Do You Think Oakland Is Dangerous?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• They're about that action boss

• Total voters
I feel bad for Jack London Square everytime I go there. You can literally feel the potential of the place, but it's just empty... :smh:

Anything within the greater bay area will never become what Detroit is simply because of the economic powerhouse that is the Silicon Valley.

With BART expanding to the southbay by 2020, people will now have reasonable commute access to the South Bay from anywhere in the East Bay. Right now, you can't work in the silicon valley and live in the east bay because your only option is the 880 freeway. Once BART expands, I could see a lot of people moving out to the east bay and maintaining jobs in the silicon valley. 

I just don't see it. Based of safety issues alone, I already see co-workers who rather live in places such as Tracy and drive 2 hrs to work rather than move their families to Oakland.

Oakland will need to be saved from within first but I don't see how. The # of people in the city trying to do positive are outnumbered by those that simply don't give a F. It's almost like a lost cause.

How is Stockton?

Horrible, but for some reason, they seem to some unexpectedly fine girls there (speaking from experience, I visit my friends there often) :lol: Usually with a city like that, you expect the women to be as run down as the city itself

Last edited:
Hate to say it, but you really do sound ignorant.

The dude who posted that article is right about the Town being one of the most exciting places in America to move to. I have been looking for my first home in the Bay for a while, and every realtor I've spoken to has said Oakland is blowing up. Plenty of dot-commers are making their way out to Oakland and the rest of the East Bay and making it a hot bed for the newer generation.

All the hearsay youve heard from your friends and family are blinding you and preventing you from enjoying and appreciating one of the most exciting cities in America.
Only moving there because they are being priced out of SF, which they caused to begin with. You don't move into a worse section of the city by choice, but out of necessity.

*Source: Buddies who live(d) in SF.

These dot-commers aren't FORCED to move to Oakland. They CHOOSE to move to Oakland. If you had the loot to live in SF, you certainly have enough loot to live anywhere in the East Bay. But the fact is they picked Oakland over everywhere else because although it has its problems (which every major city in America does), there is enough good things happening and stirring up for these people to CHOOSE to move to Oakland.

Last edited:
My dad got caught up there, a person we knows business got robbed, coworker got literally beat up to the point where they went to the hospital after being robbed
was this back in 2010 or 2011? my friends dad got robbed, beat up and ended up in the hospital. :nerd:

hes okay now but its not the same

Last edited:
Sheriff Responds!!!

http://news.kron4.com/news/oakland-sheriffs-office-responds-to-oakland-sideshow-videos/

“This has been going on for years,” said Alameda County Sheriff’s Office spokesperson Sgt. J.D. Nelson.
“The powers that be in Oakland have depleted the Oakland Police Department, so, this is the kind of activity you’re going to get.”
In the report, one YouTube clip shows a sideshow crowd kicking and throwing glass bottles at a sheriff’s cruiser.
Nelson says it’s possible that the deputy probably left the scene to wait for backup but it’s difficult to say because the video stops when the car leaves the scene.

Sheriff Responds!!!

http://news.kron4.com/news/oakland-sheriffs-office-responds-to-oakland-sideshow-videos/

“This has been going on for years,” said Alameda County Sheriff’s Office spokesperson Sgt. J.D. Nelson.
“The powers that be in Oakland have depleted the Oakland Police Department, so, this is the kind of activity you’re going to get.”
In the report, one YouTube clip shows a sideshow crowd kicking and throwing glass bottles at a sheriff’s cruiser.
Nelson says it’s possible that the deputy probably left the scene to wait for backup but it’s difficult to say because the video stops when the car leaves the scene.

This has been regular activity for a decade. Not sure how it's so breaking.

The mall in Fairfield is probably the hoodish mall in America.

:lol: that mall is nowhere close to hood.

naw oakland still has its port to keep it afloat
no BAY AREA city will ever be Detroit status
and im not talking about fairfield and vallejo when i say bay area

I could see someone saying that Fairfield is not part of the bay(I personally disagree), but Vallejo? I think E-40 and Mac Dre (R.I.P) would disagree with you.

TBH, I disagree gentrification will occur. I think Oakland is more likely to become what Detroit is.

naw oakland still has its port to keep it afloat
no BAY AREA city will ever be Detroit status
and im not talking about fairfield and vallejo when i say bay area
That's about all they got. They're about to lose the Warriors and eventually will lose the A's.

From a commerce perspective, nobody is willing to invest there. Even Jack London Square which should be prime real estate is filled with empty vacancies.
These are RECENT developments proposed, approved, or broke ground within the past 365 DAYS. I'm not even going to dive into the billions of dollars invested in Oakland dating back the last fifteen years that were what actually got us to this point. 

Business, sales, hotel and property taxes rose to unprecedented levels last year. Oakland is an investors wet dream right now. Anybody with the even the vaguest idea about Oakland's economy knows this. 

Again you come with that stupid **** and present it as fact I'm gonna call you on it. 

Last edited:
Oakland is on the rise, I don't think there's any denying that by anyone who researches the investment being put into the city by various entities. I do feel for the people living there now who work hard to make ends meet who will find themselves on the unforgiving end of gentrification. NPR had a report about this a few months ago and it made me very sad to consider that Oakland could lose so many great people.

A lot of you guys sound like the "eew that place is soooo ghetto" @#$@@ @#$ rich girls from "The LG" aka Los Gatos I went to high school with when I told them I was raised in the Mission and East Side San Jose. Annoying as hell. Sheltered people really need to step outside of the US if they want to experience real slum conditions

hell, I went to an 80% rich white kids college too, and there's still more stabbings in the college community there every month than I've ever experienced anywhere I've lived :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom