October $250* challenge vol. Dat Frugal Life *REGISTRATION CLOSED*

Not including rent/gas, $500 is as high as $100 is little.

Depends on where you live. Think if it this way if it's $100 for this month your looking at basically $3.22 a day. Living in New York it's not going to happen.

You have to define the food parameters, mainly to determine what "eating out" entails. Going to Subway and getting a $5 foot long isn't the same as going to a steakhouse.

Is it spending more than $XX on a meal? Is it sitting down and having a waiter (or bartender) serving your food?

You have to define the food parameters, mainly to determine what "eating out" entails. Going to Subway and getting a $5 foot long isn't the same as going to a steakhouse.
Is it spending more than $XX on a meal? Is it sitting down and having a waiter (or bartender) serving your food?

You can eat out all you want, but its going to be a deducted from your $250. So if you wanna go balls deep first day and ball out do you but remember its a full month.

$100 = a challenge, eating in almost everyday in order to save money AND trying to find things to do that are cheap/inexpensive

this should be a challenge to see how well you can separate your wants from your needs. $200 seems like too much of a cushion.

credit card bills should be counted towards your budget if you're charging your credit card for new clothes, electronics, or unnecessary entertainment.

with that being said, i will be buying everything i want with my money until the 30th
laugh.gif

for whoever is doing the challenge, treat yoself this upcoming week
smokin.gif

Last edited:
$100 = a challenge, eating in almost everyday in order to save money AND trying to find things to do that are cheap/inexpensive

this should be a challenge to see how well you can separate your wants from your needs. $200 seems like too much of a cushion.

You would think but its harder than it seems lol. I thought it was simple but when you hit that first Friday evening of Oct. and you have $250 to last you a whole month and the weekend is starting up, everyone hitting you up to do stuff, makes you consider the future before spending money.

Well of course you can't charge your credit card. That defeats the entire purpose.

Gas, bills, child expenses, and rent do not fall underneath the challenge.

Everything else counts towards your 250...

You can eat out all you want, but its going to be a deducted from your $250. So if you wanna go balls deep first day and ball out do you but remember its a full month.

So is it $250 for ALL food, or just food prepared by someone else?

Edit: should clarify, is ALL food considered to an expense that is deductible from that $250, regardless of where it comes from or if you prepare it at home?

Last edited:
So is it $250 for ALL food, or just food prepared by someone else?

Grocery shopping is budgeted for, anything else is deducted from the $250

Example: If you have a $200 grocery budget, make a sandwich

or

Go to subway and spend $5, now you have $245 left.

Well if groceries don't count, with those exclusions I spend approximately $35 a month anyway (e-cigs, Netflix). I'm a financial wizard...or just poor, which I guess requires I be a financial wizard anyway.

Last edited:
If I was in high school hell yeah...

but hell naw

:lol: not sure why i found this to be so funny.

same for me. no chance in hell could i make it through with this. Its football season. One bad week would eat up my entire $250 allowance in one shot.

$250 is too high.... But I'm in. Shooting for $130 personally, maybe even lower.

Last edited:
I'll give it a shot. But with my birthday and Halloween in this month I do not see how I'll be successful.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom