NYC FTL...anyone else from NYC and moved for the better?

Originally Posted by Purple Face

Originally Posted by Kakashi

have a good night guys, i've gotta get up early

For what? You ain't got no job, Michigan boy.

I laughed out loud.
laugh.gif

You do have a point sir, I am overgeneralizing ppl from NJ. I do actually know some really cool people from there but being called the Armpit of America sucks.And the majority of ppl I come into contact with from there are the tan juiced up guidos. Im not trying to offend you though my good sir

Your perspective is different....if you would have grown up in a small town in Michigan your whole life you'd probably be dying to go to places like NYC

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

you moved when you were 12 though...how you gonna talk about comparing the cost of living?
i just graduated college from there been there since 18, i'm 22 now...just got back in august.

I lived in NYC my whole life & I don't think I would ever want to live anywhere else. And my dream is to live in Manhattan one day but I don't knowwhere, either Soho or if I want to dream big the upper east side over looking central park. lol

Originally Posted by cocolicious

I lived in NYC my whole life & I don't think I would ever want to live anywhere else. And my dream is to live in Manhattan one day but I don't know where, either Soho or if I want to dream big the upper east side over looking central park. lol
your name is cocolicious, dream small so you're not disappointed.

Miami> NYC

I don't plan to move back to NYC long term(at least not for another winter)

Different strokes for different folks. Some enjoy city life, others don't. I personally need the hustle and bustle of the city. And cost of living"towering" over NY would mean it cost more to live there, but I'm sure you tried to say it cost less. Which is fine, but you also need tounderstand that salary wages are lower as well. If I were to move to Michigan and stay in my field I'd more than likely have to take a pay cut. And killall that Queens is wack noise.

Originally Posted by cocolicious

I lived in NYC my whole life & I don't think I would ever want to live anywhere else. And my dream is to live in Manhattan one day but I don't know where, either Soho or if I want to dream big the upper east side over looking central park. lol
your name is cocolicious, dream small so you're not disappointed.

I don't get it. And my username stands for Coco Chanel, I just added the licious just because. LOL

The fact that you had to make this thread just shows how much the city is on your mind.

I never see these type of threads made about anywhere else.

All bias aside...I've been to my fair share of locales but unless I have sometype of serious emergency or strike it rich and can live in multipleplaces....I will always have a foot in NYC.

I can go to Liberty ave and get some Roti and Doubles from the Indians, go to Harlem and get nutcrackers and piff up the block from sovereignty and nationalityclass with the Moors and Afrika Bambaata, Manhattan is like nowhere else in the world and you can't ever really be down if you have a hustlers attitude inthat place. If my pockets are tapped, please believe i'm heading down to 34/42 st with a hustle on my mind and coming home with at least a buck in mypocket. Little Italy is full of life and authentic Southern European culture (BANGIN FOOD). Little Brazil, El Barrio, Washington Heights, L.E.S., etc. Brooklynis a world on its on, that you won't find anywhere else. The best of Asia is in the city. Martial Arts teachers, business links to mainland China, Asiancuisine, wholesale everything, etc. Beautiful women of all hues, backgrounds and mentalities, great education for bargain prices, money flowing all over theplaces, cultural exchange that you will find nowhere else in the world, NYC has too much to offer.
Some people just have different tastes and lifestyles....or just plain ain't built to live here (sounds like you OP)

Originally Posted by Appollyon Lives

I find that most of the time when I hear someone talk *#++ about queens, They never really even experienced this borough. I was born and raised in queens and am extremely proud of that fact.
I find it really annoying when people from other boroughs come to Queens and complain like girls about how everything is soooo different than in Manhattan or Brooklyn.
I you don't like Queens, then don't come here simple.

It depends what you're in NY for, though. I lived in San Diego for 18 years, moved to Chicago for 4 years for college, and have lived in NYC for 2 years.

If you're in NY trying to hit in big on the Street (like myself), then there isn't any other place you should be. It all comes down to the context ofwhy you're here. Personally, I love New York. The pace of living may be really fast, but when you can wind it down, it's a great city. There are alwaysnew people to meet, and new things to do, it doesn't disappoint.

To be honest, when I go back to San Diego to visit family, I always end up missing the city after a couple days.

After living in three major metropolis's, I'd rank em' like this:

Chi-Town = NYC > SD

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

Beautiful women of all hues, backgrounds and mentalities, great education for bargain prices, money flowing all over the places, cultural exchange that you will find nowhere else in the world, NYC has too much to offer.
Some people just have different tastes and lifestyles....or just plain ain't built to live here (sounds like you OP)

it's nice at first glance, but the time, money and energy taken to really enjoy those finer pleasures will kill you slow.
huey don't take this the wrong way but some people have different and more serious goals than others.
my apartment in Mahattan on 10th was $2100 a month for a walk-thru. here in rochester i live in a luxury apartment not far from my parents
for $900 a month. and i make as much i did there except i get weekends off.

now i'm able to visit from time to time and spend some extra cash without budgeting...sometime i miss the hustle and bussle, but waking up with money inthe bank and weekends off feels better.

Originally Posted by KRISPACINLA

i'm from sunnyside queens and i moved to michigan when i was around tweleve, even though i still visit my family often
in retrospect nyc doesn't really offer anything, and you live too fast pace to enjoy life. everyone is an undercover racist and
things are over priced. greater rochester, michigan on the other hand is nice, people are friendly and cost of living in towers over new york's
i used to hate to tell people i live in michigan when i visited new york i felt ashamed but now that i'm older, i wouldn't change it
for the world. being able to step back and breath, enjoy life without unnecessary politics.

anyone else born in new york and raise somewhere else that can relate?
Oo oD OP?

The race thing really? There is racism EVERYWHERE, and its wayyyyy worse outside of NY. And to say you love Michigan more than NY I can understand to a degreebecause NY is IMO is overpriced for the quality of life we have here, but Michigan has the worst unemployment rate in the country not to mention its usually inthe top ten for crime. Also, New York has a million things to do here what in Michigan is going to compete with our entertainment, nightlife, culture, shoppingetc.?

Beautiful women of all hues, backgrounds and mentalities, great education for bargain prices, money flowing all over the places, cultural exchange that you will find nowhere else in the world, NYC has too much to offer.

it's nice at first glance, but the time, money and energy taken to really enjoy those finer pleasures will kill you slow.
huey don't take this the wrong way but some people have different and more serious goals than others.
my apartment in Mahattan on 10th was $2100 a month for a walk-thru. here in rochester i live in a luxury apartment not far from my parents

now i'm able to visit from time to time and spend some extra cash without budgeting...sometime i miss the hustle and bussle, but waking up with money in the bank and weekends off feels better.

There is no sense living in Manhattan if you can't afford it.

You can live in relatively luxury in the outer boroughs for half the price.

It doesn't take much time, money or energy to enjoy things because everything is right in front of you. I enjoy myself at work (Fordham Road) just bywalking outside and talking to Fordham University girls or the throng of beautiful women up and down the ave. I can walk to Little Italy for lunch, get thebest Italian food and Pizza in the country in a 2 minute walk, then walk to the Botanical Gardens or Bronx Zoo and enjoy the rest of my lunch break.

The Metro North is right across the street and I get to 42 st in 10 minutes flat. Everyday after work I hop on the shuttle, relaxed, spaced out leathercabin...and head down to the city to network, bar hop, workout/train, go to a libray, park or musuem or just to chill and walk around. All of this is on $20.

Then I come back home to the Bronx, chill with my people and wyl out in an entirely different atmoshpere or relax and walk around this beautiful park with mygirl that sits directly in front of my doorstep

And I've been living here for 23 years...its not killing me. Its making me better.

10377.jpg
\
10373.jpg

10379.jpg

10375.jpg

MCP_5110.jpg%20Crotona%20Park%20New%20Bridge,%20M.P._resize.jpg
MCP_5118.jpg%20Friends%20of%20Crotona%20Park%20-n-%20Comm.%20Benepe,%20M.P._resize.jpg

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Son you went from one L to an even bigger L.

Talkin about undercover racists in NYC

You not even a real NYCer with that talk. Ofcourse you can't appreciate the city if you weren't raised here.
THIS...

Brooklyn FTW

I don't understand the "moved for the better" aspect in this topic.
NY just wasn't for you OP, that's all.

ive never lived in another state but ive visited, i seriously wouldnt have it any other way. Maybe im used to the fast paced life of ny, more so than that ienjoy the salary, although the cost of living is higher, the pay if you make the right moves in life is higher also. Now if you a weak minded individual whomuch rather live comfortably while working at starbucks, old navy or mcdonals for the rest of your life than NY is definately not the place for you, YOU SIMPLYWONT MAKE IT. Ive seen and heard of alot of people making a decent living off these jobs in other states though, maybe thats why some people like it in otherstates....

Why do yall hate Queens ? From what I heard from a NJ chick when I was in NY, Queens has alot of "other" latinos AKA mexicans, ecua, peruvians,colombians ETC..

I don't really care for any of those ^^ [im colombian too
laugh.gif
] personally but it wouldn't stop me from living in Queens. From what it looks likethough, alot of Queens is kind of far from Manhattan.

I swear to god HueyPinRLP makes me wanna move to NYC more everytime he posts about it
smh.gif
. That 90s thread had me in awe.

Im a Texan, where is a nice place to live with a roommate in the BX for the cheap ? Or "da" Wash heights ? Hamilton Heights? Spanish Harlem ?

now i'm able to visit from time to time and spend some extra cash without budgeting...sometime i miss the hustle and bussle, but waking up with money in the bank and weekends off feels better.

There is no sense living in Manhattan if you can't afford it.

You can live in relatively luxury in the outer boroughs for half the price.

It doesn't take much time, money or energy to enjoy things because everything is right in front of you. I enjoy myself at work (Fordham Road) just by walking outside and talking to Fordham University girls or the throng of beautiful women up and down the ave. I can walk to Little Italy for lunch, get the best Italian food and Pizza in the country in a 2 minute walk, then walk to the Botanical Gardens or Bronx Zoo and enjoy the rest of my lunch break.

The Metro North is right across the street and I get to 42 st in 10 minutes flat. Everyday after work I hop on the shuttle, relaxed, spaced out leather cabin...and head down to the city to network, bar hop, workout/train, go to a libray, park or musuem or just to chill and walk around. All of this is on $20.

Then I come back home to the Bronx, chill with my people and wyl out in an entirely different atmoshpere or relax and walk around this beautiful park with my girl that sits directly in front of my doorstep

And I've been living here for 23 years...its not killing me. Its making me better.

10377.jpg
\
10373.jpg

10379.jpg

10375.jpg

MCP_5110.jpg%20Crotona%20Park%20New%20Bridge,%20M.P._resize.jpg
MCP_5118.jpg%20Friends%20of%20Crotona%20Park%20-n-%20Comm.%20Benepe,%20M.P._resize.jpg

lmao...you see that baseball field in the third pic?...back when i was about 13 i was there with my friends and the big fence right between first base and thebleachers fell on me and nearly killed me, i caught a concusion. My mother ended up sueing the city and we won in a settlement....SMALL WORLD!....i grew up ontremont not too far from where you are.

Originally Posted by Appollyon Lives

I find that most of the time when I hear someone talk !#*@ about queens, They never really even experienced this borough. I was born and raised in queens and am extremely proud of that fact.
I find it really annoying when people from other boroughs come to Queens and complain like girls about how everything is soooo different than in Manhattan or Brooklyn.
I you don't like Queens, then don't come here simple.

co-sign.jpg

Originally Posted by Forgot About Jae

Why do yall hate Queens ? From what I heard from a NJ chick when I was in NY, Queens has alot of "other" latinos AKA mexicans, ecua, peruvians, colombians ETC..
grin.gif

I swear to god HueyPinRLP makes me wanna move to NYC more everytime he posts about it
smh.gif
. That 90s thread had me in awe.

Im a Texan, where is a nice place to live with a roommate in the BX for the cheap ? Or "da" Wash heights ? Hamilton Heights? Spanish Harlem ?
As far as this, any of these places can be affordable, especially with a roommate. It all just depends on what you are looking for and how muchyou are willing to pay.

Back
Top Bottom