Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Michaelangelo (silly one)

• C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters
Add KG and PP to that list, they don't have a chip left in them. At least not as the foundation, they could be vocal vets with limited minutes.

People always talk about making up the difference with other deals off the court but thing is they'd be getting that money regardless if they took less money or got a max contract. I realize it's not a good argument the player is still not getting the most money they could get. The whole point is to take less money and thus earn less money for that period of time. Any extra money trying to make up for that just reminds you that you could've had more money if you signed for the max.

Winning squad = MORE (lucrative) off the court deals that make up the difference in lower contract. Does anyone really care about Melo on the Knicks? Honestly he's in his prime and to me he's like a washed up former superstar on a bum squad. Reduced to irrelevancy, just scoring pointless buckets and coming up short when it's playoff season. Put dude on the Heat, win 70 regular season games and a title and watch the stacks come in.
Yeah seems you completely ignored what I said :lol:

Add KG and PP to that list, they don't have a chip left in them. At least not as the foundation, they could be vocal vets with limited minutes.

pierce is a free agent though. they need to move joe johnson. that dude is EATING and most definitely not worth his contract. its a toss up between him and amare in that regard.

Yeah seems you completely ignored what I said :lol:

In theory, Melo's endorsement deals in Miami would offset his lower salary. How is that tough to grasp? He can go get max in Dallas or NY where nobody cares about him and his endorsements are flat year over year -- or he can take less to join the most notable team of the '10s, immediately contend and likely win a chip, and watch the endorsement bread double up. Give up $XXM now to get $XXMx3 later. It's basic math man.

Last edited:
Like I said before any endorsement deals are gonna be there regardless for Melo. You only really start to get a bonus in those when you start to win championships as the main guy. So all that money will do is just remind a player this money he'd be getting anyway if he had a max contract or not.

Kobe had a max contract and didn't need endorsement deals to make up for anything. It was just more income. Same thing wit MJ and any other superstar for the most part.

Last edited:
I'm saying' :lol: It's tiring and annoying just watching some of you Knick fans. The way y'all panic yourselves during these types of situations. Mad forgetful and cynical. Like Melo was gonna do that regardless.

because apparently phil wanted him to opt in so he can get paid and give the team 1 more year to build.

Like I said before any endorsement deals are gonna be there regardless for Melo. You only really start to get a bonus in those when you start to win championships as the main guy. So all that money will do is just remind a player this money he'd be getting anyway if he had a max contract or not.

Kobe had a max contract and didn't need endorsement deals to make up for anything. It was just more income. Same thing wit MJ and any other superstar for the most part.
You're just making **** up now dog. Only LeBron is getting more money from endorsements in Miami? Stop. All those dudes are eating more than they would anywhere else.

Last edited:

pierce is a free agent though. they need to move joe johnson. that dude is EATING and most definitely not worth his contract. its a toss up between him and amare in that regard.
Still don't think PP got another chip in him, as full time starter. JJ and AS have big contracts but Stat been injury plagued what JJ's malfunction? LOL

Last edited:
Neither of these stories have any real validity to them. 

Melo to Miami?  Bad and unlikely on so many fronts.  Bron and co. just dug themselves out of years-long everyday controversy and vilification everywhere they played.  Think they're really trying to go back to that?  Any of them winning a ring would further diminish Miami's Big 3 legacy and turn Melo into the ire of average bball fans everywhere.  It would also taint what they've already accomplished and further the notion of 3 HOFers with so little heart they need to rig the game just to win.  The thought of Melo making back what he loses in contract in endorsements by moving from NY to Miami is preposterous.  NY the media capital of the world, Melo is the god out here and his endorsement deals reflect that. 

KD to NY?  After the teary-eyed press conference where he thanked all his teammates individually and the city and state multiple times over?  The guy who has almost as legitimate a chance to win in OKC with established friends and fan base in a city he says matches him perfectly?  Coming to NY, tabloid capital of the world? 

Both scenarios are completely ridiculous but have been put out there to stir up the stories now so that when the season is over, there are more things to report on. 

You're just making **** up now dog. Only LeBron is getting more money from endorsements in Miami? Stop. All those dudes are eating more than they would anywhere else.
Yeah it seems you're continuing to make stuff up and not read my posts. I didn't say any of that.

Endorsements come regardless. We're talking about NYC and you talking about Miami.

Back
Top Bottom