, I need to find a dealer who can do sse for a p227. Sounds like the answer to all my problems :lol:

Yup deer with a .177 haha obv has to be a headshot id assume. Im not sure even a pellet to the heart has enough mass behind it to stop it quick enough for you to track it but again bouncing around in a skull the lil guys will do work.

That militarized mk3 is sexy EDW. :pimp:

Puppy poppers lol now i know wheere the term hush puppy derived. Thays what ive always heard em called. Kinda effed up haha

U could go out in the backyard and target practice on vermin if u wanted

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom