Oakland RAIDERS OffSeason Thread

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

Is Marshall actually retiring?

nerd.gif
Haven't heard anything about this...I sure hope not.

No first round pick, but hopefully we can manage to pick up a legitimate CB opposite of Asomugha...*coughCHAMPcough*

We desperately need to have some kinda passing threat going into next season, a Schillens sighting at the end of this season was nice and helped a lot in that KC game. Imagine if we had a decent pass game the entire season with our rushing attack? 
sick.gif

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

Is Marshall actually retiring?

nerd.gif
Haven't heard anything about this...I sure hope not.

No first round pick, but hopefully we can manage to pick up a legitimate CB opposite of Asomugha...*coughCHAMPcough*

We desperately need to have some kinda passing threat going into next season, a Schillens sighting at the end of this season was nice and helped a lot in that KC game. Imagine if we had a decent pass game the entire season with our rushing attack? 
sick.gif

I dont get it. The Raiders have their best season in almost a decade and the reports are Cable is unlikely to return? Makes no sense.

I dont get it. The Raiders have their best season in almost a decade and the reports are Cable is unlikely to return? Makes no sense.

Originally Posted by dland24

Nothing makes sense when it involves Al Davis

Nothing makes sense when it involves Al Davis

I'm been waiting for nearly a decade for silver n black to get back to where they should always be, and now they wanna get rid of cable? Cable is such a perfect fit for the way the raiders used to be rough and tough

I'm been waiting for nearly a decade for silver n black to get back to where they should always be, and now they wanna get rid of cable? Cable is such a perfect fit for the way the raiders used to be rough and tough

Doesn't make sense to me either, BUT the same thing was reported last year...

I'd keep Cable even if it meant we lose Hue Jackson, theres GOTTA be a way to retain both though...if we can't keep Hue, meh, good luck elsewhere...I'd then settle for McDaniels at OC although I think those rumors are just ridiculous

Please keep Tom though, the players love them and the way he prepares the team is nearly 2nd to none in the NFL (other than Belichick)...I truly believe he prepares and gets his players to play harder than almost any other coach out there (again, other than the GOD Belichick)

Doesn't make sense to me either, BUT the same thing was reported last year...

I'd keep Cable even if it meant we lose Hue Jackson, theres GOTTA be a way to retain both though...if we can't keep Hue, meh, good luck elsewhere...I'd then settle for McDaniels at OC although I think those rumors are just ridiculous

Please keep Tom though, the players love them and the way he prepares the team is nearly 2nd to none in the NFL (other than Belichick)...I truly believe he prepares and gets his players to play harder than almost any other coach out there (again, other than the GOD Belichick)

We had an amazing draft last year so I can't wait for the draft already this year to see what we pull out,

Looking back these guys all could've/should've went 1st round,

Lamaar Houston - monster

Rolando McClain - came on strong at the end, not sure who else we would've taken unless it was McCourty (but that wouldn't have happened) or Dez Bryant

Jared Veldheer - looking like the long term solution at LT

Jacoby Ford - nothing needs to be said. Guy had 1st round talent and proved it this year, great all around teammate too.

We had an amazing draft last year so I can't wait for the draft already this year to see what we pull out,

Looking back these guys all could've/should've went 1st round,

Lamaar Houston - monster

Rolando McClain - came on strong at the end, not sure who else we would've taken unless it was McCourty (but that wouldn't have happened) or Dez Bryant

Jared Veldheer - looking like the long term solution at LT

Jacoby Ford - nothing needs to be said. Guy had 1st round talent and proved it this year, great all around teammate too.

Man, lets be real here...the media doesn't really know anything about whats going on operation wise in the Raiders offices...they reported the same thing last year, and we ended up keeping Cable.

Al Davis definitely talks to his players, and I'm sure he's listening to what they have to say...

But with that said, I still wouldn't be surprised with whatever Al Davis decides
laugh.gif

Man, lets be real here...the media doesn't really know anything about whats going on operation wise in the Raiders offices...they reported the same thing last year, and we ended up keeping Cable.

Al Davis definitely talks to his players, and I'm sure he's listening to what they have to say...

But with that said, I still wouldn't be surprised with whatever Al Davis decides
laugh.gif

*coughCHAMPcough*

Imagine. They say he wants out. But that would leave us on the hook for a lot of dough in our secondary.

Although, we would finally have that lights out secondary we thought we were getting with DeAngelo Hall.

I'd keep Cable even if it meant we lose Hue Jackson, theres GOTTA be a way to retain both though...if we can't keep Hue, meh, good luck elsewhere

I love the attitude that Cable brings to the team. With that said, we do NOT want him calling plays again.

We saw tosses, sweeps, reverses, slants, screens and solid playcalling under Hue this year. With another year of working with Jason Campbell, I only see good things
to come. I think we have to find a way to keep him.

Back
Top Bottom