NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

can you just modify the receiver to have an underfolding stock? those are mad uncomfortable is the only thing.

can you just modify the receiver to have an underfolding stock? those are mad uncomfortable is the only thing.

[COLOR=#red]There has to be some machinery done to accept the underfolder (UF). There are plenty of video tutorials online to do so, but I am going to get mine done by a professional. There seems to be two types of UF stocks. One looks like a bent wire rod, and the other looks more substantial. I like the second one. It's very low profile and when folded you can almost not even tell it's there. Of course ergonomics will suffer a bit, but then again AKs and their variants sacrifice ergos for pure simplistic functionality.

ARGuy I hear you brother. There are some who swear by the aesthetics of the wood furniture, and some who are going to the polymer furniture and rails. To me the wood is part of its iconic lore, so I may be a little nostalgic in that area, but I want a little more functionality so that's why I'm going with the quads. I already have a 220 lumen white light with integrated green laser that's just waiting on me putting rails on the front end. That green laser is very bright and recognizable even in broad daylight out to 25-30 yds...50+ yards if it's on a dark item. I love the CQB capability of this firearm. 7.62x39 is a nasty round.

BTW that Daniel Defense rifle that was just posted is nice. Interesting optic mount I must say.

To the gentleman that purchased the Glock 19, all I can say is "can't go wrong" with that purchase. I'm still in love with my G26. I have had more "prestigious" handguns like my old Kimber with Crimson Trace grips, my Sig P229 Elite, and the FNP 45 Tactical, but for some reason that simple ole Glock 26 is the best and my favorite handgun ever.[/COLOR]

Here is my Daniel Defense M4. Bought it off a coworker for a great price.

Why is the eotech on top of the rail instead of the receiver? Won't you lose your zero?

Elder - That AK is NICE! If only I could get something like that here. Question though, why did you choose the AK instead of the Scar 17S.

Why is the eotech on top of the rail instead of the receiver? Won't you lose your zero?
Elder - That AK is NICE! If only I could get something like that here. Question though, why did you choose the AK instead of the Scar 17S.

As long as the rail is a free-float rail it's fine to put it out that far.

[COLOR=#red]Thanks man. I went with a AK for a few reasons, and in no particular order of importance here's why:

[COLOR=#red]Reliability: These firearms work, and they work reliably and doesn't require as much regular maintenance as some of their counterparts. (I will still clean my firearm as it's just good procedure to do so).

Simplicity: Very few moving parts that are robust.
Capability: When in the hands of a trained user AK-47 is capable and formidable even with its lower level of accuracy as compared to its counterparts.

Ballistics: The 7.62x39 has superior ballistics even when used in a SBR configuration. A relatively flat trajectory and great energy even coming out of a short barrel.

Price: Between $450-$700 you can own one. Also in the case of the non-corrosive surplus ammunition you can purchase 1000 rds. for roughly $250.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]Here are the reasons why I picked a Serbian made AK pistol:[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]

Fit and Finish: The Serbian AK's have some of the best fit and finish out of the AK variants. The hinged top dust cover is a nice touch, and it is mounted very tight without wiggle or excessive play. The receiver is also thicker to give it a more solid and confident heft to it.

Features: It has a bolt catch integrated into the safety. The other AK variants don't have this feature. It's a luxury I can appreciate coming from the AR platform. Also they are supplied with Yugo mags which keep the bolt open after the last round is fired and ejected.
Iron Sights: The iron sights on the Serbian AK pistol have a flip up option that allows for the choice between a front sight post (ala M-16), or a front sight dot (more pistol like). The rear sight has dots as well as a 400 meter slit even though this isn't made for accuracy to 400m.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]
The SCAR 17S is a great platform, but lately I've been on the compact firepower kick. Not to mention I am saving over $2500 :lol: I noticed that the long piston design of the AK is very much alive and well in the SCAR 16 and 17. As a matter of fact, internally as far as the action goes the SCAR is more related to the AK than the AR.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]Kalashnikov and Stoner were great pioneers with the firearms they designed...many years later we are still basing designs around their original ideas.[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Yeah I've shot polish underfolders with the bent wire stock and they hurt. They are the underfolders you always see.

For whoever asked you can't mount a rail on the reciever of an AK. You can swap the dust cover for one with a rail but that would be ******ed since they are so wobbly. My AK has a rail mount on the reciever side that allows for you to slide a rail on that will maintain a zero. Most aks don't have a rail mount though and the only good rails to use with them are from Belarus and expensive as hell. That's why the quad rail is a good option. Midwest industries makes a good one. They also make one that replaces the iron sight on the receiver with a rail big enough for a red dot. But I'd never lose my irons if I was in ewd case.

[COLOR=#red]"Say Hello To My 'Lil Friend"

Quad-rails, MagPul AFG (It's legal since it's not a true vertical foregrip), White Light/Green Laser combo. My main man Dmitri hooked me up!!!

I found a AK-47 armory staffed by a Russian named Dmitri. He has EVERYTHING and is a Class III dealer. It's a small private shop with gated access that you have to call first in order to stop by. The best AK arsenal I've ever seen. RPK, SVD Dragunov, AKM, AK -74's, AK 47's, Russian Night vision, Russian Thermal scopes, every type of rail, stock, and anything else you can think of. ARGuy, if you ever come visit me in Houston we must make a stop there.

Me holding an SVD sniper rifle with the authentic Russian scope complete with the rubber eyepiece. The rifle is immaculate!!! Wish I could afford it. [/COLOR]

Last edited:

[COLOR=#red]
Hard to take a picture of the laser because it obscures the lens of the camera.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]
540 rounds. Ready to hit the range!!![/COLOR]

If I was to purchase a firearm, I'd choose a pump action shotgun.

I'm a total noob when it comes to this, but I've always loved those shottys.

[COLOR=#red]Serbian AK-47 "Pistol" range report:

Just got back from the range. First time shooting any AK-47 or variant. All you hear is how in accurate they are...I always took that with a grain of salt knowing inaccuracy mostly involves the shooter and not the weapon. For a short barreled weapon shooting a full sized rifle round with no buttstock this thing is quite accurate even with cheap surplus ammo. Also not a lot of recoil. This gun is solid, with no rattling parts. The gun rangemasters gathered around me as I shot it and one even asked to shoot it himself. He was amazed. One suggested I was ready to start getting into some serious competition shooting. Anyway the target is below. Had it at 30 ft as this was just weapon familiarization. With more practice I'll be able to take this out to 50+ yards accurately and then even further. All I can say that the 7.62 is one nasty round. It will go through cinderblock and keep going.

I was aiming for the center diamond...it is shooting a little low, which means I have to adjust the front sight post slightly for elevation. CD is for size reference. [/COLOR]

Back
Top Bottom