NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

seattle206

what do you think about the trs-25?
did you shoot it mounted on anything besides a 22?
i was considering it as a cheap RDS for the AR i'm building.
reviews are favorable along with its price.

great pics btw

Originally Posted by eteam o2

seattle206

great pics btw
 If you're looking for a micro dot also look at Primary Arms and their line of micro dots. Now my new gun. I love it.

Originally Posted by AR Guy

seattle206

great pics btw
 If you're looking for a micro dot also look at Primary Arms and their line of micro dots. Now my new gun. I love it.
M&P is getting a lot of good looks my dude!!! I am hearing more and more about them as time goes on. Definitely an extremely capable alternative to the Glocks and Xd's of the Polymer world.

curious for you gun folks..

if you had to pick just ONE gun in each category what would you pick and why?

Handgun
Shotgun
Rifle
Sub-machine/Assault Rifle

please excuse my terminology if I didn't use them quite correctly

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Handgun
Shotgun
Rifle

To me the two most important aspects in a firearm are reliability and ergonomics and all of these weapons demonstrate that (ergonomics will vary from user to user). Well except for the MP5 because I've never even seen one IRL but who doesn't want an MP5 in 10mm.

Handgun - M&P9 (have)
Shotgun - Remington 870 (want to buy)
Rifle (Bolt action) - Remington 700 with accuracy international AICS kit in .308(want to buy)
Sub Gun - MP5/10 (10mm
pimp.gif
) (will never be able to buy
frown.gif
)
Assault Rifle - AR15 (have)

seattle206

great pics btw

Thanks, I did not mount it on anything else but the 22.  It is great little red dot, very durable and quality is good.  Very easy to tweak, was satisfied with it at 75 yards.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Did you pay retail for this?
I want this firearm except the .40 caliber

Handgun
Shotgun
Rifle

HG: Sig 226 9mm, ease of use, reliable, my familiarity with the 220 line.
SG:  Remington 870, reliable, easy to use/strip.
Semi-Auto Rifle:  Imbel Fal .308, reliable, ergonomics
Full-Auto?  Haven't fired one so I can't choose, but I wouldnt really see a reason to have one other than "Awe" factor. 

Handgun
Shotgun
Rifle

Handgun: Heckler and Koch .45 Tactical. (One of the most rugged, accurate, and proven combat handguns ever created...a German masterpiece!!! And just like my HK .45 Tactical my handguns from here on out will all be .45 Cal with threaded barrels so I can keep common ammo and interchange my suppressor once I get it).
hk_usp45tac_lg.jpg

Shotgun: Benelli M4. (This is more shotgun than a man could ever need. Collapsible stock and an extremely reliable semi-auto action is a plus. Also known as the M-1014)
2hgu0yc.jpg

Rifle: Knights Armament SASS: (The new Semi-Auto Sniper System chambered in 7.62. Accurate, long range firepower that can be used for mid to close range if needed since it's semi-auto and has the same ergonomics as the M-16/M4 which helps for muscle memory purposes. My Special Purpose Rifle is based off of the SASS, I had that same exact scope but in black)

m110_sass_pod.jpg

Assault Rifle: AK-47M: (One of the most reliable and rugged small arms the world has ever known. I like it with the modern accouterments like rails and plastic furniture.)

ak47-tactical.jpg

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

We have these from time to time, it's a way to show your guns and also to answer questions about the legality of firearm ownership. I'm not a crazy gun nut, nor is most gun owners, though there are a few that make the whole community look bad. Let's keep that out of here. Face it, in some cases it is best to be able to protect yourself and your family, not to mention it is simply fun to shoot. I'll post my collection and latest pickups after a few people post.

If you have questions ask away.
My dad passed away 2 years ago.
He had 2 guns... (1) 9mm SigSauer ... and (1) revolver.

I now have both guns.  Should I go to my nearest shop to register?

I'm leaning towards getting my own license... plus taking gun handling/cleaning classes at my local shop.

What do you all think about the registering question?

Thanks NT.

L8R

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Did you pay retail for this?
I want this firearm except the .40 caliber
Paid $499 for it and if I had to do it all over again I would have got the .40. With the .40 you can buy a 9mm barrel and some 9mm mags and now all you have to do is switch barrels and now your pistol can shoot both .40 and 9mm.

Originally Posted by capricdragon

We have these from time to time, it's a way to show your guns and also to answer questions about the legality of firearm ownership. I'm not a crazy gun nut, nor is most gun owners, though there are a few that make the whole community look bad. Let's keep that out of here. Face it, in some cases it is best to be able to protect yourself and your family, not to mention it is simply fun to shoot. I'll post my collection and latest pickups after a few people post.

I'm leaning towards getting my own license... plus taking gun handling/cleaning classes at my local shop.

Thanks NT.

L8R
First off, my condolences for the passing of your father. Next what state are you in. That is an important factor. 

Originally Posted by oo206oo

Originally Posted by Savraj1

No hate, but this thread disgusts me. I want to live in a safer world, not one in which everyone has a firearm.

Hope for the best.....prepare for the worst.
I'd love to live in a safer world as well.  I have THREE kids!
'everyone' in the world doesn't have a firearm... but there are a TON of idiots that do.  (ie. Tucson, Arizona tragedy)

until the gun lobbyists and politicians change their act, there will always be 'new' laws created after every tragedy.... but no laws banning guns outright.  At least in my lifetime.

IMO in today's society, good gun education/safety is the best.

Thanks NT.

L8R
First off, my condolences for the passing of your father. Next what state are you in. That is an important factor. 
Thanks Elder.
I'm in California.

I think I have some nice pics of my dad at a local gun range to add to this thread.

Thanks Elder.
I'm in California.

I think I have some nice pics of my dad at a local gun range to add to this thread.

Capricdragon, I found some information on another website that may lead you in the right direction. I have one VERY important caveat...especially when dealing with California gun laws...always verify any weapon related information by calling your local county sheriff's office or consulting their website. Anyway, check out the quoted material below and see if that can at least start you on the right path.

I recently overheard a conversation in a gun shop in CA about a similar situation. The answer was that ALL handguns need to be registered in CA. You take the guns to your FFL dealer with a copy of the death certificate. The paper work must be done by you and you may also have to take the handgun safety test as well (you take it once and they give you a certificate good for (?) years). You may be limited to doing one gun per month (??) in which case the dealer can legally store the guns for you. He may want a fee as they have to be processed into his BATF FFL books. If you keep them at home before legally registering them you are technically in the possession of un-registered (to you) hand guns. Your dealer has all the answers. The Police know litttle about CA registration proceedures as that is not a job they do, but a job FFL dealers do absloutley every day. If your dealer has no info he has a CA DOJ office he can call that will fill him in. There are fees involved.

See your local dealer (gun shop).

Thanks Elder.
I'm in California.

Capricdragon, I found some information on another website that may lead you in the right direction. I have one VERY important caveat...especially when dealing with California gun laws...always verify any weapon related information by calling your local county sheriff's office or consulting their website. Anyway, check out the quoted material below and see if that can at least start you on the right path.

I recently overheard a conversation in a gun shop in CA about a similar situation. The answer was that ALL handguns need to be registered in CA. You take the guns to your FFL dealer with a copy of the death certificate. The paper work must be done by you and you may also have to take the handgun safety test as well (you take it once and they give you a certificate good for (?) years). You may be limited to doing one gun per month (??) in which case the dealer can legally store the guns for you. He may want a fee as they have to be processed into his BATF FFL books. If you keep them at home before legally registering them you are technically in the possession of un-registered (to you) hand guns. Your dealer has all the answers. The Police know litttle about CA registration proceedures as that is not a job they do, but a job FFL dealers do absloutley every day. If your dealer has no info he has a CA DOJ office he can call that will fill him in. There are fees involved.

See your local dealer (gun shop).

Thanks Elder.  Good stuff.

Thanks Elder.  Good stuff.

No problem man, the gun guys on NT definitely supports someone trying to do things the right way and if one of us don't respond in enough time you can IM us, because I know sometimes I'll miss this thread being on the first few pages. Good luck with everything.

Capricdragon, Calguns.net is probably the best place to find info on California gun laws. A bunch on very knowledgeable folk over there. 

Capricdragon, Calguns.net is probably the best place to find info on California gun laws. A bunch on very knowledgeable folk over there. 

Thanks also ARGuy.  I'll def check out that website.
Here's one of the latest pics taken of my dad having a good time. He was in the Philippines at the time and actually passed away a short time after this pic.

Absolutely classic photo.

I have a nice post- Christmas, early B-day present I finally get to pick up on thursday (damn CA 10 wait period)...will post pictures once the new toy arrives home!!!

Handgun - fnp-9(but there are so many to choose from that will serve just as well) why- polymer frame easier to carry and it holds 15 rounds
Shotgun - no experience but i really want a fn slp
Rifle - i dunno- fn xpr?
Sub-machine/Assault Rifle - building an AR now but i really want a SCAR

i'm biased to FN

I may just pick up a trs-25- for the price it's worth a try

Handgun - fnp-9(but there are so many to choose from that will serve just as well) why- polymer frame easier to carry and it holds 15 rounds
Shotgun - no experience but i really want a fn slp
Rifle - i dunno- fn xpr?
Sub-machine/Assault Rifle - building an AR now but i really want a SCAR

i'm biased to FN

I may just pick up a trs-25- for the price it's worth a try
Nothing wrong with that. They produce some good stuff.

Handgun
Shotgun
Rifle

HG - depends on what caliber...9mm - Beretta M9-A1...40 S&W - Sig P226....45ACP - Colt Series 70 1911 or a Special Edition Colt 1911
Shotgun - Remington 870
Rifle - Barrett 82A1...LOOOOOONG RANGE, Semi Auto, .50...
eek.gif

Assault Rifle - AK47...would say an AR but with a Barrett, superior range and accuracy isn't a necessity for my assault weapon...So I choose an AK since I KNOW it'll go bang no matter what.

I'd take an M2 Browning over ANY of that though!
devil.gif

- Preciate it.

Back
Top Bottom