NYC FTL...anyone else from NYC and moved for the better?

Like I always tell people. If you have money then NY is one of the top 3 places to live in the world ( other 2 are Tokyo and London). If not, then NY isnothing special because you can't take advantage of everything it offers.

Growing up in NYC, growing old in Fla.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ksteezy

ive never lived in another state but ive visited, i seriously wouldnt have it any other way. Maybe im used to the fast paced life of ny, more so than that i enjoy the salary, although the cost of living is higher, the pay if you make the right moves in life is higher also. Now if you a weak minded individual who much rather live comfortably while working at starbucks, old navy or mcdonals for the rest of your life than NY is definately not the place for you, YOU SIMPLY WONT MAKE IT. Ive seen and heard of alot of people making a decent living off these jobs in other states though, maybe thats why some people like it in other states....
comedy

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ florida...Peeps keep forgetting that NYC is only a small cluster of our state...if you want to livelike a floridian, go to long island or upstate NY...that way you can always drive to NYC, which is an hour away. Ive lived in NYC for 19 years, and im stillamazed at how great this city is. I dont give a ++@# what anybody else have to say
pimp.gif

moved from ny to orlando about 6 years ago , all i ever wanted to do was move back or maybe miami

Just curious, has ANYONE ever changed ANYONE"S mind when it comes to threads like these?
Am I the only one that realizes its nothing more than wasted energy?

Insert your city here (YOUR HOME)>>>>>ALL
This fact will never change.

I mean we got that dude here who swears by Alaska.....ALASKA.
Just give it up people.

some of you dont know what the hell you're talking about and some of you are herbs

laugh.gif
at dude who's pushin florida y'all not even poppin down south nomore ATL is the place to be down south. My moms bought a house in ATL like 5 yearsago I go down their every summer and I wanna leave after a week I don't even know how my moms does it at all. No matter how much of them chicks out theirlove to give it up to NY dudes its not enough for me to live down their for the rest of my life.

NYC >>> EVERYTHING.

Why is it that Florida broads, or just southern broads in general love them some NY men?
I think Im starting to understand the hate.

One of us *!#!%* your girl so now you hate everything NY stands for.

Originally Posted by JFDOOM

Originally Posted by AlanDutch

I'll never leave The Bronx
pimp.gif

Country Club? All my "bros" live there or City Island
If so you real close bruh
pimp.gif
Yes sir
nerd.gif

i drove by country cub the other day, i gotta say the houses were on point, kindda small community, but definately nice.

I'll never leave The Bronx
pimp.gif

I left because I didnt have a choice
frown.gif

but the best borough
pimp.gif
, SouthBronx>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

notice it takes entire states to compete with NY.

what part of sunnyside? im on 43rd and 43rd
nerd.gif
. ps150 alum? is125?

nyc is the greatest city in the world. ask anyone outside the united states what part of the usa theyd want to live in and 90/100 will say NYC. crossroads ofthe world. ive lived 19 years in sunnyside and i wouldnt trade it for anything. lots of hate for queens here but im 15min from the city and my neighborhood isnice, clean, the people are nice, and i got a rent controled aptment.

NYC>*

Price of cigarettes is so expensive in ny, $10/pack compared to like $6/pack in cali
smh.gif

Originally Posted by BrownBox

Price of cigarettes is so expensive in ny, $10/pack compared to like $6/pack in cali
smh.gif

[sarcasm] the best reason yet, why some other state is better than NY [/sarcasm]

seriously though...whats wrong with queens?...I live in queens, Rosedale to be exact. I know queens n hang out in alot of the areas from time to time. But whydoes Queens get so much hate, someone enlighten me. Id rather live in queens that the other boroughs, besides Manhattan if anything.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

BrownBox wrote:

smh.gif

[sarcasm] the best reason yet, why some other state is better than NY [/sarcasm]

Living in NY is more expensive compared to other states though. Houses elsewhere are much cheaper. But they dont have as much things to offer as NY.
I'm just mad this place I used to go for cheaper cig packs got closed down because they did some shady stuff

Yeah, lived in Mt.Vernon when i was younger, moved to long island at a young age and i think life would be reaaal different had i stayed

Why all the hate for Queens? I don't get it. I understand some people might dislike it because it's far from Manhattan, but that's just theneighborhoods in the far east. There are a lot of great places to live when you live further west of Queens.

I think Every Borough has their own thing with them, which is why I don't understand why some of you are knocking on boroughs.

And for the OP...If you don't want to live in the fast life, why dont you just move out to Long Island like someone said?? It's all suburban out thereand the cost of living isn't so high.

Queens has the most diversity though.

I live in bayside, queens and have to pay for a lirr pass monthly to get to school
smh.gif

its not cheap either
smh.gif

I never understood the hate for queens, it might be a recent trend because I always knew si to be the hated borough. I'm in Astoria so I am like 10 minsfrom midtown and uptown. I get to live close to manhattan but don't have to pay manhattan prices besides mad lounges clubs resturants and decent shoppingplaces. I live in walking distance to movie theaters, 6-7 supermarkets, costco, clothings shops, a hospital, 5-6 pizza shops, delis, almost every fast foodjoint, schools, 4-5 parks and I can see the mahattan skyline from my roof bridges included. Got a duane read across the street and a deli open 24 hours. Also 2gyms across the street nysc and planet fitness. All this just 5-10 minutes WALKING distance or even less. Astoria>all

Back
Top Bottom