NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

I guess you could keep it unloaded and locked in the trunk when travelling theough those states? I go to new England and Virginia a lot so mainly I'd be new York and Maryland giving me problems. The destination states all honor it.
Yeah you wouldn't be able to stop at all in MD with the firearm in the car. You are only allowed to go to a shooting event with a firearm in MD.

I guess you could keep it unloaded and locked in the trunk when travelling theough those states? I go to new England and Virginia a lot so mainly I'd be new York and Maryland giving me problems. The destination states all honor it.
Yeah you wouldn't be able to stop at all in MD with the firearm in the car. You are only allowed to go to a shooting event with a firearm in MD.
damn...

Wherever you feel comfortable and can get to it easy. I carry it on my hip. You will get used to driving in the car with it after a while. And about it sticking out, I know a couple people who carry full size glocks on their hip and you would never know if you were standing next to them. Getting a bigger shirt would fix it sticking out, or a smaller gun.

Last edited:
I've tried IWB (hip) with a compact double-stack and it was uncomfortable as hell. Got rid of that IWB holster b/c I know I'm never going to use it 
sick.gif

I need to find a subcompact single-stack pistol so I can pocket carry in a holster like this. Shot the Ruger LC9s the other day, think I'll end up buying that eventually. Trigger pull is SO much better than the original LC9, and really any other similar-sized gun I've tried. I was surprised at how accurate I was with it, for such a small and light gun.

Last edited:
[thread="249420"]I just got my CCDW in Delaware.  Now I'm going to run over to lancaster county because from what i heard I can obtain my PA license in 15 minute and for a couple dollars.  Having a DE and PA will open a handful of other states.  [/thread]
[thread="249420"]The instructor in my course said VA, MD, and NJ are awful.  Don't even roll through there if you have it on you.  [/thread]
[thread="249420"]<a data-huddler-embed="href" href="https://niketalk.com/members/186728" style="display:inline-block;">@Cards93</a>
  from what i heard, even unloaded and in truck can be a problem.  Especially in NJ but i would also like more clarification.[/thread]
[thread="249420"] [/thread]
[thread="249420"]Random question, Where do you CCDW holders carry at.  I feel most comfortable on the back of my pants but don't personally like it there.  Placing it in the front seems terrible when sitting, driving, and such.  I feel like its more visible on my side.  Just trying to figure it all out.  Plus i don't want my kids seeing it poke out either.  [/thread]

I have a inpants holster to carry mine, now depending on the size of your firearm determines level of comfort. I have a 45acp so it aint exactly small but you would never know that I had it on me. It is uncomfortable though since I usually carry it in front.

I have a single stack .40 m & p with a Kydex holder. It's just gonna take some time finding my comfort zone. I finally got my permit about a week ago so carrying is still new to me.

I present to you my freshly completed ghost.

I started off with this frame.

Used a Drill press to compete the frame.

Installed the trigger w/ a 3.5 connector.

Here is the finished gun.

This was a very different build than an AR. In some areas… easier and in others, a little more time consuming. A fun build nonetheless.
:nthat: :pimp: :smokin

Wow, I had never even thought about the possibility of an 80% pistol, much less a polymer-framed one... interesting.

Pps single stack .40 in fobus holster on my hip. I'm 6ft about 270. I can wear it with bball shorts and a tshirt and not worry about imprinting.

a few things about holsters and carrying....take them or leave them.

- you NEED a good belt and holster if you're gonna carry a typical modern pistol (glock, m&p, etc).

- belt should be at least 1.5" and stiff. It should take effort to fold the belt over on itself. Wilderness belts are good, but might be a little too tactical for the average person. A good sturdy leather belt will work just fine too.

- for the love of god, don't carry it in one of those Uncle Mike's "one size fits all" holsters. Especially if your carrying something ubiquitous like a glock. A rule of thumb, if your holster won't hold the gun upside down, it's time for a new holster

-position is gonna be totally up to you. If you're skinny, appendix carry is worth a look. I'm fat, so I like 2:00-3:15. Right now I'm really liking Custom Carry Concepts Uno. It's minimal, cheap, and just works for me. Biggest downside is wait time (about 8-10 weeks)

http://www.customcarryconcepts.com/The-Uno-version-2_p_47.html

I present to you my freshly completed ghost.

This was a very different build than an AR. In some areas… easier and in others, a little more time consuming. A fun build nonetheless.
nthat.gif
pimp.gif
smokin.gif
wait fam did you build your own gun?? 
eek.gif

what are the legalities of this 
nerd.gif

Pps single stack .40 in fobus holster on my hip. I'm 6ft about 270. I can wear it with bball shorts and a tshirt and not worry about imprinting.
I really liked the (original) PPS when I shot it a few years ago. VERY slim, which is great for concealment. My main issue at the time was price, but it looks like they are way cheaper now than they were back then. I haven't tried the PPS M2.

Yea mine is a gen 1 and I paid way more for it then what I can get one for now. But at the time they were hard to find and I wanted it. Ive seen them as low as 345.00 online. Definitely worth the money

wait fam did you build your own gun?? :wow:
what are the legalities of this :nerd:

The ATF determination letter states that you can legally own a homemade gun. But it cannot be sold or transfered to anyone.

Obviously a little more effort in making one. But owning something that is unclassified, unregistered and untraceable is priceless.

Hawaii laws. Absolutely zero ccw unless you are a Leo, and you can only carry a firearm in your vehicle, unloaded, in the trunk on your way to and from the range or police station. That's it.

It's not much to look at, But I finally got my BLR yesterday. I installed an old Weatherby scope that I had in storage so i can take it for a test drive. :lol:
Just waiting for a few more things in the mail and it'll be all set. :pimp:

Last edited:
Can anyone recommend a LTC class in houston?
Im finally able to get a license. Im hopin i can get it done this saturday.

Updated line up. Im not a Police. unissued Detroit Police M&P 40 from buds guns.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom