NYC BASKETBALL BALLERS NT ....... EDIT**** LA VENICE BEACH EDITION hmmm?!!?!?!?

laugh.gif
smh.gif

I'm still down. I think we have close to 10. Where's MJ, Denis, True, givemedanumba, AMP.... those dudes fell off the face of the Earth or what?

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Originally Posted by mikeJordache23

those clips are hard to watch, thought nyc had some ballers.  
The day I went competition level was nice, I was just mad and surprised NYCers call such soft fouls given it is supposed to be the mecca of streetball or whatever and all the stuff about ghetto ball being more rough because of the anger, the hunger, the aggression of the streets or some *!#%+#$%
laugh.gif
. Maybe we're more physical down south because we weigh more and like football

Wow, how did I miss this thread???? You must remember something, it seems that you've played against NT'ers who are from NYC. Not to knock their skills, but ball players in NYC do not come to "Niketalk" looking a hookup to run. Many play in place that people do not know about. There are those who go away to school and come back home for the summer, who look for places to run where they know that they'll get a good workout, with no drama attached. This is where I run, then many do as well. There is a Manhattan Sports Club off of Park ave in Midtown that is real nice, where you will get bankers and lawyers who played ball in school, playing against those who just came home from school, or are working summer internships at certain firms in the area. 

Enough defending my city... 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Nat Turner

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Originally Posted by mikeJordache23

those clips are hard to watch, thought nyc had some ballers.  
The day I went competition level was nice, I was just mad and surprised NYCers call such soft fouls given it is supposed to be the mecca of streetball or whatever and all the stuff about ghetto ball being more rough because of the anger, the hunger, the aggression of the streets or some *!#%+#$%
laugh.gif
. Maybe we're more physical down south because we weigh more and like football

Wow, how did I miss this thread???? You must remember something, it seems that you've played against NT'ers who are from NYC. Not to knock their skills, but ball players in NYC do not come to "Niketalk" looking a hookup to run. Many play in place that people do not know about. There are those who go away to school and come back home for the summer, who look for places to run where they know that they'll get a good workout, with no drama attached. This is where I run, then many do as well. There is a Manhattan Sports Club off of Park ave in Midtown that is real nice, where you will get bankers and lawyers who played ball in school, playing against those who just came home from school, or are working summer internships at certain firms in the area. 

Enough defending my city... 
laugh.gif

No doubt, I just wanted to play in one of those angry, contentious games you see on tv and movies where you're bleeding and %#+# afterwards and damn near a fight breaks out in game, but at the same time it's all respect and love after the game. Like, you remember the Nike Battlegrounds DVD when it was 1 on 1? I mean something like that, but in 5's. Physical, not Danny Fortson I'm going to injure you physical, but Kobe Bryant "when he gets in lock down mode and refs allow it" physical, FIBA physical, MJ pushoff on Byron Russell no call physical, Ron Artest getting away with now he's a Laker physical. You'd just have to be here and see it I guess, because maybe to some it seems like I want to hurt people or something. And yes, we also have d1s and guys who go off to school and come back for the summer, the weekend, or other random times of the yr.

The type of games you are refering to areleft for people who actually know each other.....random cats will not know how to take a game like that!
laugh.gif
 However, if you can get with some cats who know that it is just a game, not personal, then that can happen without some fight breaking out. More often than not, a fight is gonna happen if the play is too physical..
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom