NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

EWD going after that Youtube ad money.

Go ahead brother. :lol:

[COLOR=#red] :rofl: While you messin around I'd love to get some type of sponsorship so the manufacturers could send me their firearms to review for free pub.a man can dream can't he? Lol.[/COLOR]

Last edited:
Picked up a new toy from budsgunshop.com the other day. It came in yesterday. For $299 it was a no brainer for me. Its going to end up as a stash gun. Nothing specific. I shot it this morning and it ran 100%

If anyone is in the market for a good handgun for the low. This might be for you.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...PX4+Storm+40S&W+Night+Sights+2x+14rd+Mags+DAO

Used Beretta PX4 Double Action Only 40S&W Night Sights (2) 14rd magazines.

These are police trade-ins that are in good mechanical condition. These guns have been carried and do show some holster wear. They come with 2 magazines and a plastic box. The nights sights do glow.

This is a great deal on a well built, reliable firearm that sells for over $500.00 new.

As always Buds guarantees the functionality of our used firearms. ­ ­­

Last edited:
Picked up a new toy from budsgunshop.com the other day. It came in yesterday. For $299 it was a no brainer for me. Its going to end up as a stash gun. Nothing specific. I shot it this morning and it ran 100%
If anyone is in the market for a good handgun for the low. This might be for you.
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...PX4+Storm+40S&W+Night+Sights+2x+14rd+Mags+DAO

[COLOR=#red]Very smart buy JD. That was definitely a no brainer and the PX4's are actually quite good. [/COLOR]

I couldnt pass it up man. I really didnt want to spend the money right then but its always a good choice when the price, caliber, and quality of gun comes around for me. Being a police trade in with night sights, and all the reviews had gave em a go on the site, couldnt wait to pay for it .

Last edited:
that AK pistol seems like a perfect truck/car gun.

and damn, 300 for a beretta? Thats sigma territory! Not a fan of .40, but i know you are, and it came with night sights. great pickup dude!

Naw, never done...but i am slowing down/taking a break. The way i see it, i still need .30 cal, something like a remington 700 (the scoped FAL belongs to by boy) but im not thinking about that for a while. I traded a bunch of stuff, so im at 2 rifles ( 14.5 and 16" AR's), 2 shotguns (mossberg 500 and 930), and 3 pistols (2 FNP-9's and a cz .380)

i figure realistically, thats all i would ever really need. I got a decent little stash of 77 gr match ammo, i figure that can go the distance if absolutely necessary. But if i actually ever have the NEED to shoot it that far, that means **** got real and im probably not going to survive anyway

Next year, i'd really just like to attend a pistol, shotgun, and carbine class, and really get my reloading setup together, plus get everything setup properly (variable scope and light/sling for my 16" AR, a MRDS or eotech and light/sling for the 930) I met a couple of local dudes on vaguntrader.com that are going to help me get into reloading. Sucks because i literally have everything i need, except time. With another kid on the way,i doubt im going to have more free time.

Just put a down payment on a Walther P99c AS. Gonna be my first pistol purchase so I can't wait til I finally get it home and play with it.

Been almost a couple years since I contributed to this thread. BTW, this new NT sucks! I hate this layout, too much crap to navigate through.

Two new additions to the Family:

Savage 11/111 in .338 Lapua Magnum

Remington 700 SPS Tactical AAC-SD .308

Both currently on TPS rings, Harris bi-pods, cheapo Leupold until I decide on different glass. Going to order a Gemtech Sandstorm for the AAC.

2zqyhx3.jpg

ml769y.jpg

f0yq13.jpg

Couple images from a machine shoot in Oregon. This event actually got me into long range marksmanship.

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red]206, it has been awhile, good to see you post again. As always you come through with the goods. Man you can REALLY reach out and touch something with that .338 Lapua.

How was shooting that RPK? I remember you being the one who was really on the Soviet style weapons. Now I know why, they make simple yet great stuff. For my long ranger I'm looking at purchasing the Import version of the Dragunov SVD (Tigr). Anyway thanks for the update.[/COLOR]

Last edited:
whttup 206 ? good to see you back in the thread.

i thought regular old shooting was expensive.

i checked a couple of forums long range sections. good lord :x. makes shooting 5.56 look like 22lr. a little too rich for my blood. you going to get into reloading? I know that .338 is a monster to feed, and i know most people serious about LR roll their own or have someone do it for them.

[COLOR=#red]I have finally got the AK-47 speed reload down. Gonna do a YouTube video on it pretty soon. The method I do keeps your hand on the grip and the weapon pointed downrange, I don't like the method of using the new mag to eject the spent mag.

I also wanted to add that you don't have to be at the range to train and practice. You can train at home doing slice the pie drills, reflex aim drills, reload drills, and even room clearing drills. What I have been doing lately is doing round count drills...Basically I do reflex aim drills on various items around the house...as the items come into my sight picture I mimic a controlled pair (double tap). I know my fresh mags are topped off at 30 rounds so I count once per controlled pair. When I get to 15 then I know it's time for a reload which then I execute.

This is the type of mental preparation that makes a decent shooter into a shooting machine. Pretty soon your firearm will feel like an extension of yourself.

Remember guys owning firearms is just the beginning. Almost any legal person with money can buy them, but it takes time/effort to become proficient.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]
I finally got my optics for my 'lil friend... the Vortex Strikefire. First off I want to say YES I know it's ugly, I knew that when I was reviewing it and researching it. I almost didn't buy it because it didn't "match" my AK pistol. Then with a self given swift kick in the nuts I thought "function over form"...and does this baby perform. The Vortex Strikeforce could be considered the rookie of the year as far as optics go. It is waterproof, fog proof, shock resistant, has a green and red reticle, AND comes with a 2X Magnifier. I have it "cowitnessed" with my green laser. Basically the green dot and the green laser overlap each other.[/COLOR]

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red]Larry Vickers extolling the virtues of the AK-47. Clears up some of the myths and misconceptions of one of the greatest firearms the world has ever seen. Don't know who Mr. Vickers is then google him. I'll take information from him over any weapon message board or so-called expert.[/COLOR]

I've had my new 9mm for two months now, bought 300 rds., and still have pulled the trigger once..I gotta get to the range soon..

:lol: typical nt ****, ewd getting me hyped on the m92. can't get a another gun for 6 months or so. but now i want an ak pistol for no reason. hopefully they are still around in 6 months. i wont cop a draco.

:lol: typical nt ****, ewd getting me hyped on the m92. can't get a another gun for 6 months or so. but now i want an ak pistol for no reason. hopefully they are still around in 6 months. i wont cop a draco.

[COLOR=#red]MPLS, they'll be around even when you are ready...they just started shipping to the US a few months ago...heck my Serial number is sub-500. Got mine for $545 NIB so try to look around that price if you can when you are ready. If you need me to track one down for you so you can get it FFL'ed let me know. We have gun shows here in Houston every other week it seems like, and I can get you the vendor info and secure a great price for you. Let me know either way...NT friends helping friends to spend unnecessary money...It's the NT way :lol: [/COLOR]

Last edited:
That M92 is really nice

I live in CA so the prices are crazy sometimes (guns not as cool as other states).... If I buy another gun it will be THAT :x :smokin

I see them for $650+ no less

Last edited:

[COLOR=#red]MPLS, they'll be around even when you are ready...they just started shipping to the US a few months ago...heck my Serial number is sub-500. Got mine for $545 NIB so try to look around that price if you can when you are ready. If you need me to track one down for you so you can get it FFL'ed let me know. We have gun shows here in Houston every other week it seems like, and I can get you the vendor info and secure a great price for you. Let me know either way...NT friends helping friends to spend unnecessary money...It's the NT way :lol: [/COLOR]

alright good, that's kinda what i figured. it's not like it's a surplus gun and eventually they will run out like a maadi. i've seen them for 585 online shipped and my ffl charges 30 bucks. i can't get another gun until may due to some legal crap but i'll probably pick this up next. appreciate the advice.

on another note, i just saw this. :x that's a steal. they go 450+ on gb all day. they charles daly american version is 700. i like these BUL's, people sleep on them.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F1BulM5&name=BUL+M-5+9mm+Pistol&groupid=670

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red]Went to the range today to sight in my Vortex Strikefire Red Dot sight. I can say affirmatively that it is a very very very capable red dot that is accurate, tough, and clear. I see why it is favorably compared to the AImpoints. I zeroed at 50 yards/150 feet and I shot standing up (off-hand) with no support. I was surprised at the results being I'm shooting an AK with no stock and a short "10 barrel.

If you youtube people shooting AK pistols they hold it almost at arms length away from their face...which causes instability. I have discovered a way to shoot AK pistols that provide almost as much support as having stock. Basically I found out that if you use the receiver/dustcover as a cheekweld it provides a stable platform in which to shoot. It doesn't hurt, as a matter of fact you don't feel anything. With a red dot mounted on high rings it creates the PERFECT sight picture and virtually eliminates any parallax issues.

I am in the process of developing a product for AK pistols in which I will get patented, I'll need at least 6 months for blueprinting, prototyping, and figuring out production. Best believe I'm looking for a way for my hobby to pay me instead of the other way around. I have spoken to a few about my idea and it's being received quite well. Wish me luck guys. Anyway the target is below.[/COLOR]

Nice shooting bro. Sounds like you got it down. You'll be killing it once you put your stock on too.

Your product sounds nice but I'm left handed and would catch a bolt carrier in the face.

Last edited:
Nice shooting bro. Sounds like you got it down. You'll be killing it once you put your stock on too.
Your product sounds nice but I'm left handed and would catch a bolt carrier in the face.

[COLOR=#red]
MPLS once I saw your response, I went and figured out a solution for left handed shooters. It's harder to explain than it is to show. I'm actually left-handed...I write lefty, throw lefty, eat lefty, and originally learned to shoot lefty, but I switched over to shooting right handed because most firearms are designed for right handed people. Both techniques I developed for right handed and left handed make shooting the AK pistols stable enough where a stock isn't needed. That's a plus because it retains all the benefits of being extremely compact for CQB purposes as well as allowing for shots past 100 yards.

AK pistols have long been regarded as non-practical novelties, but then you see how people shoot them and you see why. Holding it out at arms length makes it an unstable platform, especially when factoring in the recoil of 7.62x39 My methods mitigates the the issues associated with accuracy and stability, while still allowing for fast target acquisition. [/COLOR]

Back
Top Bottom