NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

What can you running on the 509, Velle47 Velle47 ?

I got a normal 509c in a trade + cash for the evo that I used to post in here lol

(for clarity, @creamincfoe I'd get the normal 509 tactical NOT THE COMPACT. If I had any actual gripe it'd be that I have the normal compact not a normal tactical if that makes any sense. I don't like grip extensions although FNs are the best ive personally handled)

Ideally I'd like to get a threaded barrel and run a can I just don't wanna go down that rabbit hole right now lol

Pretty much what ice is running Obsidian 9 on my 509t, Obsidian 45 on my 45t

IMG_2259.jpeg

Here’s what my barrel I posted earlier went on. Build is almost ready.

Radian Raptor/Talon
Geissele Trigger
Bipod
18” Barrel
Mlok Rail
Badger Ordinance Gas Block

Just gotta settle on a muzzle brake that goes with my can and glass

Last edited:
Thoughts on FN Reflex?

It's an internal hammer, not striker, so the trigger is gonna be different than a typical striker fired.

(Actually, to my knowledge I've never even seen, let alone fired, even dry, an internal hammer. I guess the lcp 2 was the closest?)

It's way thinner than the 509 apparently, but I learned that it doesn't have ambi controls like the 509. (To be slimmer)

That's all I really heard, it's fairly new, so not alot out yet unfortunately.

I really like the 509 I have although unrelated lol
I’ll Be The Guinea Pig For The Fam :nthat:

Per Usual For Me I’ve Done Quite A Bit Of Review Watching/Reading Before Making The Leap On This One And From What I’ve Seen, A Vast Majority Love This Pistol For What It Is. I’m Far From An Expert Shooter But As Soon As I Saw That FDE Version, I Knew I Had To Track One Down! :smokin
IMG_6996.jpeg

Now Just Need An FDE 510 And Maybe An FN Five Seven Of Some Sort And Should Be Good For A While :lol:
IMG_6999.jpeg

Beautiful bro….I’ll do some research thanks for the starting point.
LMAO why have independently gotten bored enough to decide my next thing is a suppressed bolt action?

Can't decide between a short 300aac or a pinned 308....

Not really wanting to do long range as much as LARP recon in bf4 lol

Would be nice to get into the 308 caliber

Would also be nice to use a bolt up to 250-300 without ears too.....

Everyone talk about bolt actions more lol please

LMAO why have independently gotten bored enough to decide my next thing is a suppressed bolt action?

Cause bolt guns are cool AF.

I honestly think there’s a lot of black semi auto rifle fatigue. Folks got a couple AR’s, maybe an AK and/or a short PCC, and unless they’re really diving into it, they don’t really want anything else.

I can say that I got into the bolt gun a little more during the pandemic when ammo and supplies were hard to find. A 50 round box of good ammo with a bolt gun will last just as long or longer as 150-200 rounds the way most people shoot.

I wholeheartedly approve this message!

Someone in this group needs to buy one of the aero precision solus action and chassis and report back. It’s got a lot going for it and it seems to have a lot going for it.

After my OCD research I'm pretty much set on a 16" or 14" pinned 300blk bolt action...

Just gotta narrow down models...

Tempted to go dirt cheap but you know the NTer in me keeps finding discontinued joints lol

When I bought my first handgun I promise I told myself "I'm never gonna have a whole bunch of different guns."

Never thought I'd own a hammer fired handgun, let alone EDC it. Never thought I'd want a bolt action rifle, especially in 300blk.

SMH @ myself

Not really wanting to do long range as much as LARP recon in bf4 lol

Would be nice to get into the 308 caliber

Would also be nice to use a bolt up to 250-300 without ears too.....

Bolt guns are cool homie. I shot my homies mosin and was hooked. I had a couple of other things to get first but the bolt will be my next pick up for sure

I’d fish the hell out of that lake.
I’ve Fished It A Few Times But No Catches Yet!

There’s Some Alpine Lake Rainbow In There For Sure!

Finally Tracked Down A Decent Outdoor Shooting Area Today With The Brother In-Law And Did Some Longer Range Plinking :pimp:
IMG_7168.jpeg

IMG_7170.jpeg

IMG_7174.jpeg

*Sidenote- The Reflex Is A Nice Little Pistol In My Limited Experience Opinion. Once I Got The Feel Of Her Down I Was Nailing The Spinner Target From 10-15 Yards. She Wants To Gum Up On The Rack Every Once In A While But Hoping That’ll Go Away With Some More Rounds Put Thru Her. Stoked To Get An EPS Carry And TLR7 Added And Should Be Carry Worthy After That!

Last edited:
While it may smooth the racking maybe tighter because it's hammer fired.

The slide maybe cocking the hammer, which would make sense.

The scorpion Evo has a giant hammer and makes the charging handle tougher to pull

While it may smooth the racking maybe tighter because it's hammer fired.

The slide maybe cocking the hammer, which would make sense.

The scorpion Evo has a giant hammer and makes the charging handle tougher to pull

Extended charging handle on the 🦂 makes a world of difference bruh

Extended charging handle on the 🦂 makes a world of difference bruh
I had an ascalon drop in trigger

The hammer is lighter and thinner so it made charging it a breeze

Also was super crisp light trigger with the yetiwurks trigger shoe. No creep no over travel.

Also didn't deform the bolt at all.

I actually ran a strike industries handle...it's like triangular.

Finally got the USP with Obsidian 45 out to the range. GASSY. But slick and smooth. First couple mags went great then my aim started getting sloppy. Need to work on tightening up control. 5 yards was money the whole time; 7.5 yards is where grouping started drifting.

20230917-161640.jpg

Back
Top Bottom