NYC Nters

New York City sucks. And the people who live in it are so closed minded and blind to that fact cause they've convinced themselves they live in "The greatest city in the world" (I got your greatest city right here) they literally believe it's the center of the universe although it's old, filthy and overpopulated.. Stop lying to your selves fellow New Yorkers, get out there and see how much greater the quality of life is across America.
I agree there is plenty of desirable places to live across the USA...my question was & is since you have experienced this better living...WHY are you still living in NYC & complaining fam? Pack your things, pull your kids out of school, transfer your retirement to a new location and make it happen. I don't get people when they complain about a certain issue/problem or aspect of life but continue laying in that problem by being a member of that problematic issue in your case NYC. Why have you not left? Lol Im very curious

So you're saying I should sell my house, take my daughter out of her school. Leave my career and lose my pension and convince my wife to do the same?. All the while leaving my parents and siblings?. Is that what you're saying?.. Bruh I said I leave every chance I get. That means every week you can catch me on the outs like Philly and jersey. Hell even upstate is better than these terrible boros. I'm good where I'm at. I just hate everything NYC.
No worries NYC hates you back :D

2019 philly looks like da Bronx in 1992 :lol:
Most def. I got nuttin but love for Philly. Go there for some halal cheesesteaks like 5x a year. Saad's Halal is my go-to spot. But, the city needs to do something about there crippling roads filled with axle-eating potholes & craters lol. Some parts def look like early 90s Bronx, hell, even a warzone

First off, I hope you enjoy your time here. It's truly an amazing city. Every borough has SO much to offer minus Staten Island lol. Checkout Times Sq for a few because it's what media defines to be NYC. I'm not against Times Sq but it's not be-all, end-all NYC. It's very touristy & over the top so get it out of the way. I live in Queens so I can give you an excellent list as to what to do around here. If you're into hookah definitely checkout Steinway St in Astoria...excellent Middle Eastern food/women & vibes. For a great slice of Pizza go to Dani's Pizza in Kew Gardens by Metropolitan Ave. Near there they also have a nice oldschool Ice Cream shop called Eddie's Sweet Shop. For nightlife & bar scene checkout Bell Blvd in Bayside. Also on Ditmars Blvd a restaurant/lounge called Truva. As for other locations throughout the city checkout Williamsburg,Brooklyn. A very trendy & hip neighborhood with lively shops & great local tastes. While there checkout "Best Pizza". Stay AWAY from Di Fara pizza...all gimmicky & not worth the 1 hour+ wait times. If you're into nature & wildlife...checkout the Bronx Zoo(free on Wednesdays). If you need any further assistance, lmk. Hope this helped
Thanks bro gonna check out the spots you’ve mentioned. I’m not a fan of Times Square.

Thanks bro gonna check out the spots you’ve mentioned. I’m not a fan of Times Square.
Lol that makes 2 of us. Only time I am anywhere near Times Sq is when I go to The Halal Guys (you MUST check this place out if you're a foodie) chicken & rice spot on 53rd St & 6th Ave. I get my food & than have to make a left 1 block before Times Sq and that is IT. That 1 block view of Times Sq is MORE THAN ENOUGH for me lol. Although I have to say I went to the Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum in Times Square couple years back and it was dope. If you're into creepy but cool wax figures check that out too lol.

NYC ain't nothing near as lit as the late 70s but still probably the most fun city in America. London, Paris and Barcelona> NYC tho

NYC ain't nothing near as lit as the late 70s but still probably the most fun city in America. London, Paris and Barcelona> NYC tho
Barca yeah, London is equal. Paris most overrated city in the world.
Nyc all depends on who you know to take you around since there are limitless possibilities. Illegal underground parties, bars, ***** houses and restaurants are where it’s at really

Last edited:

NYC at its best was early-mid 90's....crime was going down but gentrifiers were still scared to come so prices were cheap..oh and no social media so everyone was outside.

Nobody but tourist are fans of midtown Manhattan.
Nightmare to move around.
That's the thing man, they promote Manhattan so much & tourists don't even think of considering giving the other 4 boroughs a chance. Like, there is soo much to see & do throughout NYC outside of Manhattan. I only venture into Midtown or anywhere Manhattan really when I know I need to pick up some food or do a ln activity for the day thats only located in that specific area...other than that hard pass on Midtown.

Midtown is good for k-town and to get trashed at the karaoke bars during happy hour. Korean chicken wings are so damn good.

Midtown is good for k-town and to get trashed at the karaoke bars during happy hour. Korean chicken wings are so damn good.
I wish they were halal so I could endulge, damn! I always hear rave reviews on korean bbq

K town is hardly a town since it’s 1 block long b. Only good for karaoke and handjobs/bj’s from one of parlors on the strip if you say the right words.

Queens: Astoria
Sweet Afton (chill bar, good for a date or spittin game)
Olivers (brunch spot)
Break (sports bar)
Sugar Freak (amazing southern food)
Shi (sushi type lounge right by the water in Hunters Point)

I'm not a fan of Bell Blvd in Queens anymore. Lots of drunk kids now.

Manhattan:
For food just go on yelp type in an area (Midtown, Soho, etc) and you'll find anything you're looking for. I almost never eat at the same restaurant twice in the city. My bar days are kinda done, but honestly either go to the LES or Soho.

Mr. Purple (roof top bar with nice views and chill crowd)
Press Lounge (fancier roof top bar, expensive drinks, but nice vibe)

Back
Top Bottom