NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

Hey anyone from LA or SGV know a reputable gun shop where I can take the Firearm Safety Certificate test?

My home recently got broken into and even though no one got hurt, I realized I may need to have a self defense mechanism in case the worst happens. Of course I would never hope to have to operate a firearm, but I feel it's better to be prepared, and all my military friends have recommended me to go train and get a pistol.

Hey anyone from LA or SGV know a reputable gun shop where I can take the Firearm Safety Certificate test?

My home recently got broken into and even though no one got hurt, I realized I may need to have a self defense mechanism in case the worst happens. Of course I would never hope to have to operate a firearm, but I feel it's better to be prepared, and all my military friends have recommended me to go train and get a pistol.

Firearm safety certificate in CA is just a piece of paper that allows you to purchase a firearm, there is no hands on training involved. You can do this at almost any gunshop (or gun show) aside from places like Big 5 or ****'s sporting goods. I think it's like 27 mindless questions that go along the lines of....

"To be safe you should always point your firearm where?"

A. At a child
B. At an adult
C. At yourself
D. Anywhere it's safe

:lol:

They charge you like $25 and it's pretty much impossible to fail.

Also, you should consider investing in a gun safe because one of the first things they'd probably take if your house were to get hit again (knock on wood) would be your gun.

Firearm safety certificate in CA is just a piece of paper that allows you to purchase a firearm, there is no hands on training involved. You can do this at almost any gunshop (or gun show) aside from places like Big 5 or ****'s sporting goods. I think it's like 27 mindless questions that go along the lines of....

"To be safe you should always point your firearm where?"

A. At a child
B. At an adult
C. At yourself
D. Anywhere it's safe

:lol:

They charge you like $25 and it's pretty much impossible to fail.

Also, you should consider investing in a gun safe because one of the first things they'd probably take if your house were to get hit again (knock on wood) would be your gun.
Thanks for the reply!

Can anyone recommend a 7.5" barrel for an AR pistol build in 5.56? Thanks

Any luck with this find?

From all the sites I scoured, I've came to the conclusion that most of these 7.5 barrels come from the same place. It's either you want a parkerized or a stainless one. Imo, a brand name one is the same as a no brand. Just a name that cost more.

GL

Never knew this thread existed. I know only very basic about guns and only shot a few in my life. What I currently have. S&W M&P 9

Also my dept did some training with our PD. They carry S&W M&P M15s and bruh... That is my next purchase.

Thought my next was gonna be a .22. Something smaller I can conceal one day(not holding my breathe for NJ), but that rifle has me sold.

I've also shot a Glock 40 which I'm really not a fan of at all. Felt very weird in my hand and I shot horrible with it. Too small of a grip design but from what I gathered that's what they were aiming for with that pistol

Last edited:
Never knew this thread existed. I know only very basic about guns and only shot a few in my life. What I currently have. S&W M&P 9

I've also shot a Glock 40 which I'm really not a fan of at all. Felt very weird in my hand and I shot horrible with it. Too small of a grip design but from what I gathered that's what they were aiming for with that pistol
My girl has an M&P 9c. Nice gun.

I've never liked Glock ergonomics- grip angle is wrong for my hand. That's why it's best to shoot different guns to see what works best for you before buying.

So this is the lower I'm going with for my build. Spike's Tactical Zombie.

So when I bought it I noticed that the paperwork never asked the intention of the lower, -pistol, -rifle, or -other. So I asked the shop owner about that. They said that Nevada doesn't ask. So that means I'm not stuck with just one choice, I can go ahead and put on a pistol upper, and change it out with a rifle upper. As long as I never have a buttstock on with a pistol upper, I'm money. Damn I love Nevada. I'll always miss L.A., but can't deal with Commifornia rules.

Last edited:
Wassup wit cali laws, i never hear anythinggood, is it hard to get a license or is it carry laws?

the antihype the antihype That's not a bad price for the barrel. And plenty of good reviews. That lower is also a good buy. Spikes makes pretty decent stuff. Definitely not low end stuff. Check out this video. I myself still refer to this video when installing the lower parts kit. One of the better videos out there!

Los Angeles Los Angeles I agree, CA laws suck. But who is going to enforce them? (imo, how would they know if you have a +10 mag?)
wavy daddy wavy daddy Getting a ccw depends on which county you live in. Some issue them, and others don't. It's the luck of the draw.

Yeah, Spike's Tactical makes some quality products. My boy has a build that he did with Spike's products and it's pretty solid. I'm going to try my best to not make this build, too much of a Frankenstein build. I'm going to use as many original Spikes parts as possible, and mix in some Strike Industries equipment as well.

Ha ha ya back in the day I had a few diff joints I've been eyeing this for years and now I just waiting for the state patrol to update there records but this last week I've rented it at the range twice a lot of people either hate it or love it I've noticed but I love it

Kind of want big caliber revolver...

That's why I copped my s&w model 57 in 41 magnum...high polish blue, pinned barrel, recessed cylinder. With some handloads, it'll send a 210 gr hollowpoint over 1400 fps in a 4 inch barrel. I like it cuz it will do 90% of what a 44 mag will do, with less powder and wear on the gun. since I'm not in grizzly bear country, it'll kill anything I'd encounter in my local woods (and I'm sure it would do okay on a grizzly with the right load)

If money wasn't a thing, or if I didn't reload, I'd try to find a nice 629-2, or 29-2. Hell, even one of the new ones 9and just have the lock disabled). GB has nice brand new ones with some engraving for around $800 or so.

Back
Top Bottom