Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Michaelangelo (silly one)

• C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters
People are liars saying they'll tune out if this happened. Lakers recently tried to do the same and nobody cared, nor did it work. If this went down it would put even more eye balls on the NBA, not less. And enough of the parity BS; 24 of 30 each year are more or less irrelevant every year and it's been that way since as long as I can remember. Spurs and Heat were predicted to rematch since last summer.

Last edited:
:lol: @ the amount of y'all falling for it once again and getting all mad at rumors talking about you're never going to watch basketball again. Get a hold of yourselves :lol: :rolleyes
It's cool to post about KD being a Knick but not Melo going to the Heat?
Yeah cuz nobody in here is a ******* Heat fan. **** that message and the messenger. Leave that **** for the NBA thread.
So if they're already making it known they're going after KD, then it's pretty clear they're letting Melo walk, and letting him know to his face, si? They can't afford both right? And I mean why would they? Same position right? Basically same player too. plus and minus a few parts. So they're def letting him go
As of right now the Knicks are not actively letting it be known they're going after KD. so nothing is clear. These are just rumors.

It'd be incredibly stupid to let it be known so Melo could walk then KD doesn't even come here. That's not smart in any shape or form.
how the league axe chris paul to the lakers but would be ok with this? different administration, but still

not speaking from a homer point of view, but melo to miami (or any other player of his caliber to miami) would not be good for the league, especially the smaller market teams

at this point i really wound;t mind if carmelo went elsewhere, but the there should be some anti-trust type regulations set for teams
Cuz the league owned NO at the time and basketball reasons. You can't stop a free agent from going to a team of his choice. Suggesting so is ridiculous. What happened that time isn't anything similar to anything that's happened before or what we're talking about now.

Why should there be anti-trust regulations? This is bull **** reasoning. If they were all coming to the Knicks y'all wouldn't mind and most likely would welcome it.

Basketball reasons....
laugh.gif
. Gets me every time.

I want Melo to stay. He's been one of my favorite players since his days in Denver. But if he leaves I would like to see us get Love, Durant, and Rondo.
I don't know how we can do it with this horrible inflated contracts we're paying off tho.

now's not the time to bring logic into this

i will say that the chris paul veto was bogus one way or another though

How much less do the Heatles have to take to bring on Melo? Just another few mil per season each, right? Don't they easily make up the difference with some off the court deals? Seems like a no brainer to me. They all still have more money than they could ever spend. I can't stand the Heat, but if I'm Melo I'm diddy boppin to South Beach to have fun with my boys and win a couple chips. For sure.
People always talk about making up the difference with other deals off the court but thing is they'd be getting that money regardless if they took less money or got a max contract. I realize it's not a good argument the player is still not getting the most money they could get. The whole point is to take less money and thus earn less money for that period of time. Any extra money trying to make up for that just reminds you that you could've had more money if you signed for the max.

if this happened with melo and miami it would be sickening, i really enjoy watching strs go head to head it would seem unfair.. they would crush every other team...melo wants his legacy affected just like lebron then he can go right ahead but i reall think he is smarter than that and has more honor than making such a cop out move for a ring...adam silver is in charge free agency or not this is a buisness he should be able to reject it if he wants...i still see melo in new york or chicago and either one is repectable miami is not

People always talk about making up the difference with other deals off the court but thing is they'd be getting that money regardless if they took less money or got a max contract. I realize it's not a good argument the player is still not getting the most money they could get. The whole point is to take less money and thus earn less money for that period of time. Any extra money trying to make up for that just reminds you that you could've had more money if you signed for the max.

Winning squad = MORE (lucrative) off the court deals that make up the difference in lower contract. Does anyone really care about Melo on the Knicks? Honestly he's in his prime and to me he's like a washed up former superstar on a bum squad. Reduced to irrelevancy, just scoring pointless buckets and coming up short when it's playoff season. Put dude on the Heat, win 70 regular season games and a title and watch the stacks come in.

Last edited:
Does Jason Kidd's first season in Brooklyn impact your gauge or barometer for Fisher?

they made the playoffs, so he did well enough in my book. not to mention they made it past the first round. if dfish gives us that this year and we have all that cap space in 2015, i cant be mad at all.

Wow :lol:

NT"s reaction to this rumor = Melo smashing your wife levels of anger :lol:

Does Jason Kidd's first season in Brooklyn impact your gauge or barometer for Fisher?

they made the playoffs, so he did well enough in my book. not to mention they made it past the first round. if dfish gives us that this year and we have all that cap space in 2015, i cant be mad at all.

I am not looking at what Kidd did as a measuring stick for Fisher (who will be a proxy for Phil anyway)

He was forced to play small ball once Lopez got hurt which HELPED them. I wonder if he would've done that on his own. It would be hard for a first time coach to bench his cornerstone center.

I am not looking at what Kidd did as a measuring stick for Fisher (who will be a proxy for Phil anyway)

He was forced to play small ball once Lopez got hurt which HELPED them. I wonder if he would've done that on his own. It would be hard for a first time coach to bench his cornerstone center.
I'm sorry, I had to...

i wouldnt say hes the measuring stick, since different teams have different situations. however, considering they are/were both rookie coaches, i would be extremely happy if dfish had at least as much success as jkidd had. obviously, its like phil is pretty much coaching, but im just talking about the outcome of the season.

These long posts you guys a moving, man....

But anyway. Bron got 30m for that Beats deal.

Money ain't **** for players like lebron.

That Nets team had crazy high expectations. So i dont really consider Kidd's first season as a "success."
I think the expectations were sort of rediculous. Looking at they're roster it was a disaster waiting to happen with all of the old age. But you can't expect any team to beat the Heat at this stage. So, I'd say it was a success.

That Nets team had crazy high expectations. So i dont really consider Kidd's first season as a "success."
I mean, he made the second round without his starting center. Not bad for his first time out AND digging himself out of a big *** hole during the season.

I mean, he made the second round without his starting center. Not bad for his first time out AND digging himself out of a big *** hole during the season.

that made them a better team IMO. With Lopez on the floor they were slow, plus he rode the bench during crunch time anyway. his injury forced them to play smaller (Paul at the 4 a la Melo) and Plumlee (who i thought was garbage) got more minutes and did well.

Melo as a 30 year old "superstar" that has never sniffed a NBA finals in his life should only be considering Miami at this point. He saw how everyone criticized lebron up and down constantly until he started winning so he's going to want to do the same. Why would he wait out another year in New York, with Derek Fisher as his coach...laughable man. Haha

that you Pat?

that made them a better team IMO. With Lopez on the floor they were slow, plus he rode the bench during crunch time anyway. his injury forced them to play smaller (Paul at the 4 a la Melo) and Plumlee (who i thought was garbage) got more minutes and did well.
true, but it's not sustainable. That lineup is old. Honestly, he hasn't even been with them long enough to adapt to make it work. He can run the floor, but I don't think his feet will hold up ultimately. 

@beh235 yea, their team is old. they need to move lopez and williams ASAP. A ton of money invested in bad wheels.

Back
Top Bottom